Once Upon a Time in Holllywood - New Film by Quentin Tarantino, July 2019

Ace Nova

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.

I would be surprised if he stayed true to retiring after making 10 films.  I've heard stuff like that many times in different genres.  For example, Larry Bird said early on in his career that he was going to retire after 5 seasons. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.

Well I didn't care for the film but I was thinking of Jeff Hunter's career the other day and how it rather echos the type of actors being satirized here, albeit with the caveat that Hunter does seem to have had bigger Hollywood roles at the beginning of his career, The Searchers, King of Kings, which elevates his career above somebody like a Ty Hardin. Hunter began as a leading men at Fox, adventures and westerns; after a career lull (including the indignity of playing Indian chiefs!) Ford revived his career by casting him in three films including the aforementioned The Searchers, before Hunter produced his most memorable role as Jesus in King of Kings. It went downhill from that point on (although that is a matter of perspective), ending up in an ill-fated television western, Temple Houston (NBC, 1963-4), and captaining the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot before making b-movies in Europe and elsewhere, spaghetti and sauerkraut westerns, etc. - he even made some film in Hong Kong which is now deemed ''lost''. 

Further, he had the square-jawed good looks and suitable macho sounding name.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I didn't care for the film but I was thinking of Jeff Hunter's career the other day and how it rather echos the type of actors being satirized here, albeit with the caveat that Hunter does seem to have had bigger Hollywood roles at the beginning of his career, The Searchers, King of Kings, which elevates his career above somebody like a Ty Hardin. Hunter began as a leading men at Fox, adventures and westerns; after a career lull (including the indignity of playing Indian chiefs!) Ford revived his career by casting him in three films including the aforementioned The Searchers, before Hunter produced his most memorable role as Jesus in King of Kings. It went downhill from that point on (although that is a matter of perspective), ending up in an ill-fated television western, Temple Houston (NBC, 1963-4), and captaining the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot before making b-movies in Europe and elsewhere, spaghetti and sauerkraut westerns, etc. - he even made some film in Hong Kong which is now deemed ''lost''. 

Good call on Star Trek, that's how I became familiar with him--Captain Christopher Pike.

Edit: I just read that he died as a result of injuries he sustained while filming a movie called Cry Chicago. Very weird, he didn't die immediately but flew back to LA where he had a brain hemorrhage and fractured his skull when he fell.

Edited by lame ass security

51 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Good call on Star Trek, that's how I became familiar with him--Captain Christopher Pike.

Edit: I just read that he died as a result of injuries he sustained while filming a movie called Cry Chicago. Very weird, he didn't die immediately but flew back to LA where he had a brain hemorrhage and fractured his skull when he fell.

42 is far too early to die. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I wish Quentin's version was true.

Those were fictional characters. lol

Yeah, wish that ending was true too. The war would have been over sooner and maybe more people would have survived.  I love how Quentin changes things to suit his movies. That's was so cool about them.

Rick and Cliff are as real as a donut. 

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're saying Tarantinos last film might be a Star Trek one...I fuckin' hope not. 

On 1/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, DieselDaisy said:

42 is far too early to die. 

Bruce Lee was only 32. Steve McQueen was 50, by today's standards that's too young too.

Sharon Tate was in her twenties. Far too young. And yet Manson lived to his 80's. How fair is that? That bastard must have ruled his jail until he died. I read an article about how his son doesn't believe what his dad did. He thinks the media made it up. Denial must run in his family. Stupid jerk. I bet some how this freak will make money off his dad's name. 

wow both Quentin and Brad won a Golden Globe.

Was Leo nominated because he was awesome in this movie.

The E news dummies made a huge deal over the cameras showing Jennifer A. watching Brad make his speech after he won the award. Will they get back together? lol Who the hell cares! After what he did to her, I would never take him back.

Anyway, Congratulations to Brad and Quentin.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:28 AM, wasted said:

Rick and Cliff are as real as a donut. 

I know, but they were so good together. Quentin knows how to pick his actors. It would be awesome if Brad won, but I don't think he will.

Going to dvr the Oscars to speed through shit I don't care about. lol

I was talking about Q's version of the whole Manson killings.  Loved his version so better.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He didn't.  Solitary confinement most of the time, way too famous a criminal to be walking mainline, I think someone tried to set him on fire at one point. 

Yeah, you know someone would have taken him out. I'm sure being alone must have made him crazier than he already was. No one to manipulate to do his bidding. Though I bet there were some of his followers and newbies writing to him. There's always a bunch of nut jobs who just love to communicate with murders.

Just wish he had died sooner. I think some of his followers suffered in death, which was a good thing.

15 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, you know someone would have taken him out. I'm sure being alone must have made him crazier than he already was. No one to manipulate to do his bidding. Though I bet there were some of his followers and newbies writing to him. There's always a bunch of nut jobs who just love to communicate with murders.

Just wish he had died sooner. I think some of his followers suffered in death, which was a good thing.

I don't think he was really crazy, not in a raving sense.  He was just evil.  A hustler with no conscience.  In real terms I guess psychopath or sociopath is a fitting definition but what I mean is I don't think he was unaware of his actions, or that he truly believed he was some messiah.  It was a schtick...and a functioning schtick, as proven by the fact that it worked, before and after his incarceration.  if you look at his criminal convictions pre-murder they are all kinda pathetic, dodgy cheques, grand theft auto, bigamy, that kinda thing. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:42 AM, Len Cnut said:

I don't think he was really crazy, not in a raving sense.  He was just evil.  A hustler with no conscience.  In real terms I guess psychopath or sociopath is a fitting definition but what I mean is I don't think he was unaware of his actions, or that he truly believed he was some messiah.  It was a schtick...and a functioning schtick, as proven by the fact that it worked, before and after his incarceration.  if you look at his criminal convictions pre-murder they are all kinda pathetic, dodgy cheques, grand theft auto, bigamy, that kinda thing. 

Oh yeah, not crazy I agree. Just evil. I do believe that. He found all the weak people especially young girls and used their anger for his gain. I know he had a hard childhood, but so have tons of people and they don't do what he did. I commend the prosecutor for taking him down. I remember Manson talking about how he still had followers out there. I bet he does, but they're probably so old who cares anymore.

I was surprised his son made a statement that everything the cops said were lies about him. Another brainwashed soul. I honestly believe sometimes that if you're parents are evil it has to be in your blood too. I wonder who raised his son? I hope it wasn't his mother. Never realized that Manson had a kid. Sorry to see his name live on.

I think Leo is nominated for an Oscar. I see his face in the Oscar commercials. I don't think he'll win because Joaquin will probably take it, but it's nice to be nominated.

• 1 month later...

This movie was on Starz last night but since my cable company cancelled Starz and Encore I couldn't watch it again. Love this movie.

Leo and Brad should work together more often. Well, my mom lived through the 60's so she explained some stuff to me. She loved this movie so much.

So loved QT's ending more than real life. 

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This movie was on Starz last night but since my cable company cancelled Starz and Encore I couldn't watch it again. Love this movie.

Leo and Brad should work together more often. Well, my mom lived through the 60's so she explained some stuff to me. She loved this movie so much.

So loved QT's ending more than real life. 

Yeah, I watched it on Starz.😊 I have to say I'm a huge Brad fan and he was great in this but I think Leo's performance was just as good, maybe even better. He played the Rick Dalton character perfectly--hilarious most of the time but he also captured his immense insecurities. Iconic performances from both guys, imo.

Edited by lame ass security

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the last hour which I think is the best part of this movie. The action at the end is crazy good.

I watched 3030 on ESPN about Bruce Lee. I never knew he was the stunt man on the movie "The Wrecking Crew" with Dean Martin and Sharon Tate. This the movie Sharon goes to see. I thought that was so cool and maybe why Quentin put Bruce Lee in this movie. Besides playing Kato on the Green Hornet, he was the stunt man for the Dean Martin movie, showing Dean and Sharon some kung fu moves.

I was trying to figure out which one of the 3 hippies got it the worse, but honestly, they all got such horrible deaths! lol

Love the doggie. So cute!

Brad rocked! he so deserved the oscar. Love Leo too. Everytime I watch this movie I hear more and more funny shit from both of them. They make a great team. They should do more movies together in the future.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:51 AM, marlingrl03 said:

Also just watched it on Starz! :thumbsup:

Quite the entertaining movie. Glad I finally got to see it.

Loved the ending the best. I only wish this ending would have been the real ending.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:12 AM, Len Cnut said:

He didn't.  Solitary confinement most of the time, way too famous a criminal to be walking mainline, I think someone tried to set him on fire at one point. 

Definitely someone who had already done murder would have taken him out. That would have been awesome.

Last I heard, after Manson died he son took the body and said the police made up all those stories about Charlie. Talk about denial. Wonder which bitch was his mother?

I'm sure Manson's son won't tell anywhere where he buried his dad. Someone would probably dig him up and set him on fire for sure.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It would make more sense to dig up Jim Morrison and set him on fire.

Oh no, Jim was the coolest guy ever!

Why do you say this?

Manson was just plain evil. I think some people are born this way. If you are abused there is help for you to get. Don't just do the same shit to others that was done to you.