Axl made himself immortal as a frontman

GNRmello77

17 hours ago, Hollyangel said:

I have heard a few singers say that the Guns stuff is much harder to sing than AC/DC.  Dunno if that is true or not.  I also preferred the Bon Scott era, gee that seems like a lifetime ago when I was a teenager!.  I was killing time with a friend in an empty hotel lounge bar waiting for a nightclub to open, when the AC/DC guys and their wives walked in .  They were really nice and friendly.  They must have been on their 1988 summer tour and staying at that hotel.  Ha and I am ashamed to say that I have never seen them in concert despite being an Aussie. lol.  Axl suited them well from what I saw. and he probably knew that when he put his hand up for the gig.  Glad he got to sing with this iconic band! was probably good for him! Angus was the boss lol.

Good on ya, sounds cool. However, if you listen to that Axl's live rendition of Thunderstruck or Back in Black, I mean... that's some crazy level of singing. Not that everything's comparable (actually very few things are, if any), but there's imho no way generally Guns stuff would be "much harder" if you compare it with these songs. Then again, what the hell do we know. I'm just going by the gut (and ears). :)