Axl made himself immortal as a frontman

GNRmello77

So here's the thing, I have been watching Axl/DC performances for the last 90mins and I must say it's from another level. I mean with Guns he is great and all but everything is going through the motions, moves gestures vocals are all prepare. With ACDC you kind of see a new Axl with a new aproach full 100%! We must never forget how he got up there and owned the hell out of those shows!! It's beast mode full throtle Axl we see there, perhaps his best live since 2010!! Yes it has been 2 years, but it's nice to go back and think about how he surprised the world both fans and media with this dedication to rock n' roll and himself! For me it remains one of the most memorabele things he's done in his carreer. When we all get bored with Guns video's we have a plan B ;) 

Feel free to post your favorite performance or stand out moment below! 

Edited by GNRmello77
  • Like 2

Watched some AXL/DC video's earlier today, the only way I'd be satisfied with no GNR music is if we get a Proshot AXL/DC show since that shit is gold. Absolutely amazing performance, and what boggles my mind is that people hate it because it isn't Brian. Brian IMO has very few highlights aside from Back In Black int he AC/DC catalogue and the real gems are in the Bon Scott era. So for me Axl taking over was a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

I was watching some of the Manchester show this morning and thinking how amazing it all was, I feel really lucky to have been there myself. 

Every song Axl sang was a top notch performance by him, but I remember this one especially standing out:

Also, Angus Young’s never ending guitar solo later on was magic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was watching some of the Manchester show this morning and thinking how amazing it all was, I feel really lucky to have been there myself. 

Every song Axl sang was a top notch performance by him, but I remember this one especially standing out:

Also, Angus Young’s never ending guitar solo later on was magic. 

I was really lucky with the show I saw in Fort Lauderdale. Axl and Angus were perfect! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

So I have a question or you all.

Do you not feel a bit mugged off that Axl goes out with AC/DC quite obviously rehearses for the shows and sounds on point.

Yet with Guns N Roses his own fucking band who charge more for there tickets the cunt turns up sounding like a frog that just got kicked in the tally wacker?

I would be right Oliver Twist if I had gone to both shows and say him pull them stunts 

Honestly, yeah a little bit I do feel a bit  pissed off about how I heard him sing for AC/DC and then a year/2 years later not so good for GnR. 

I thought he was okay in London and at Donington but nothing like he was in ACDC. 

In some shows though even WTTJ was sounding ropey, so I do think his voice started to wear down as well. 

Very annoying that he could prepare so well with them but not GnR. I know the eyes of the world were on him so to speak but they were with the GnR reunion as well. 

• Like 1

Heard him in Belgium in 2016 and after 6 times during the NILT. For me Axl with ACDC > Axl with GNR. As simple. Maybe because :

- songs are easier to sing than Gnr song (like Coma if you see what I mean) ;

- Axl was spending less energy with ACDC than the Gnr.

I don't know.

But, there is still haters... Don't know why because it sounds great. I hope they will continue.

Edited by Corben01
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Last couple weeks I was listening to a bunch of Axl DC shows and he really MURDERED at them. At the time I think we didn't know that history was being written, but now I can appreciate it. Listening to ginger Axl going full blast on Shoot to Thrill or Hells Bells just makes me wanna watch it again. Also remember on an interview to Eddie Trunk he commented that after on of the first GNR reunion shows, Axl told Eddie about Axl/DC and he even quoted "imagine singing Shoot to Thrill and all these songs". Obviously he's an AC DC fan and had hell of a joy doing these gigs with uncle Angus.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:00 AM, lost un the jungle said:

At the time I think we didn't know that history was being written, but now I can appreciate it.

Speak for yourself. I knew. ;) That's why, after already having seen them twice, I jumped on a plane to London in a last minute decsision the morning of the gig to go see them a third time and then flew back home the next morning. Didn't even take a jacket with me.

1 hour ago, King_Johnny said:

My reaction at the time was different. I literally couldn't believe what I was witnessing and how awesome it was.

I remember it being confirmed Axl would be in AC/DC. I thought it sounded amazing, but would probably be awful. Then the sound check/rehearsal audio started to leak and I was just completely blown away by how phenomenal Axl sounded.

I couldn't wait for that first show, and we got so lucky with that stream from right near the front. Not sure how that female Axl fan managed to avoid a beating, going on about the 'disgusting' AC/DC fans :lol:. It sounds ridiculous, but that first show actually made me pretty emotional seeing Axl, someone who has rightly or wrongly been on the end of so much criticism down the years, show everyone what an incredible performer he can be.

My dad and I saw Axl/DC and GN'R the same year, almost in the same city too. GN'R in Detroit, 2016. And Axl/DC in at the Palace of Auburn Hills, both Michigan of course on the east side in 2016.

Both were great shows.

I enjoyed the 2011 and 2012 GN'R shows more though. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

That footage of the rehearsal outside the rehearsal space in Atlanta. That was excitement! 

First video of him doing Back in black as well! it really hadn't been sang that way since 1981/82. He absolutely killed it on the AC/DC gigs! would love a selects from those shows!!

It's so disappointing that he got to that level vocally and then dropped right back again, his enthusiasm seemed to come and go with the AC/DC gigs. He was incredible for those runs though. Very few bands I regret not seeing but that is one gig that I'll forever regret not going to... unfortunately I was a broke ass student and flying to London or wherever to see it would have meant starving, looking back I made the wrong decision😩 Glad to say i've seen Axl on great vocal form three times though, so I can't complain 3 out of 5 ain't bad. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have heard a few singers say that the Guns stuff is much harder to sing than AC/DC.  Dunno if that is true or not.  I also preferred the Bon Scott era, gee that seems like a lifetime ago when I was a teenager!.  I was killing time with a friend in an empty hotel lounge bar waiting for a nightclub to open, when the AC/DC guys and their wives walked in .  They were really nice and friendly.  They must have been on their 1988 summer tour and staying at that hotel.  Ha and I am ashamed to say that I have never seen them in concert despite being an Aussie. lol.  Axl suited them well from what I saw. and he probably knew that when he put his hand up for the gig.  Glad he got to sing with this iconic band! was probably good for him! Angus was the boss lol.

17 hours ago, Hollyangel said:

I have heard a few singers say that the Guns stuff is much harder to sing than AC/DC.  Dunno if that is true or not.  I also preferred the Bon Scott era, gee that seems like a lifetime ago when I was a teenager!.  I was killing time with a friend in an empty hotel lounge bar waiting for a nightclub to open, when the AC/DC guys and their wives walked in .  They were really nice and friendly.  They must have been on their 1988 summer tour and staying at that hotel.  Ha and I am ashamed to say that I have never seen them in concert despite being an Aussie. lol.  Axl suited them well from what I saw. and he probably knew that when he put his hand up for the gig.  Glad he got to sing with this iconic band! was probably good for him! Angus was the boss lol.

Good on ya, sounds cool. However, if you listen to that Axl's live rendition of Thunderstruck or Back in Black, I mean... that's some crazy level of singing. Not that everything's comparable (actually very few things are, if any), but there's imho no way generally Guns stuff would be "much harder" if you compare it with these songs. Then again, what the hell do we know. I'm just going by the gut (and ears). :)