CD STARTS NOW

fumardude

I aw that sleeveless one and was just repulsed.  I passed on it, even for as cheap as that is.  I can't believe some trashball out there thought it was a good idea to rip the sleeves off this shirt.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:01 PM, fear the juggalo2 said:

The hard one to get is the reimagined rape scene from 2011 tour

I don't remember that one.  Got any pics?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the CD Starts Now shirt with the raised fist and gas mask on eBay last week. Unfortunately, the seller misrepresented the size - it’s an XL that’s 23” wide (pit to pit) and not 21” as advertised. 

Anyone want it? I am going to put it on eBay but thought I’d check here first.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:01 AM, fear the juggalo2 said:

Honestly if you keep your eyes open. & stay patient. You can get one for cheap. About a yr or so ago i wanted another one because my original is signed by buckethead, so i never wear it. Anyway i found one on ebay for 7 bucks. My friend just picked up a sleeveless one on eBay a few months ago for 12 bucks i think.  You just got to find the seller that doesn't give a shit about it and has a Buy It Now or best offer for cheap.

The hard one to get is the reimagined rape scene from 2011 tour

On 7/3/2019 at 9:13 PM, estrangedtwat said:

I aw that sleeveless one and was just repulsed.  I passed on it, even for as cheap as that is.  I can't believe some trashball out there thought it was a good idea to rip the sleeves off this shirt.

I don't remember that one.  Got any pics?

On 7/3/2019 at 9:51 PM, fear the juggalo2 said:

Lol. I cut the sleeves off all my shirts. I like to be comfortable.  I have no clue how to post pics up.  The chinese dudeacracy shirt is rare too. Most people dont even believe its legit......but it is. Lol

On 7/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

The what?

Do you mean the residency shirt from 2012? The 'Appetite for Democracy' shirt that was given to the Joint/Hard Rock staff?

On 7/23/2019 at 12:13 AM, fear the juggalo2 said:

No. Its a cartoon picture of a naked girl shooting a gun over the fence 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Got any pics? I know there was a couple obscure designs on the 2011 tour but I don't remember that one...

On 7/23/2019 at 3:12 PM, fear the juggalo2 said:

I have no clue how to post pics here. But i do have the shirt

I am pretty sure that this is the shirt being referred to here:

http://troccolitm.com/images/2011Shirt.JPG

http://troccolitm.com/images/2011Shirt2.JPG

Did they even make the infamous 01-01-01 in XXL?   I'm super skeptical of everything these days cause it's easier than ever to fake stuff.   Oh well, at least it doesn't say "Chinese Democracy II" on the back!

$300 is too much.  I'd have bought it for $150 without even blinking, but I really think people are overestimating the value of this shirt, especially in a time when there's almost no way to prove it's even genuine.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 1:55 AM, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah, I snagged the gas mask at the official merch booth in Cleveland, 2002.   By far the coolest design of that tour in my opinion.  If you recall, back then it was mostly that dragon/dog thing, and some Communist looking stars.  I definitely made the right choice!

I saw them for sale online from shirt re-sellers a few years after the show, but I gotta believe the supply has dried up.  I can barely find any pics online to prove it existed!    I've never worn mine, I just keep it as a souvenir from the show.

Old quote but Chinese era artwork ks my favorite. Awesome designs

• Like 1

I looked up the one NYCgunner bought and it's a shame it's faded a bit....so it might have been worn.  But even so, I've never even seen that design for sale on ebay in years, so it's still rare.  If you don't want it, someone will buy it for sure.

I'm lucky cause mine is still brand new and never worn.  Crazy to think that these are pretty much "vintage" t-shirts now.

Damn it....now that $300 01-01-01 is starting to look really good to me....somebody talk some sense into me, quick!!

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

I looked up the one NYCgunner bought and it's a shame it's faded a bit....so it might have been worn.  But even so, I've never even seen that design for sale on ebay in years, so it's still rare.  If you don't want it, someone will buy it for sure.

I'm lucky cause mine is still brand new and never worn.  Crazy to think that these are pretty much "vintage" t-shirts now.

Damn it....now that $300 01-01-01 is starting to look really good to me....somebody talk some sense into me, quick!!

Youve been wanting that shirt for ages. Some people spend well over 300 for lithos. That much for one of the most sought GNR shirts isnt that bad I guess

On 7/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, estrangedtwat said:

I would do it man given you’ve looked for it for so long. The one I bought last year for $150, which was also new and in plastic, is exactly the same as the one on eBay - same shirt tags. I think it’s legit. 

Separately, I am going to sell this 2002 shirt CD starts now Shirt since I only bought it to wear.  Pissed the guy lied to me about the size - first time that has happened to me. Just need to get around to posting it

I've been debating it all weekend but I just have too many nagging doubts.

Seller claims he bought it at the show and stored it since then.  BUT....it's an XXL.   You really think they were selling XXLs at the House of Blues show that night?  I doubt it.  Concert shirts back then were small, large, and extra large.  I can't remember ever seeing an XXL at concerts in the 90s.

The other thing is the tag.  Hanes Heavyweight??  Were genuine shirts sold that night on Hanes shirts?  My 2002 CD shirt certainly isn't.  And the grainy pics I've found of legit shirts from that night are NOT on Hanes shirts.

So those doubts are enough for me to not be willing to spend serious money on this thing.  I'd be willing to gamble $50 or so, but not $300.  Not with so many fakes out there.

Hell, there's fakes from Indonesia that are using almost the same pics....and I KNOW those are shit cause I bought one for $25 and look what it got me!

Usatn86.jpg

I think I'm just gonna have to pass on this one and hope a real one in nice shape shows up someday, and I get it before the others beat me to it.  Just too many red flags on this particular auction.

• 1 month later...

The seller turned out to be the guy that runs one of the longest running GNR sites on the net, and he was definitely at the show, so that was enough to convince me.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the shirt in person yet.  It's at my parents' house in America and I'm in Japan....so this will be a wonderful Christmas indeed cause I'll finally get to see and touch this thing in person!

Looked great on skype though!

Still just baffled that they sold XXLs at that show, and that it was on a Hane's instead of a Gildan, but like I said, I trust the guy.

And let's say worst case scenario, I got scammed out of $200 for a reproduction or fake?  Well at least it's an absolutely gorgeous fake and not the piece of shit I got from Indonesia for $20!

Thanks again for all the replies in this thread....I'm still curious of course, so if anyone has genuine shirts from that night, please share some pics of the tags and stuff so we can all know what's real and what's not, so nobody ends up spending big bucks on a fake!

• 4 months later...