Jump to content

Last song you learned to play on guitar?


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Could also be put off by Axls voice. One coworker of mine loves Better bc of his voice, and the other doesnt like better specifically because of his raspy voice, but likes his falsetto he uses on the "no ome ever told me" part

Hahaha, saw some of this too back when CD came out. But with the Buckethead fans, I guess there's some bad blood about his work on GNR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

- Cant Help Falling In Love, Elvis Presely

- Beautiful Dreamer, Stephen Foster

- Landslide, Buckingham/Nicks (I struggle to hit some of Nicks low notes :lol:)

I heard a recording of a 10 year old boy, standing outside the windows of an elder care home, playing his eukelele and singing Cant Help Falling In Love by Elvis, to keep the olds company during the virus shut down. Inspired I took out my mandolin for the first time in years. Next thing I know, hours have gone by as I play and sing. :) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/03/2020 at 11:24 AM, Voodoochild said:

Michael Jackson & Slash - Give In To Me.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post youtube video here in this section with a non-GNR song, but I recorded this on my channel. 

 

Edit: better not. I was playing guitar in a livestream on IG and as soon as I started SCOM, it kicked me out. This bullshit is really tiresome.

Edited by Voodoochild
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-04-05 at 11:04 AM, Voodoochild said:

I'm not sure if it's ok to post youtube video here in this section with a non-GNR song, but I recorded this on my channel. 

 

Edit: better not. I was playing guitar in a livestream on IG and as soon as I started SCOM, it kicked me out. This bullshit is really tiresome.

Meanwhile every other artist on the planet is embracing people playing their tunes during quarantine. Another reason why Gun$ N' Ro$e$ continues to be pathetic.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Look at Miss Ohio by Gillian Welch 

Its the same chords as every other roots tune, but playing them 'just so' is the pursuit of the folky. If its not too off topic, Id love some input on the vocals actually.

The first notes are just out of range for me. But they are comfortable in half-falsetto if I lower the very first note a full octave lower than her (which is still very high). Im blending out of falsetto into my full voice right off the bat and am in chest voice by the second line "Look at miss Ohio." Her first note is VERY high, so shes kinda going outside the melodic norm and me hitting it an octave lower doesnt stand out all that much to my ears. But I could be diluting myself?

Is that what y'all would do? Or would you change key just to ensure that one note is stellar. I think I hit it well, but maybe its not best practices? I really like my voice in this song - its the top range of my voice with out being beyond me. I think that I get some nice tones and subtleties. 

F / C / G / Am / G /  

F / C / G / x2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, soon said:

Look at Miss Ohio by Gillian Welch 

Its the same chords as every other roots tune, but playing them 'just so' is the pursuit of the folky. If its not too off topic, Id love some input on the vocals actually.

The first notes are just out of range for me. But they are comfortable in half-falsetto if I lower the very first note a full octave lower than her (which is still very high). Im blending out of falsetto into my full voice right off the bat and am in chest voice by the second line "Look at miss Ohio." Her first note is VERY high, so shes kinda going outside the melodic norm and me hitting it an octave lower doesnt stand out all that much to my ears. But I could be diluting myself?

Is that what y'all would do? Or would you change key just to ensure that one note is stellar. I think I hit it well, but maybe its not best practices? I really like my voice in this song - its the top range of my voice with out being beyond me. I think that I get some nice tones and subtleties. 

F / C / G / Am / G /  

F / C / G / x2

 

Just don't do what the Puddle of Mudd dude did and you should be fine.😄

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

No Doubt - Don't Speak (I really like the acoustic solo there, but God this song is an earworm).

Nice one, I learned that solo a long time ago but I still enjoy playing it, it's a fun solo. I like Tom Dumont too, he plays some cool riffs on a couple of No Doubt songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Nice one, I learned that solo a long time ago but I still enjoy playing it, it's a fun solo. I like Tom Dumont too, he plays some cool riffs on a couple of No Doubt songs.

Yeah, the band was top notch. I love Tony Kanal's bass too in songs like New and Excuse Me Mr.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...