Last song you learned to play on guitar?

10 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Man when this used to come in nightclubs...... great tune. 

I love Blur, but I'm also a big Graham Coxon fan as a guitarist. I think he's one of the most original guitarists of the 90's. He has a very distinctive style.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started to recently take lessons and the song I am about to start is the Blind Melon song Change. I'm using Ultimate Guitar for the chords. On the app there is a button to listen to the song (if you want to play along with it). On that song (and others) it plays the official video. Does anyone happen to know how to change which video it plays? I want to use the 1993 live at alternative nation version.

(apparently there is a connection between UG and Russia and some people are abandoning the app bc of that, I'm sticking with it so I'd rather not get into a war/political discussion).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drakestar said:

I've started to recently take lessons and the song I am about to start is the Blind Melon song Change. I'm using Ultimate Guitar for the chords. On the app there is a button to listen to the song (if you want to play along with it). On that song (and others) it plays the official video. Does anyone happen to know how to change which video it plays? I want to use the 1993 live at alternative nation version.

I don't use Ultimate Guitar, but I do use songsterr.com. It's a good place to get (somewhat) accurate tabs and you can select the instrument or guitar part you want to view and to play the audio.

Edited by EvanG

22 hours ago, Drakestar said:

(apparently there is a connection between UG and Russia and some people are abandoning the app bc of that, I'm sticking with it so I'd rather not get into a war/political discussion).

Brilliant song by an awesome band. Fun to play too. That was one of the first songs I think I ever learnt beginning to end, a lifetime ago now, the solo is nice as well and not exactly a massive challenge but rewarding to play and feels great.

Check out their acoustic version of Candy Says on youtube, particularly the performance in a dutch (think it's Dutch) studio. Absolutely fantastic.

• 1 month later...

A few Finnish songs for upcoming busking season (along with my originals) on acoustic.

On electric guitar I've been trying to tackle Iron Man's solos. Been kicking myself for years for not learning to solo, so it's time to correct that mistake. It's tenacious work, but also rewarding and addictive. My long term goal on electric is to learn to play at least half of Paranoid (the album).

It's funny, they are 50 year old songs, I've been listening to them for 20 years and now when I'm learning them on guitar they feel brand new and exciting. Music is weird. Music is great.

• Like 4