Slash picks his favourite songs in his back catalog

vloors

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Axl has said himself that making the guys record his piano songs was like pulling teeth because they didn't wanna have nothing to do with those songs

so why on fucking earth would slash choose a song that he didn't even want to record in the first place among his favourites?

if you can't see that dude, there is no point in having a discussion with you

oh, and thanks for being so classy on your answer

saying that an argument is "juvenile" is a pretty classy and adult way to engage in a discussion

keep it up, it's hysterical fun to join discussions like this!

uhm no. I can't see that, I almost can bet Slash doesn't see that and most posters here don't probably see that, so Amen to that.

You are obviously a fan of a newer age and see things differently.

Where did Slash say he hated piano songs?   Do you know how much Slash contributed to Estranged?

Is Breakdown a piano ballad?  Is Locomotive a piano ballad?  Is Civil War a piano ballad?

Guess what? There is keys in Paradise city.

so talking about hysterical fun...at least try using valid points to make your arguments sound valid.

if you want to continue arguing...

6 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

uhm no. I can't see that, I almost can bet Slash doesn't see that and most posters here don't probably see that, so Amen to that.

You are obviously a fan of a newer age and see things differently.

Where did Slash say he hated piano songs?   Do you know how much Slash contributed to Estranged?

Is Breakdown a piano ballad?  Is Locomotive a piano ballad?  Is Civil War a piano ballad?

Guess what? There is keys in Paradise city.

so talking about hysterical fun...at least try using valid points to make your arguments sound valid.

if you want to continue arguing...

you obviously know better, you are saying that slash's then dislike for piano/soft/sappy songs didn't exist so let's rewrite the history of GN'R because you obviously know better

Edited by ludurigan

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

you obviously know better, you are saying that slash's then dislike for piano/soft/sappy songs didn't exist so let's rewrite the history of GN'R because you obviously know better

In all honestly, I don't believe that either. More of all, he is proud of his work on those Axl ballads. He said that more than ones. And he's written enough ballads himself.

I think it's more a question of quantity and the personal feud against Axl at this time, than against the ballads themselves. Probably he was even fed up with the topic Stephanie Seymour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

uhmmmmm...rewriting history, the only person I see here fabricating something that has never been said and claiming it being true is you LOL...sooooo...

but anyway...if it makes you happy...this has gone way past my original post...

Slash had said some things about the ballads in 1995 (that he wasn't very fond of them in general, that he wouldn't do "Stephanie Seymour ballads" etc), but mostly in a interview with a German magazine in 2000:

There were never any problems really about the stylistic direction of the band, untill Axl started disagreeing with the rest of us at one moment. It clearly became harder for us to be ourselves, as long as we were working together with him. Can you imagine how sick we were, suddenly having to play ballad-sets with songs like "Estranged", "November Rain", or "Don't Cry". Duff was the first of us who didn't feel like doing that anymore and the whole thing became an essential problem for the band, because we, accomplished musicians, needed to be changed just because of 'stylistic self-circumcision'. 

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3274

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Slash had said some things about the ballads in 1995 (that he wasn't very fond of them in general, that he wouldn't do "Stephanie Seymour ballads" etc), but mostly in a interview with a German magazine in 2000:

There were never any problems really about the stylistic direction of the band, untill Axl started disagreeing with the rest of us at one moment. It clearly became harder for us to be ourselves, as long as we were working together with him. Can you imagine how sick we were, suddenly having to play ballad-sets with songs like "Estranged", "November Rain", or "Don't Cry". Duff was the first of us who didn't feel like doing that anymore and the whole thing became an essential problem for the band, because we, accomplished musicians, needed to be changed just because of 'stylistic self-circumcision'. 

see @shotsfired cro you are absolutely correct, i am fabricating stuff, slash loved recording the ballads and you know better!

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

In all honestly, I don't believe that either. More of all, he is proud of his work on those Axl ballads. He said that more than ones. And he's written enough ballads himself.

I think it's more a question of quantity and the personal feud against Axl at this time, than against the ballads themselves. Probably he was even fed up with the topic Stephanie Seymour.

you seriously have never read any of the 1000s of interviews where slash says he always liked the harder stuff and that all those piano songs weren't exactly his cup of tea?

you probably don't know also that slash used to hate sweet child o mine because he used to see that song as a sappy ballad?

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

you seriously have never read any of the 1000s of interviews where slash says he always liked the harder stuff and that all those piano songs weren't exactly his cup of tea?

you probably don't know also that slash used to hate sweet child o mine because he used to see that song as a sappy ballad?

Oh I read them and I formed my opinion from more than one interiew that could have taken a sentence and used it out of context.

Did you read his book?

Did you ever think about somebody's saying something jokingly or overplay something... like "hating" a song he is mainly responsible for?

I don't even care... I expressed my opinion which you don't need to agree with. 

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Oh I read them and I formed my opinion from more than one interiew that could have taken a sentence and used it out of context.

Did you read his book?

Did you ever think about somebody's saying something jokingly or overplay something... like "hating" a song he is mainly responsible for?

I don't even care... I expressed my opinion which you don't need to agree with. 

yeah you are most likely correct, the huge tension about axl wanting to do piano songs and the rest of the band wanting to do rock n roll songs, something that was expressed in countless interviews by everybody involved (and that along with all the other things that axl wanted to do and nobody else wanted to do ultimately broke up the band) is most likely a "sentence used out of context"

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yeah you are most likely correct, the huge tension about axl wanting to do piano songs and the rest of the band wanting to do rock n roll songs, something that was expressed in countless interviews by everybody involved (and that along with all the other things that axl wanted to do and nobody else wanted to do ultimately broke up the band) is most likely a "sentence used out of context"

No it's not. But there's a difference in doing one or two ballads, or doing too much ballads.

You know,  being a rock n roller and prefering hard rock songs over ballads doesn't necessarily mean to dislike all ballads. Even less when your input made those ballads what they are and you expressed yourself being sad for not getting credited for those ballads.

But I think you have never heard of songs like November Rain and Estranged, so you can't know how much blood, sweat and tears Slash put in those songs. Songs he truly hates :awesomeface:

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

No it's not. But there's a difference in doing one or two ballads, or doing too much ballads.

You know,  being a rock n roller and prefering hard rock songs over ballads doesn't necessarily mean to dislike all ballads. Even less when your input made those ballads what they are and you expressed yourself being sad for not getting credited for those ballads.

But I think you have never heard of songs like November Rain and Estranged, so you can't know how much blood, sweat and tears Slash put in those songs. Songs he truly hates :awesomeface:

never said he hates them

On 22/02/2019 at 6:09 PM, ludurigan said:

On 22/02/2019 at 5:03 PM, Blackstar said:

Duff was the first of us who didn't feel like doing that anymore and the whole thing became an essential problem for the band, because we, accomplished musicians, needed to be changed just because of 'stylistic self-circumcision'. 

So funny when you listen the first title of the new solo Album of Duff !!

and write himself so fine

Edited by AxlSlashthebest