retro collecting

action

collecting and hunting for retro games is so much fun! Cartridge based systems stand the test of time. I have a NES, 3 SNES consoles, 2 N64's, a Gameboy, gameboy color, gameboy advance sp, super gameboy... and all of them still work like a dream. They need a bit of love and maintenance from time to time, but the absence of moving parts means they are built like a tank. Sometimes, you need to replace a save battery and stuff. It's all part of the hobby. I love buying "broken" cartridge based consoles "for parts" and being able to revive them with a bit of rubbing alcohol and earpicks.

my latest addition to the collection:

IMG_0367_b4006835-a787-4aec-be6f-df7d926

I'm a big fan of OCEAN licensed games. Even the logo, speaks to the imagination. A blue ocean. They made badass games. On the snes I have lethal weapon, robocop 3 and choplifter III. On the gameboy the above robocop and jurassic park. On the NES, jurassic park, robocop 1 and robocop 3 (very different to the snes version). People usually class these as crappy games, but to this day robocop 3 on the snes is one of my absolute favorite shooters ever. Took me ages to beat that game, and every playthrough is hard as nails. But damn, the thrill of being robocop and shooting away at scum never gets old.

Last OCEAN game I bought new was mission impossible on the N64. Another licensed game with a lot of quirkyness that I anticipated for ages. It's very unique and I still replay it from time to time.

Edited by action
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I had that game as a kid... But I tell you hat game I really loved and if I got around to collecting retro Would be the first in the collection .

Image result for robocop vs terminator

That was a great game 

that game was the stuff of dreams. I never played the game as a kid, but the title alone was enough to provide countless levels of hype. The game was very hard to find, even back then. there was this used game store I used to frequent, and the only time I ever encountered the game was in that store, but it was a cartridge without label, just a sticker with the title written with permanent marker. "robocop versus the terminator"; my two favorite action movies combined in one badass video game.... how could it possible become better than this?

I bought the snes version a couple of years ago. The rare pal version with the great cover (the US only got the oversized plastic box). this is how it looks:

s-l1600.jpg

So I first played this a couple of years ago, and it's a great game, but ultimately it could never match the expectations and vision I made up by myself. Still, I love having it in my collection and it's still a great game in it's own right.

18 minutes ago, action said:

that game was the stuff of dreams. I never played the game as a kid, but the title alone was enough to provide countless levels of hype. The game was very hard to find, even back then. there was this used game store I used to frequent, and the only time I ever encountered the game was in that store, but it was a cartridge without label, just a sticker with the title written with permanent marker. "robocop versus the terminator"; my two favorite action movies combined in one badass video game.... how could it possible become better than this?

I bought the snes version a couple of years ago. The rare pal version with the great cover (the US only got the oversized plastic box). this is how it looks:

s-l1600.jpg

So I first played this a couple of years ago, and it's a great game, but ultimately it could never match the expectations and vision I made up by myself. Still, I love having it in my collection and it's still a great game in it's own right.

The SNES and Genesis versions of Robocop vs Terminator are completely different games. I seem to remember back in the day that the Genesis version got much better reviews. 

Edited by Dazey