The morality of the artist

Gracii Guns

12 minutes ago, Angelica said:

He could deny it and sue her? I don’t know. It’s not like Lana’s word would be enough to charge him with anything. Him being 102 has presumably seriously narrowed the field of other possible suspects though.

His estate could just as easily sue her after the fact, couldn't they?

17 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree with Leonard. Never, ever, wait. Always dob them in ASAP. Her mother sounds like a vicious cunt. It's heartbreaking a mother of all people could do that. What's it all about? This fucking planet.

Look at it from the mothers point of view.  its the 1950s, a pretty puritanical era...and you're gonna take your 16 yr old budding actress girl to take the stand to testify against one of the most famous well recognised beloved actors of the day, how do you think that'd work out?  That would've been the end of it for Nat', she would've been the rape girl forever, no one probably would've fuckin' believed her, then to take the stand, up against prosecutors, peoples whoose job it is to tear to bits the testimony of even seasoned criminals and people who know the system and all that shit...and you're gonna put this little girl up against them?  Think about the nature of the rape too, violent, to the point of hospitalisation, imagine Natalie going over the details of that shit in front of a court.  That shit is harrowing and spirit crushing in any day and age but then way back in the 1950s, where sex wasn't even like talked about, to go through all that shit, its bad enough you have this awful dehumanizing experience and then the very social structure that is supposed to mete out justice requires you to first stand up in public, the eyes of the world on you and justify that shit, prove it, prove that shit happened to you, like you're the fuckin' criminal, going through all the fuckin' details, reliving that shit in minute detail, its probably hard enough to even go back to that place in your head without some prosecutor picking the shit to pieces, making you out stupid or a liar or a whore.

OR...you keep your mouth shut, put a lid on it all and help so the kid gets a fuckin' career and a money and some kind of a fuckin' life to live, of course that shit don't make up for nothing but it seems to me, from a mothers perspective, I could see how they might reach the conclusion that taking on Spartacus ain't the fuckin' best course of action.  I cannot begin to imagine what fighting that shit would've done to Nat, it would've been the end of her. 

23 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree with Leonard. Never, ever, wait. Always dob them in ASAP. Her mother sounds like a vicious cunt. It's heartbreaking a mother of all people could do that. What's it all about? This fucking planet.

Oh I agree completely. If it’s him, there’s no reason to wait. If it’s someone else, Douglas has been dogged by this rumor for over half a century and she could’ve cleared his name. It makes no sense on either front. 

Her mother was by my most accounts a legitimate monster - https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2001/more/reviews/natasha-the-biography-of-natalie-wood-1200469640/amp/

edit - there’s no reason for Natalie’s sister to sit on this. Natalie had plenty of reasons to keep quiet as Len says and her mother most likely set her  up with whoever ended up attacking her. 

Edited by Angelica

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Seriously?!  Fuck.  I never knew that, which one, the blonde bird or the other one?  Dont say the fuckin’ one with the beard! :lol:  Wait, no, says ‘she’.

Who, the Chili Peppers?

Yes. They have the Motley Crue yoo dude totally awesome boneheaded way about them

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. They have the Motley Crue yoo dude totally awesome boneheaded way about them

They do but they're kinda self aware and comical about it.  And more than that the music is what matters and musically they are fuckin' brilliant, Frusicante is a G (massive Hendrix fan too btw), Flea is again, a prodigy with that bass.  And they are earnest about their obssession with funk music, I don't mind boneheaded-ness and stupidity, music should be fun too as well as many other things. 

Brilliant band though, to me, especially those early albums.  Funk meets Punk.  i love their airy fairy effette hippie ramblings too.  i love the overblown silliness of it, it makes more sense if you're into George Clinton or Parliament or Sly Stone, it makes more sense with that context.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

They do but they're kinda self aware and comical about it.  And more than that the music is what matters and musically they are fuckin' brilliant, Frusicante is a G (massive Hendrix fan too btw), Flea is again, a prodigy with that bass.  And they are earnest about their obssession with funk music, I don't mind boneheaded-ness and stupidity, music should be fun too as well as many other things. 

Brilliant band though, to me, especially those early albums.  Funk meets Punk.  i love their airy fairy effette hippie ramblings too.  i love the overblown silliness of it, it makes more sense if you're into George Clinton or Parliament or Sly Stone, it makes more sense with that context.

I never liked them, but I had a friend who did. ''Give it away give it away give it away now''. I thought it was all a bunch of cobblers. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I never liked them, but I had a friend who did. ''Give it away give it away give it away now''. I thought it was all a bunch of cobblers. 

Come to that, how do you feel about Funk, don't think I've ever heard you mention it, aside from obviously James Brown, arguably the principle architect of it.

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Come to that, how do you feel about Funk, don't think I've ever heard you mention it, aside from obviously James Brown, arguably the principle architect of it.

You have answered your own question. I love James Brown and the JBs. 

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Funnily enough, I prefer their later records but I am not a fan of funk, really. But yeah, Frusicante is amazing. Just so beautiful and simple solos. And great on backing vocals (Otherworld is a good example).

Edited by SoulMonster

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Nope to almost all of this.

200.gif.3ea80cf2efeb32d62717200627e5e9e2.gif

This is the woman who as assaulted in the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleo_Rocos

She was not a no-name actress meant to play a role here.  Nor was she "in" on the joke.  If you can watch that video and think she enjoyed it or was apart of the shtick, good lord, I don't know what to tell you.

Why should we let any decade be?  That's nonsense.  Should we excuse other bad behaviour because they were simply a sign of the times?  

I didn't watch it closley.  f I was mistaken, I apolgize. 

19 hours ago, Angelica said:

It’s also worth noting Kiedis, Smith and Balzary had all been convicted of sexual battery a few  months before this was filmed.

Labelling anyone a SJW because they find *something* offensive is as dumb and reductive as any knee jerk reaction you’ll get from the biggest pearl clutching purity patrolman on twitter. There is no context in which that video isn’t fucked. 

I went back and edited my post, after rewatching the video, if it wasn't an intentional "skit" then yes, that was pretty bad. :(

• Like 1

Regardings the Peppers video, yes it's disgusting and thanks God nobody would get away with that nowadays but I don't think it would be fair to attack (or "cancel") them for that since it was like hundreds years ago and they have definitely changed musically and personally. That shit from the video fits perfectly with their 80's image of hyperactive-sex obsessed dumbasses but they have changed and matured a lot since then. You can tell the difference of a song like Party on Your Pussy with one like Snow. I remember in a 2014 Argentina show when at one point Flea told the wild audience to stop touching women inappropriately and keep their hand in their pockets. That's pretty telling.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why didn't any of the blokes knock the wanker out?

And why are the Peppers always in the buff? Every time you see them they have, what they'd say where I live, nee clays on. 

Why was Iggy Pop?  Mysteries for the ages.

Watching Frusciante before his drug days is like a totally different person... which I guess is normal, he was a teenager back then and the second time he joined the band he was going on 30 and having been through hell, but it's still interesting to see how much he changed. 

22 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Watching Frusciante before his drug days is like a totally different person... which I guess is normal, he was a teenager back then and the second time he joined the band he was going on 30 and having been through hell, but it's still interesting to see how much he changed. 

Seemed sort of the same to me, very flighty and obssessed with the creative process.  Just fucked off his tits at the same time :lol:

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Why was Iggy Pop?  Mysteries for the ages.

In all fairness, both Iggy and Kiedis looked fucking amazing that way 🤣 Especially Kiedis who I had a raging crush on until he cut his hair.

10 minutes ago, Angelica said:

In all fairness, both Iggy and Kiedis looked fucking amazing that way 🤣 Especially Kiedis who I had a raging crush on until he cut his hair.

I always took Keidis to be something of an Iggy Pop rip off.  Which isn't an insult, if you're gonna rip someone off it might as well be the king.  Keidises hair looked cool even when he had the mohawk and the Scar Tissue video hair. 

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Seemed sort of the same to me, very flighty and obssessed with the creative process.  Just fucked off his tits at the same time :lol:

For the longest time when he was in the band in those early days he didn't do much drugs because he was so dedicated to being a great guitarist and musician. But when you look at him in interviews or footage you posted, he comes off really extroverted and crazy. A lot people think he quit the band because of drugs, but he didn't become a junkie until he quit the band. Second time he joined the band he seemed more introverted and almost philosophical even.

Edited by EvanG

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I always took Keidis to be something of an Iggy Pop rip off.  Which isn't an insult, if you're gonna rip someone off it might as well be the king.  Keidises hair looked cool even when he had the mohawk and the Scar Tissue video hair. 

I agree totally but I, er, came of age during his era and he was considerably prettier.

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

For the longest time when he was in the band in those early days he didn't do much drugs because he was so decidated to being a great guitarist and musician. But when you look at him in interviews or footage you posted, he comes off really extroverted and crazy. A lot people think he quit the band because of drugs, but he didn't become a junkie until he quit the band. Second time he joined the band he seemed more introverted and almost philosophical even.

Its pretty obvious why he quit the band, he joined this band that were like the hot fuckin' alternative underground whatever and they blew up when he joined and it weren't really what he wanted...or weren't what he thought he wanted.  I think what he really wanted was to be in a position where he was free to make his own music.

12 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I agree totally but I, er, came of age during his era and he was considerably prettier.

Little did you know you would've probably been in with a shot if you'd've ever met him :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its pretty obvious why he quit the band, he joined this band that were like the hot fuckin' alternative underground whatever and they blew up when he joined and it weren't really what he wanted...or weren't what he thought he wanted.  I think what he really wanted was to be in a position where he was free to make his own music.

Little did you know you would've probably been in with a shot if you'd've ever met him :lol:

Oh for sure, when I was in junior high 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1