What is your quintessential Guns N' Roses song?

Good question, tough to answer.

For me, there isn't just one.  GNR is a two sided coin, with Jungle on one side and November Rain or Estranged on another.  

Then again, maybe a song like Locomotive does a good job of including both sides.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Good question, tough to answer.

For me, there isn't just one.  GNR is a two sided coin, with Jungle on one side and November Rain or Estranged on another.  

Then again, maybe a song like Locomotive does a good job of including both sides.  

this... but I say Civil War as conjunction

For me, it's like asking a mother which of her children she loves the most. Some of their songs affected me in so many different ways, it's neither compareable nor chooseabel for me !     

If i try to stay objective, as good as i  can, i will also go with WTTJ, PC and Estranged,... hm SCOM maybe too:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What song, for you, embraces everything that Guns N' Roses is?

Difficult question... There are a couple. Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin On Heavens Door (live)... Estranged and Nightrain deserve mentions too. 

Ultimately, for me, it's KOHD live at the Freddie Mercury tribute. In 1997 when I was 13 the Dutch television station TMF (the Dutch MTV) was doing the Top 90 of the 90's. I saw KOHD live at the Freddie Mercury on that and became a fan of rock music then and there. 

My dad deserves a LOT of credit for introducing me that countless amazing bands as a small kid. And he did something very right because I came back to nearly all of them eventually (which he loves to rub in). But that GnR performance was what kickstarted all of it. 

Edited by username