Duff's solo album Tenderness: OUT NOW

"'Chip Away' is somewhat of a rail against cable news and divisive agendas… all for the almighty dollar," says McKagan. "The song also highlights the fact that history repeats itself over and over, and that we will all get past this, together."

"Chip Away" follows the recent release of lead track "Tenderness" and both songs are available as instant downloads when pre-ordering "Tenderness" ahead of its May 31 release.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-to-release-tenderness-album-in-may-listen-to-chip-away-song/?fbclid=IwAR3ieZfJ4JYrvmHZDRo-EWc6Vyss4B9bZUFfrcHvdhwfjLW2aPzlohvdeE4

I think it sounds awesome! A bit more upbeat than the last one, so some of you might be more inclined towards this.

• Like 3

I like it better than the last one. I hear a definite Stones vibe going on there.  I would have to hear a few more decent tunes before I bought it.. I just saw he is doing a local show and I will most likely pass.  There was a day that I wouldn't miss any Slash and Duff appearance within a few hours from me and would buy everything these released.. That just isn't the case anymore. I kind of see them in a different light the way the whole "reunion" went down.  This song isn't bad though. Tenderness was so bad that I almost didn't even click on this one hahah. Glad I did. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hear a definite Stones vibe going on there.

Definitely! More specifically, a Beggars Banquet vibe! Something about it reminded me of Jig Saw Puzzle. 

I like it! 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Cool song. I liked Tenderness and I like this one. These songs aren't blowing my mind or anything, but I've always like Duff's solo stuff and his voice, so I guess I'm a bit biased. But yeah, I'm digging these, so fuck it.

It's cool that these songs differ from the Loaded stuff. It especially validates the "solo" moniker. And it's cool to hear this side of Duff, this Stones-y type of vibe. I'd like to think, or I'm hoping, that these songs work better when you hear the whole album from start to finish.

Edited by jekylhyde

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I like it better than the last one. I hear a definite Stones vibe going on there.  I would have to hear a few more decent tunes before I bought it.. I just saw he is doing a local show and I will most likely pass.  There was a day that I wouldn't miss any Slash and Duff appearance within a few hours from me and would buy everything these released.. That just isn't the case anymore. I kind of see them in a different light the way the whole "reunion" went down.  This song isn't bad though. Tenderness was so bad that I almost didn't even click on this one hahah. Glad I did. 

Personally it doesnt take me much to realise that hes doing this to pass the time until gnr reconvene for something when slash finishes touring. I get that he probably wants to record and do stuff and doesnt want to sit still, but the solo stuff just sounds mediocre. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Personally it doesnt take me much to realise that hes doing this to pass the time until gnr reconvene for something when slash finishes touring. I get that he probably wants to record and do stuff and doesnt want to sit still, but the solo stuff just sounds mediocre. 

It could be worse... it could be as bad as SMKC material. :lol:

I'm sorry, I'll be dead honest: it sucks. It really, really, really sucks.

The instrumental is generic, feels like you've heard this a million times. And Duff isn't fit for singing, he doesn't have it in him. He's good as a back singer, but he's no frontman/singer.

I saw Loaded a while ago, I can't remember which artist they opened, but I remember being bored during the whole performance. 

Duff shines when he's on the bass, with Guns. That's his place, he has a massive presence on stage. But when he sings, it's like all of his charisma vanish. He is a lot better as a silent person.

It's a bit like Ryan Gosling in Drive. The scenes that work the best is when he is silent. That's when you feel the danger. He is a silent warrior. When he speaks, it doesn't quite work. I view Duff like this, he is a silent warrior.

They should all let go of their solo projects which I give 0 fuck about and work on Guns.

• Like 2

VERY much like Jigsaw Puzzle. It seems so out of character for Duff. Probably my own fault for expecting him to only write punky ones, cause this isn't half that bad. Sounds decent live, too. 

But it's gonna be forgotten soon, just like the previous one