Duff's solo album Tenderness: OUT NOW

18 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Mine got here today

The more I have listened to it the more I like it. Although, it just seems like it is missing something. It is like a liberal want to sound country record lol. Oh well, I like music, and if I don’t, I don’t listen. This is the record he wanted to make and I respect that. I like some, and don’t love others. Not a great record, but not terrible is my review😂

I got the boxset as well, it's well done...pretty psyched for the show tomorrow 

If anyone in Seattle is thinking about going to his show, this is a cool deal: https://www.mlb.com/mariners/tickets/specials/duff-mckagan?fbclid=IwAR304tPwGe95vnnkfZrPMq-X5IJeddYpv6W8yzJrbyQl0aaGkznAgBmSztQ

Join the Mariners on Monday, June 17 to celebrate the release of Duff McKagan's new album Tenderness. Choose between the following two packages:

VIP Package (limited quantity available) ($77)

• Mariners Game Ticket
  • Tenderness CD
  • Live Concert Ticket (June 16 at Showbox)
  • Photo Opportunity with Duff McKagan
  • Limited Edition Mariners-Duff McKagan T-Shirt

General Package ($42)

• Mariners Game Ticket
  • Tenderness CD
  • Limited Edition Mariners-Duff McKagan T-Shirt

Deadline to purchase: Monday, June 17 - Noon

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 12:02 AM, Mateoson said:

I tried to listen you guys but I just can't do it. It is really bad. What is left of the GnR cool factor took a hit from this garbage if you ask me. :facepalm:

Why are you judging the coolness factor of a sanitized corporate behemoth anyway? Lol.

Besides, i don't think solo projects should have any impact on GNR as a band and brand. Of course, they will by the very fact that Duff is a member of the band, but they should be considered separate.

• Like 1

It's nice. Love the conjunction of guitar and (Hammond-like) organ.

Feel - Now picture haw-haw effect after say 2nd verse, and then it merges into Slash solo that swells and overtakes. Add Axl backing vocals (or maybe even main), and slight tweak in lyrics and you got yourself radio hit for the summer. Rest assured.

2nd # (Chip Away), found this on youtube:

Cool.

• Thanks 1

Made it through the album. Chip Away and Look Behind you are the only songs I like. I feel bad because Duff seems like a nice guy but the rest was pretty terrible.  More than half the songs seemed like they had identical vocal melodies during the verses if you want to call them that.  I am not a fan of Country and the whole thing had a Country flavor to it.  You can tell he is trying to get deep with the lyrics and they are just bad too. I can't see myself ever listening to it again.

Again, I feel bad because Duff seems really proud of it and he should be. He made the album he wanted to make so good for him.  Just not for me.

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Made it through the album. Chip Away and Look Behind you are the only songs I like. I feel bad because Duff seems like a nice guy but the rest was pretty terrible.  More than half the songs seemed like they had identical vocal melodies during the verses if you want to call them that.  I am not a fan of Country and the whole thing had a Country flavor to it.  You can tell he is trying to get deep with the lyrics and they are just bad too. I can't see myself ever listening to it again.

Again, I feel bad because Duff seems really proud of it and he should be. He made the album he wanted to make so good for him.  Just not for me.

In a site of Seattle news have Duff interview about Duff album, and the journalist talk that is a countrysh album. Duff says that he not is very familiar with country style, except with Johnny Cash.

17 minutes ago, Ratam said:

In a site of Seattle news have Duff interview about Duff album, and the journalist talk that is a countrysh album. Duff says that he not is very familiar with country style, except with Johnny Cash.

The band he used for the album is Shooter Jennings band and they are a Country band. That is why it sounds like that. Shooter Jennings father was a very famous Country artist as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

The band he used for the album is Shooter Jennings band and they are a Country band. That is why it sounds like that. Shooter Jennings father was a very famous Country artist as well. 

Yes, i read it too in this interview.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

Wow! lucky man! I didn't receive anything with my ticket.. :'(

I think you should have. I got an email a few days before the CD came out with voucher codes and a link to register the codes. Maybe check your spam? This is what the subject looked like. 

image.png.0fca2bc795161df9c75cbf56700389ce.png