Duff's solo album Tenderness: OUT NOW

10 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

thanks.. I checked it but..  nothing! :wacko:

maybe for  the italian show it worked differently ..

I'll buy it, never mind.. 

I don't think they do this in Europe. Fingers crossed, maybe we'll get it at the show :shrugs:

• Like 1

I'm kinda ashamed to post this, since there are many of you that just disliked the record very much, but here it goes... I think it's the best album by a GNR member in a long time. 

First of all, I'm ahuge fan of Neil Young, so it makes total sense that I'd have enjoyed a Country kinda record. Some songs are weak indeed, but overall it is a very well produced album, and the tones (very well choosen) really catched my attention the whole time. I couldn't help but wonder how it would be if there were Axl's vocals or Slash's parts on some of this songs, and also, how I would like Guns to have more "mellow" songs like It's Not Too Late or Wasted Heart. 

I'd be VERY happy if a new album went to that kind of vibe.

Just my 2 cents. 

:smiley-confused2:

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I'm kinda ashamed to post this, since there are many of you that just disliked the record very much, but here it goes... I think it's the best album by a GNR member in a long time. 

First of all, I'm ahuge fan of Neil Young, so it makes total sense that I'd have enjoyed a Country kinda record. Some songs are weak indeed, but overall it is a very well produced album, and the tones (very well choosen) really catched my attention the whole time. I couldn't help but wonder how it would be if there were Axl's vocals or Slash's parts on some of this songs, and also, how I would like Guns to have more "mellow" songs like It's Not Too Late or Wasted Heart. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I really like Chip Away and the new version of Wasted Heart. 

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Just my 2 cents. 

Don't ever be ashamed of your own opinion on something as subjective as music. I, too, think it's one of the better records by a GNR member. But I also loved Duff's last Loaded release.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Lio said:

I went to see Duff in Brussels last night. As I always do a little review, I thought I'd do one here, because poor Duff doesn't have a show thread of his own :(

At first the show was announced as being seated+standing, it's like a flex venue. Then they can adjust the venue to tickets sold, which was a good thing. They closed off the seated area, so it was only standing, a 900 people venue. We were front row and there was only a few dozen people like half an hour before the support act started. This is no GNR or even Slash, of course, so people just come when it's about to start and take the time to drink something in the foyer before. It was nice to be able to just walk in as doors opened and get to the front row for once. By the time it started, it was by no means packed, but it seemed alright.

I didn't know any Scooter songs, but it was a good show. I've seen worse openers. The musicians seemed great and having fun too. Then Duff started and it was great straight away, with You Ain't The First. I think Breaking Rocks is the song I like the least on his album, so I could've done without that. Then it was time for Tenderness, but first he asked us to be quiet. (There were some guys behind us shouting the whole show, which was a bit annoying.) He talked about a woman named Marcy who should've been there, but she was very sick and would actually die today, and she'd asked to have Tenderness dedicated to her, so Duff chose to dedicate the whole show to her. He was clearly very emotional.

You can see he really wants to get across his message he has with the album. He introduced Last September too, addressing the noisy guys behind us telling them to look out for the women and girls around them and he said 'sisters, I got your back' or something. Even if some doubt his actions in the past, I do like musicians standing up for important stuff like that. So yeah.

It was funny how the noisy guys kept yelling at him and said: 'Duff, you are amazing' and Duff replying 'I don't know what that means' because of their thick French accents :lol:

He also thanked the audience a few times for giving Tenderness a chance and talked about Wasted Heart being written for Susan, and how they celebrated their 20th anniversary last week.

In Parkland, he adapted the lyrics to mention Walmart too. It's a bit sad that he can basically asjust the lyrics every few weeks.

They did You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory for the first time too, so that was cool. He also does a little tribute tune to the city where he's at. So he sung about Brussels waffles and moules et frites.

Dust N' Bones and Dead Horse were a blast, and I liked Clampdown too, it was fun to have some rockier songs in the set too.

All in all, I had a great time, I think Duff is a great, good guy who gave us a great show. It's always amazing to see anyone from GNR in a tiny venue, where you can basically touch them. I will for sure go and watch Axl, Slash and Duff any time they come anywhere near me. It's always been a treat.

Great review! Look as if i'm was there 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I went to see Duff in Brussels last night. As I always do a little review, I thought I'd do one here, because poor Duff doesn't have a show thread of his own :(

At first the show was announced as being seated+standing, it's like a flex venue. Then they can adjust the venue to tickets sold, which was a good thing. They closed off the seated area, so it was only standing, a 900 people venue. We were front row and there was only a few dozen people like half an hour before the support act started. This is no GNR or even Slash, of course, so people just come when it's about to start and take the time to drink something in the foyer before. It was nice to be able to just walk in as doors opened and get to the front row for once. By the time it started, it was by no means packed, but it seemed alright.

I didn't know any Scooter songs, but it was a good show. I've seen worse openers. The musicians seemed great and having fun too. Then Duff started and it was great straight away, with You Ain't The First. I think Breaking Rocks is the song I like the least on his album, so I could've done without that. Then it was time for Tenderness, but first he asked us to be quiet. (There were some guys behind us shouting the whole show, which was a bit annoying.) He talked about a woman named Marcy who should've been there, but she was very sick and would actually die today, and she'd asked to have Tenderness dedicated to her, so Duff chose to dedicate the whole show to her. He was clearly very emotional.

You can see he really wants to get across his message he has with the album. He introduced Last September too, addressing the noisy guys behind us telling them to look out for the women and girls around them and he said 'sisters, I got your back' or something. Even if some doubt his actions in the past, I do like musicians standing up for important stuff like that. So yeah.

It was funny how the noisy guys kept yelling at him and said: 'Duff, you are amazing' and Duff replying 'I don't know what that means' because of their thick French accents :lol:

He also thanked the audience a few times for giving Tenderness a chance and talked about Wasted Heart being written for Susan, and how they celebrated their 20th anniversary last week.

In Parkland, he adapted the lyrics to mention Walmart too. It's a bit sad that he can basically asjust the lyrics every few weeks.

They did You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory for the first time too, so that was cool. He also does a little tribute tune to the city where he's at. So he sung about Brussels waffles and moules et frites.

Dust N' Bones and Dead Horse were a blast, and I liked Clampdown too, it was fun to have some rockier songs in the set too.

All in all, I had a great time, I think Duff is a great, good guy who gave us a great show. It's always amazing to see anyone from GNR in a tiny venue, where you can basically touch them. I will for sure go and watch Axl, Slash and Duff any time they come anywhere near me. It's always been a treat.

Great review! I decided to go to Brussels after the short festival show near Amsterdam, glad I did! It was a great show! But indeed, the grunting guy in the audience during the whole show was very annoying...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lio said:

Last time I saw Duff in Manchester was with Walking Papers at a venue called The Ruby Lounge in Manchester seven years ago. I met him for the second time that evening. The venue is no longer there.

I wasn't able to see Guns in London a couple of years ago.

I saw Duff last Sunday at Academy three. I haven't been there for a few years. 

I can't hack it at the front anymore so I stood behind the mixing desk. It's a good job Duff's tall.

I enjoyed Shooter Jennings. He was rockier than I was expecting.

Duff was taking steroids for his throat.

Hearing You Ain't The First, Dead Horse and especially Dust N' Bones was terrific. I never thought I'd hear those songs live.

I enjoyed the covers he played too. Mad Season, The Clash and Mark Lanegan.

My feet still ache but I had a great time.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004
  • Like 1

Hey y'all, this is my first post here, been lurkin' for many, many years. Not the forum type.

I was at the tour opener in Warsaw and I have to say it was probably the best live experience I've had in my life, and I've seen a lot of legends. First of all the merch was so f***ing expensive I didn't get anything. I wanted to get Shooter's CD, but they only sold signed copies for 8x what I usually pay for CD's, so screw that. Signed stuff was stupid expensive too.

The audience was amazing in a way, but also sucked. Aggressive, pushy, loud people and ladies in their 50's screaming so loud through the whole concert that I unfortunately have tinnitus now, because they wouldn't stop screaming in my ear. Sadly, going to a concert in my country is never a great idea, the audience is straight up bad. The first electric GNR song comes on, and everyone starts smashing the people in front to the point of not being able to catch a breath, because screw people who waited in line for 10 hours to be in front of the stage, they're more important. I experienced the same thing during the GNR concert in Gdansk. If Axl hadn't stopped the show, I truly believe I would've been crushed to death.

The concert was LOUD. Sound was good and clear, though.

Shooter's band was a lot of fun and very professional. Their set was full of cool little moments and their guitar player is fantastic. I really liked the fiddle player too, though she had a lot of issues with the sound that day.

When Duff appeared the audience went wild. Sadly, most of the audience were people who wanted to "see a member of GNR" and not experience Duff's new album and what he has to say. A lot of closed-minded people who complained, too.

The electric songs were a lot of fun. He came into the audience and I got to shake his hand, though a few seconds after that I thought my life was going to be over again because of a tall, fat, smelly, ugly guy who decided he has the right to body-slam and crush everyone because he can't reach Duff from the 10th row. Like a bull, except made of human waste.

Duff also smiled at me and it meant the world to me! Because I was in front of the stage, 2nd row straight in front of him and I smiled so hard my face hurt the entire show. Duff noticed and smiled back!

The set was... well the same as every other one he did. Clampdown was a lot of fun. The band is amazing. I hope he tours with them more.

My favorite moment was probably the cover of River of Deceit. Brought a tear to my eye. Duff talked to the audience a lot and said some jokes, including a Chuck Norris one.

Everyone was disappointed that there were no encores. I mean, Duff surely knows enough songs to play something solo with just an acoustic if the band didn't rehearse anything else. I absolutely loved the band, but well, we know who the star of the show was.

All in all it was awesome. I was sad that I couldn't stay after the show to meet him, because apparently he did come out and meet the fans some time after the show. Very intimate show and the venue was great.

I hope his solo career continues during GNR off-time. Especially with this band.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Everyone was disappointed that there were no encores. I mean, Duff surely knows enough songs to play something solo with just an acoustic if the band didn't rehearse anything else. I absolutely loved the band, but well, we know who the star of the show was.

He warned us about no encores. He said he would just play every note he could play on the guitar and sing each song he could sing and that was it :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the show so much too, just a pity about the annoying audience. It was certainly worth it for me, always a treat to see any of the GNR guys, especially in a small venue. I read a review yesterday (could only find one), and they said there was only 250 people there :o I thought it was more, but I suck at guessing.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, bassplayer1993 said:

Hey y'all, this is my first post here, been lurkin' for many, many years. Not the forum type.

I was at the tour opener in Warsaw and I have to say it was probably the best live experience I've had in my life, and I've seen a lot of legends. First of all the merch was so f***ing expensive I didn't get anything. I wanted to get Shooter's CD, but they only sold signed copies for 8x what I usually pay for CD's, so screw that. Signed stuff was stupid expensive too.

The audience was amazing in a way, but also sucked. Aggressive, pushy, loud people and ladies in their 50's screaming so loud through the whole concert that I unfortunately have tinnitus now, because they wouldn't stop screaming in my ear. Sadly, going to a concert in my country is never a great idea, the audience is straight up bad. The first electric GNR song comes on, and everyone starts smashing the people in front to the point of not being able to catch a breath, because screw people who waited in line for 10 hours to be in front of the stage, they're more important. I experienced the same thing during the GNR concert in Gdansk. If Axl hadn't stopped the show, I truly believe I would've been crushed to death.

The concert was LOUD. Sound was good and clear, though.

Shooter's band was a lot of fun and very professional. Their set was full of cool little moments and their guitar player is fantastic. I really liked the fiddle player too, though she had a lot of issues with the sound that day.

When Duff appeared the audience went wild. Sadly, most of the audience were people who wanted to "see a member of GNR" and not experience Duff's new album and what he has to say. A lot of closed-minded people who complained, too.

The electric songs were a lot of fun. He came into the audience and I got to shake his hand, though a few seconds after that I thought my life was going to be over again because of a tall, fat, smelly, ugly guy who decided he has the right to body-slam and crush everyone because he can't reach Duff from the 10th row. Like a bull, except made of human waste.

Duff also smiled at me and it meant the world to me! Because I was in front of the stage, 2nd row straight in front of him and I smiled so hard my face hurt the entire show. Duff noticed and smiled back!

The set was... well the same as every other one he did. Clampdown was a lot of fun. The band is amazing. I hope he tours with them more.

My favorite moment was probably the cover of River of Deceit. Brought a tear to my eye. Duff talked to the audience a lot and said some jokes, including a Chuck Norris one.

All in all it was awesome. I was sad that I couldn't stay after the show to meet him, because apparently he did come out and meet the fans some time after the show. Very intimate show and the venue was great.

I hope his solo career continues during GNR off-time. Especially with this band.

That's a shame - the Manchester show had a great crowd. Very respectful of the music, no chatting and none of the shit you mention. I was worried it would be as you say, so was very pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.