A quick question

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You do know this is a band that got their start on the Sunset Strip basically?  I mean you've heard the lyrics right, you've seen the album covers, you know this ain't Donnie and Marie?  You can't on the one hand want the rough rugged and raw, hardcore, sleazy dirty rock n roll and then moan when its sleazy and dirty.  Its like going to a punk gig in the 70s and then being put out by pogoing and weirdoes and gobbing. 

I've never been a big one for strippers and strip clubs and all that kinda shit, it always seemed to me to be the preserve of clammy handed inadequate little men myself but I wouldn't say its exactly out of place at a Guns n Roses show, in fact its probably a fitting place for it. 

I never liked the strippers. It was different back in the day, because that was their world, as others and you have mentioned, plus they were young themselves. They're in their 50s now. They'd be nothing more but dirty old men having girls who could be their daughters on stage.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

I never liked the strippers. It was different back in the day, because that was their world, as others and you have mentioned, plus they were young themselves. They're in their 50s now. They'd be nothing more but dirty old men having girls who could be their daughters on stage.

I suppose you have a point.

Personally, I don't mind the strippers. The age issue...if they were dancing around them, then maybe... It does suit the song, though. Hell, I didn't even mind much when KISS did it back in the 90s, and that was soooo tacky. But in the current PC era of feminists shouting 'women are objectified' around every corner, I don't think it would fly very well, even if the band was younger. 

I get the whole sunset strip thing but this is long in the past. 
Those are not trash strippers from the Sunset Strip stripping on a gig from a band that is actually living that scene, those are high profile models being paid to emulate that on a overpriced gig of a band of millionaires. Thats what makes everything so cringey. 
I'm far from being a SJW but I rather not see this on a GNR gig today. I dont mind it, I just think it doesnt fit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why don't they get male dancers?

A big portion of the GN'R audiences are females so they should think of that too :lol:

Probably because they don't have a song called "Rocket King" 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Isn't GnR kinda tacky anyway?  I mean its not exactly high class shit, is it?  I remember when the big reunion kicked off and they had some kind of...I dunno what the fuck it was, some kinda opening night of something or other and they had like, the bird pissing in the urinal or whatever. 

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

281hkao.jpg.0e3b483a7680e894c4162fb40636

And she was such a pleasant girl once upon a time; obtained good marks at school; dutiful to her parents; kind to her grandma.

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

Let's get Beta on stage :P

Let's not. If she shakes it, she breaks it.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yes! And ideally some of the male dancers would wear ass-less chaps :lol:

Axl would have flashbacks.

Spoiler

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chippendale dancers assless chaps

Do you think this guy would be available?

Or maybe Fermanager would like to extend his job description.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

281hkao.jpg.0e3b483a7680e894c4162fb40636

And she was such a pleasant girl once upon a time; obtained good marks at school; dutiful to her parents; kind to her grandma.

This is quite the contradiction...... WHO DID THIS?

Is that Marilyn Monroe in the middle, surrounded by stripper girls and a trans-woman taking a piss? :question:

Except for the strippers, the other two do not belong in the Guns N' Roses world, not even when they acted like wild animals in the 80's.....

6 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Axl would have flashbacks.

Hide contents

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chippendale dancers assless chaps

Do you think this guy would be available? 

Hahahahaha! Im lol'ing! :lol: 

One can only hope he's available!

All Cops Are Bastards (A.C.A.B) wishes it had that swagger and pizazz! :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember one of the leaked pro shots from the illusion era they had some girl up dancing provocatively and duff goes and pulls her shirt up. I always found the scene unbelievably sleazy

6 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Maybe skeleton strippers would be more appropriate?

They had the skeletons having sex animation during Rocket Queen on the 2016 US run, not sure if they continued that on the next leg.

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Did they just do this at the April shows? I remember it in Vegas, but don't recall it in Detroit or any of the shows after.

Yeah just the April ones. It fit with the whole Vegas thing but after that it's not needed imo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is quite the contradiction...... WHO DID THIS?

Is that Marilyn Monroe in the middle, surrounded by stripper girls and a trans-woman taking a piss? :question:

Except for the strippers, the other two do not belong in the Guns N' Roses world, not even when they acted like wild animals in the 80's.....

You are asking the wrong person here.

But regarding this general topic, Guns returned to the strippers n' nostalgia stuff with the Ashba era. Even the t-shirts reverted to type, from arty Chinese stuff, to garish skeletons and skulls, and it was around that time they began playing Vegas and released that horrible dvd. And yes, the strippers returned. 

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They had the skeletons having sex animation during Rocket Queen on the 2016 US run, not sure if they continued that on the next leg.

Yeah just the April ones. It fit with the whole Vegas thing but after that it's not needed imo.

Lecherous is the word. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are asking the wrong person here.

But regarding this general topic, Guns returned to the strippers n' nostalgia stuff with the Ashba era. Even the t-shirts reverted to type, from arty Chinese stuff, to garish skeletons and skulls, and it was around that time they began playing Vegas and released that horrible dvd. And yes, the strippers returned. 

• Haha 1