What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

Steven Alder will never be as awesome as Josh Freese or Brain on drums.

Axl looked cool as hell with Charles Manson merch in 1993 than in 1992 wearing tights.

Atlas was underwhelming

Steven Alder's side project is cringey cock rock garbage

One In A Million is a gem in GNR history (way better than Estranged)

TB doesn't deserve any of the hate

Edited by DarkLotus1111

8 hours ago, ezosk said:

What parts do you think are specifically about him?

its more about the song being an equal 20% representation among the 5 band members and adler holding his own, the intro and groove is all him then izzy, duff slash axl all complimenting each other perfectly 

the 3/4 of the song gives the listener the absolute height of their chemsitry and especially adlers groove can't be replicated its like john bonhams intro on good times bad times 

this is one of the only gnr songs that i've never gotten bored of (along with think about you )its like fine wine and adlers the only one with the chops on it from any gnr incarnation 

izzy's solo in think about you is the best solo in gnr's catalogue, would easily go to slash for nightrain at the end but they faded it out which could have been extended by like 3 minutes 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I like that the band moved away from the Appetite sound/image. The best way to get me to lose interest in a band is to put out the same record, especially if every record is about drugs, alcohol, and partying.

GN'R didn't do that with Appetite but I swear to God, every band that plays in the GN'R style tries to portray this hardcore image and they end up coming across as try-hards. Yes, it's fun to get really drunk but when every other song is about whiskey and women, it's boring as shit. 

I am with you, however I just wish the next evolution of image following Appetite didn't include hot pants :lol:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Steven Alder will never be as awesome as Josh Freese or Brain on drums.

Axl looked cool as hell with Charles Manson merch in 1993 than in 1992 wearing tights.

Atlas was underwhelming

Steven Alder's side project is cringey cock rock garbage

One In A Million is a gem in GNR history (way better than Estranged)

TB doesn't deserve any of the hate

That's not Adler's side project, it's his main one.

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I assume you're not a fan of old school country music. Every song is about one of the two, whiskey or women--or both.  Example,  "Whiskey If You Were a Woman"😄

Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down ... There's A Tear In My Beer. It's the better era of country. 

I'm so glad GNR made it out of the appetite era alive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

3- Bumblefoot was the best guitarist hired by Axl duri g his solo tour - Ron is the best imo 

4-The Scream in Jungle and Live and let Die was prerecorded during the NITL tour and lip synced by Axl 

LOL, Axl has never done a solo tour. Also, accusing him of lip syncing isn't really an opinion thing. 

7 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

3- Bumblefoot was the best guitarist hired by Axl duri g his solo tour - Ron is the best imo 

4-The Scream in Jungle and Live and let Die was prerecorded during the NITL tour and lip synced by Axl 

3 - I agree, and I've always thought this. 

4 - Nonsense.

On 13/01/2020 at 10:40 PM, TMAC20 said:

Totally agree with one of those statements and completely disagree with the other!

Tho I thought the Live and Let Die screams may have been " helped" around 2012?? 

17 minutes ago, k12 said:

I really couldn't care less about any new music and I am afraid more new songs is just going to dilute the concerts in the future as they are going to play a few less older songs to add in the newer

It'd be super sweet if new songs diluted the goddamn covers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It'd be super sweet if new songs diluted the goddamn covers. 

Covers like Wichita lineman, black hole sun, the Seeker maybe even KOHD yes dilute away, but I am guessing it is not the covers that are going to get replaced 

41 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Spaghetti Incident should get more attention live IMO. I'm not talking about adding more covers to their sets, but rather switch out some NITL covers with songs like Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun and Human Being.

Edit: Human Being might not fit Axl's voice too well these days, but the other two should be very OK. Maybe even bring in Duff on the chorus of Ain't It Fun, idk..

100%

Down on the Farm is one of Axl's best vocal performances. Tremendous. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl Rose is too self conscious about his weight/appearance to do normal band things like music videos and photoshoots and this could possibly be the biggest obstacle in Axl releasing new music. 

When did Axl last do a magazine interview / photo shoot?!

I don't remember seeing Axl in anything from around the time of Chinese Democracy. I didn't start buying music magazines until around 2004.

Edited by jackparker123
Update

8 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

When did Axl last do a magazine interview / photo shoot?!

I don't remember seeing Axl in anything from around the time of Chinese Democracy. I didn't start buying music magazines until around 2004.

Last magazine photoshoot/interview he did was in 2006 IIRC for an Italian magazine.

Image result for axl rose italian vogue

Edited by Dean
  • GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl Rose is too self conscious about his weight/appearance to do normal band things like music videos and photoshoots and this could possibly be the biggest obstacle in Axl releasing new music. 

It's a shame. But I can't really blame him for it. He was a beautiful man - at least to those that find the more androgynous men attractive - and he very much knew this. When people tell you that you're good looking enough times, it's very hard not to become affected by it:

"Axl became vain, worrying about dyeing his eyebrows and eyelashes and going on prescription drugs to for his hair and skin. He had his teeth fixed. He went on all-sushi diets" - Colleen Combs to Spin, 1999.

Seeing your looks fade like that must be a real bummer. It happens to everyone, but for some it hits harder.

It's easy for me to say, but he should man the fuck up.