Was McCartney replaced?

Ghostie

Truthfully I probably exhausted The Beatles I listened to them that much from the age of about twelve until late in my twenties, so I rarely play them now but there is no denying their legacy and greatness. They're the single great popular cultural movement after Elvis. The Stones, Floyd, Kinks, Who, Byrds all ripped them off to varying degrees. Elvis and Sinatra covered ''Something'' for crying out loud! 

I think only Dylan managed to successfully stay outside their orbit. Even Hendrix who didn't do the Englishy thing and had his own thing grounded in the blues learnt a lot from them in terms of production techniques. Brian Wilson, who was every bit Lennon-McCartney's equal, got caught in a friendly and imitative rivalry with McCartney. They are the key component of the 1960s.

The '60s basically revolved around The Beatles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Truthfully I probably exhausted The Beatles I listened to them that much from the age of about twelve until late in my twenties, so I rarely play them now

Same here.  But when I got back I tend to go back to the early stuff

On 3/25/2019 at 12:31 AM, Ghostie said:

Not sure how I stumbled into this rabbit hole, but there are some intriguing aspects, and red herrings aplenty. 

It's more likely that Axl was relplaced which would explain why it took 14 years to make an album (learn the part) and the fact that he looks more like Mick Hucknall these days

• Haha 1