Perla selling Slash memorabilia

janrichmond

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

:lol: Another ex selling off stuff.

What's she selling? A coffin, sex chair and her wedding outfit? :smiley-confused2:

Love letters :o

Why the fuck Slash never took that stuff i'll never understand.

I also noticed it says "a portion" of the proceeds will go to charity, not how much/little though. It's not like she's hurting for money FFS 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Love letters :o

Why the fuck Slash never took that stuff i'll never understand.

I also noticed it says "a portion" of the proceeds will go to charity, not how much/little though. It's not like she's hurting for money FFS 

I wondered why Meegan was posting things about tacky people on Instagram and then she deleted it all - now I know why :lol:

She has plenty of items there that should sell well, there really doesn’t seem to be any call for selling love letters too, that just comes across as a very bitter move. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

I chuckled at that 'portion' too.

I didn't read that about the love letters. Well, Erin did that too of course, a few years back, and lots of other super personal things that wouldn't be worth anything if they weren't from a rock star. I remember huge arguments on here because some think that's an okay thing to do. I don't care who you are or how the relationship went, but I will never find that okay. It's a despicable thing to do. and very immoral to me.

Like you said, she won't be starving. So there's no excuse for it imo. And having kids too. It's wrong in so many ways :(

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wondered why Meegan was posting things about tacky people on Instagram and then she deleted it all - now I know why :lol:

She has plenty of items there that should sell well, there really doesn’t seem to be any call for selling love letters too, that just comes across as a very bitter move. 

I don't care that she's selling his stuff, her choice, but the letters are wrong on every level. 

If she feels the need to get of his stuff then give ALL the proceeds to charity. Greedy and spiteful IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

I don't care that she's selling his stuff, her choice, but the letters are wrong on every level. 

If she feels the need to get of his stuff then give ALL the proceeds to charity. Greedy and spiteful IMO

It seems to me that getting rid of any of the stuff is greedy and spiteful. To me, it just comes across as another way to get back at Slash, keeping in mind her earlier words and actions.

I wonder what the next step will be. A tell all book?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

It seems to me that getting rid of any of the stuff is greedy and spiteful. To me, it just comes across as another way to get back at Slash, keeping in mind her earlier words and actions.

I wonder what the next step will be. A tell all book?

I really hope not, for the sake of the kids. She hasn't done any interviews yet which makes me wonder if she has an NDA on her OR she's saving it all for a book:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I really hope not, for the sake of the kids. She hasn't done any interviews yet which makes me wonder if she has an NDA on her OR she's saving it all for a book:facepalm:

Maybe she does have an NDA. I wouldn't count on her discretion or decency not to tell all :lol:

• Like 1

LOL why not? :sleeper:

It's their relationship, not ours... so why get so upset at what they do? :shrugs:

All these people live their lives in the public eye. And that's how they choose to live their breakups as well.

Love letters have gone public since ancient times.... you can find a love letter from almost any famous or renown person. Same with personal items and other stuff. I guess auctions are a business and they exist because there is demand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I chuckled at that 'portion' too.

I didn't read that about the love letters. Well, Erin did that too of course, a few years back, and lots of other super personal things that wouldn't be worth anything if they weren't from a rock star. I remember huge arguments on here because some think that's an okay thing to do. I don't care who you are or how the relationship went, but I will never find that okay. It's a despicable thing to do. and very immoral to me.

Like you said, she won't be starving. So there's no excuse for it imo. And having kids too. It's wrong in so many ways :(

If perla has no reason to keep the letters then maybe burn them.....surely she could at least post one on instagram for our viewing eyes.

Edited by Sydney Fan

To me he never came off as a guy who would write love letters. Axl...sure, but Slash? Anyway, if he didn't bother getting them back, especially after the auction of Axl's stuff, he must really not mind it being sold, I guess. Still, just cause you're a public figure doesn't mean your intimate articles should be up for public consumption. It's a low move - something I could expect from her. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Slash's iconic black hats expected to fetch big bucks at auction

Raechal Shewfelt
Yahoo CelebrityApril 4, 2019, 8:20 PM GMT
Slash performs wearing one of his signature hats on Oct. 20, 2012, in Paris. (Photo: David Wolff - Patrick/Redferns via Getty Images)
Slash performs wearing one of his signature hats on Oct. 20, 2012, in Paris. (Photo: David Wolff - Patrick/Redferns via Getty Images)

Slash just wouldn’t be Slash without his iconic black hats.

Now several of the toppers, along with many other items that once belonged to the famed Guns N’ Roses guitarist, are going up for sale. All of it is from the collection of Slash (real name: Saul Hudson) and Perla Hudson, who was married to the rocker from 2001 to 2014. (They share two teenage sons, London and Cash.)

The items will be exhibited for the public at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City’s Times Square from May 13 to 17. Those who want to make a bid can do so either in person or through the Julien’s Auctions website on May 17-18.

The hats that Slash has worn while jamming onstage to “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “November Rain” and more hits from his collaboration with Axl Rose and company are expected to go for hundreds of dollars each.

Slash drew on this top hat with a silver marker pen. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

It’s estimated that a felt top hat, featuring drawings by Slash himself, will sell for $600.

A custom bowler hat that Slash wore in 2010 will likely go for $1,200, according to pre-auction estimates.

This bowler hat is estimated at $1,200. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

Slash has such a thing for hats that his bride even wore a tiny hat as part of her veil at the couple’s 2001 wedding, and it’s also on the block.

The veil Perla wore when marrying Slash is up for auction, estimated to sell for $600. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)
The veil Perla wore when marrying Slash is up for auction, estimated to sell for $600. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

Hats aren’t the only Slash apparel available: pants, boots and leather jackets are part of the auction, too.

This trio of Slash's pants shows off Slash's rock 'n' roll style. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)
This trio of Slash's pants shows off Slash's rock 'n' roll style. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

One of Slash's leather jackets is expected to sell for a cool $3,000. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)
One of Slash's leather jackets is expected to sell for a cool $3,000. (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

Any takers for these ostrich and leather boots? (Photo: Julien's Auctions)

Slash’s other belongings in the sale include the Moonman that he took home from the 1988 MTV Video Music Awards for his Best New Artist in a Video performance in the Guns N’ Roses hit “Welcome to the Jungle.” It’s expected to bring in up to $15,000 — more than almost all of the other merchandise.

(Photo: Julien's Auctions)

Whatever the final count of the proceeds, a portion will go toward Youth Emerging Stronger, a charity supporting homeless and foster youth in Los Angeles, Calif.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

About the letters, seem a bit resentment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Slash's iconic black hats expected to fetch big bucks at auction

Raechal Shewfelt
Yahoo CelebrityApril 4, 2019, 8:20 PM GMT

Slash just wouldn’t be Slash without his iconic black hats.

Now several of the toppers, along with many other items that once belonged to the famed Guns N’ Roses guitarist, are going up for sale. All of it is from the collection of Slash (real name: Saul Hudson) and Perla Hudson, who was married to the rocker from 2001 to 2014. (They share two teenage sons, London and Cash.)

The items will be exhibited for the public at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City’s Times Square from May 13 to 17. Those who want to make a bid can do so either in person or through the Julien’s Auctions website on May 17-18.

The hats that Slash has worn while jamming onstage to “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “November Rain” and more hits from his collaboration with Axl Rose and company are expected to go for hundreds of dollars each.

It’s estimated that a felt top hat, featuring drawings by Slash himself, will sell for $600.

A custom bowler hat that Slash wore in 2010 will likely go for $1,200, according to pre-auction estimates.

Slash has such a thing for hats that his bride even wore a tiny hat as part of her veil at the couple’s 2001 wedding, and it’s also on the block.

Hats aren’t the only Slash apparel available: pants, boots and leather jackets are part of the auction, too.

Slash’s other belongings in the sale include the Moonman that he took home from the 1988 MTV Video Music Awards for his Best New Artist in a Video performance in the Guns N’ Roses hit “Welcome to the Jungle.” It’s expected to bring in up to $15,000 — more than almost all of the other merchandise.

Whatever the final count of the proceeds, a portion will go toward Youth Emerging Stronger, a charity supporting homeless and foster youth in Los Angeles, Calif.

The boots look's very worn out.

Who gives a flying shit, if people are dumb enough to buy em then why not?  And y'know, we of all people should not be so fucking judgemental.  I mean look at it this way, alright, whats wrong about this?  That its their love letters, their relationship, this personal private thing that belongs only to them thats supposed to have some sort of unique connection to them?  Well what does that say about the sorts of fans that populate forums such as this one that wouldn't fuckin' bat a fuckin' eyelid at the oppertunity to read one of those fuckers?  And I'm not better, shit, I'm a Kurt Cobain fan that went out and bought his fuckin' diaries when they were published.  There's even something on the front cover in biro that says something along the lines of don't read my fuckin' diary :lol:  (i think it was something more like 'if you read this you will judge', similar ballpark).  Reading a dead mans diary who possibly died due to acute depression and the inability to handle the intrusion of fame, there's class for ya.  Yeah, you could say Courtneys fucked up for selling em but she has more of a claim to that shit than me the rubberneckin' fan.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Who gives a flying shit, if people are dumb enough to buy em then why not?  And y'know, we of all people should not be so fucking judgemental.  I mean look at it this way, alright, whats wrong about this?  That its their love letters, their relationship, this personal private thing that belongs only to them thats supposed to have some sort of unique connection to them?  Well what does that say about the sorts of fans that populate forums such as this one that wouldn't fuckin' bat a fuckin' eyelid at the oppertunity to read one of those fuckers?  And I'm not better, shit, I'm a Kurt Cobain fan that went out and bought his fuckin' diaries when they were published

Exactly :lol:

Here people discuss relationships of their idols on a daily basis. Everybody judge on Perla, Erin, Stephanie, Susan, Meeghan, etc.... fans never refuse to read the gossip and even follow them on their social media, but all of a sudden a love letter is an evil thing? :question: 

Or is it because they are selling this stuff? Because last time I checked, all the news and gossip we consume about this band is also being sold to us and we pay for it without blinking, lol.

13 hours ago, vikute91 said:

To me he never came off as a guy who would write love letters. Axl...sure, but Slash? 

That was my thought. He strikes me more as a saucy limerick kinda guy. :lol:

Perhaps he has hidden depths we don't know about. Axl should buy the letters and turn them into a classic Guns ballad saving the situation from being a tawdry cash grab. :P

• Haha 1