Terminator - Dark Fate

13 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:
  Hide contents

This is the only review of the movie you'll need to see!

Agree 100%.  I just can’t believe that James Cameron approved the script, let alone Linda Hamilton agreeing to star in it... arnie on the other hand would star as the t-800 to sell diapers if he could.  

58 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Agree 100%.  I just can’t believe that James Cameron approved the script, let alone Linda Hamilton agreeing to star in it... arnie on the other hand would star as the t-800 to sell diapers if he could.  

Spoiler

That said, the one part of the review I disagree with is the part of the story of Arnold's T-800 becoming a normal guy with a family. I actually think that is an interesting wrinkle and is actually a new thread you can unwind on screen.

9 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:
  Hide contents

This is the only review of the movie you'll need to see!

that was actually more fun than the movie itself

as for the movie, just woke trash. usually I don't care, but this one hurts. the first two movies are some of my favorite movies ever, and they had to soak this in woke sauce. I guess, by this point, I have nothing to look forward to anymore. if even jim cameron can't make a decent movie anymore, i guess that's it.

the thing about John being killed in the beginning leaked awhile back. However, a few weeks before the film’s release, there was a rumor going around that you find out at the end of the movie that he survived the attack and was living in hiding in present day. Reading that rumor made me really excited. Sadly, that turned out to be a lie. With that being said, however, I’ve been reading more about the movie now, and the idea of John dying and this new girl being his spiritual successor is starting to grow on me a lot! So I’ll still give this movie a chance. Hopefully I can see it soon. [\spoiler]

9 hours ago, action said:

that was actually more fun than the movie itself

as for the movie, just woke trash. usually I don't care, but this one hurts. the first two movies are some of my favorite movies ever, and they had to soak this in woke sauce. I guess, by this point, I have nothing to look forward to anymore. if even jim cameron can't make a decent movie anymore, i guess that's it.

I'm not really sure what's so woke about it. At least not any more than T2, Aliens etc.

• Like 1

I've seen the first one, a stone cold classic, the second, also stellar.  Remember seeing the third one but not really being very impressed and just losing interest after that.  Cut to today where my interest has been awoken by the fact I been going to the cinema a lot more lately and seeing the trailer of this latest one, which led me to checking out one called Terminator Genysis a couple of nights ago, weren't all that but watchable.  So since it was a slow Wednesday and McLeod up there gave me a brainwave about 2 for 1 cinema tickets through those fuckin' annoying meerkats I'm gonna go see the new one tonight.  After a quick google I've discovered that there's another one in the pack, Terminator Salvation. 

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've seen the first one, a stone cold classic, the second, also stellar.  Remember seeing the third one but not really being very impressed and just losing interest after that.  Cut to today where my interest has been awoken by the fact I been going to the cinema a lot more lately and seeing the trailer of this latest one, which led me to checking out one called Terminator Genysis a couple of nights ago, weren't all that but watchable.  So since it was a slow Wednesday and McLeod up there gave me a brainwave about 2 for 1 cinema tickets through those fuckin' annoying meerkats I'm gonna go see the new one tonight.  After a quick google I've discovered that there's another one in the pack, Terminator Salvation. 

Salvation is the worst out of all of them imo. I recommend skipping that one.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'm not really sure what's so woke about it. At least not any more than T2, Aliens etc.

to put in in another way, I can't see how they could possibly make this movie "more" woke than it already is.

it's litterally soaked in steaming woke sauce

21 minutes ago, action said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this movie, even if it contained more women, it's just that the way all these women are portrayed has the sole intention to communicate a woke message

Let me see if I can get what you're getting at. I've said in earlier in this thread, but in Terminator and Terminator 2 Sarah Connor's real strength comes from her motherly instinct and going into Mama-Rambo mode when someone tries to harm her son. I would argue those movies were pushing a traditionalist and pro-family message. From what I've heard of the new movie, motherhood and family isn't an issue with any of these woman. It's not the next generation that matters, it's you, only you matter.

7 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Let me see if I can get what you're getting at. I've said in earlier in this thread, but in Terminator and Terminator 2 Sarah Connor's real strength comes from her motherly instinct and going into Mama-Rambo mode when someone tries to harm her son. I would argue those movies were pushing a traditionalist and pro-family message. From what I've heard of the new movie, motherhood and family isn't an issue with any of these woman. It's not the next generation that matters, it's you, only you matter.

sarah connor is one of my favorite characters in the series, easily on par with john and the T-800.

the problem with this movie, is not "strong" female characters, but the story that is heavily influenced by "feminist" movements, resulting in forcing female protagonists to the front, with no apparant reason other than to communicate "men are bad, women are good".

god is this movie cringeworthy

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, action said:

the problem with this movie, is not "strong" female characters, but the story that is heavily influenced by "feminist" movements, resulting in forcing female protagonists to the front, with no apparant reason other than to communicate "men are bad, women are good".

That's just a load of bollocks. It wasn't the best movie in  the world but in no scene did I get the impression it was just saying that "men are bad". Where did you get that from? 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its either the cinema or a wednesday sitting at home doing fuck all.

I really hope you chose the cinema and didn't bother with the footy. :lol: 

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

That's just a load of bollocks. It wasn't the best movie in  the world but in no scene did I get the impression it was just saying that "men are bad". Where did you get that from? 

Spoiler

every male protagonist in this movie has the role of the bad guy. the balance is completely shifted to "women power"

arnie killing john in the first 5 minutes, then you've got the other terminator. No good guys in this movie.

Edited by action

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Genishit was utterly unwatchable.

The best thing you can do, Len, is stick to 1 and 2 and simply not see the rest. 

I heard if you only watch 1 and 2 your good since this new one is suppose to follow events from 2.

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

I really hope you chose the cinema and didn't bother with the footy. :lol: 

You know I clean forgot there was even a game on :lol: 

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I heard if you only watch 1 and 2 your good since this new one is suppose to follow events from 2.

Yes but you'll ruin the end of T2 with some shit scenario where Arnie is still alive and John Conner gets bumped off. Best end the saga with Arnie going into the lava and the future changed so Skynet can never exist. The perfect ending.