Terminator - Dark Fate

2 minutes ago, action said:

I think many people were in denial about just how bad "last jedi" really was, resulting in good attendance for that one.

But then it was lesson learned, and solo flopped hard.

I think it's time for some people to accept the death of some of these franchises: star wars, and now terminator.

all thanks to stupid woke politics.

Terminator is dead. But I think Star Wars might be too big to kill off. Last Jedi was clearly a disappointment for the studio, but it still made enough to wet their beaks. I think some of the spinoffs got killed off, but we'll probably continue to see the main Star Wars titles for years to come.

20 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The Force Awakens was a soft reboot of A New Hope, how were the numbers for Last Jedi? Down 700 million from that, ouch! 

Yeah, to a minuscule $1.3 billion. How will Disney manage to put food on the table? Only $1.3 billion? That’s one step away from sucking tramps off for crack! :lol: 

Just now, soon said:

*When you get so mad about "SJW" Star Wars that you tank Solo, a movie that celebrates a straight, white, cis-male, working class, action hero, ace pilot, super star* :facepalm::lol:

I was wondering how long it would be before somebody pointed that out. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, soon said:

*When you get so mad about "SJW" Star Wars that you tank Solo, a movie that celebrates a straight, white, cis-male, working class, action hero, ace pilot, super star* :facepalm::lol:

who is getting mad? 

The only one on here one could remotely call pissed off, would be you when you told me to "stop whining" (did you use your best arnie impression when you wrote that?). Other than that? I see only civil discussion around here. Even @Dazey manages to counter my views with more or less good argumentation.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept not everyone loves SJW trash? They put woke politics in these movies, it backfired, it flopped. I think that's pretty obvious. The big question is: why knowingly spend so much money, millions in fact, in projects that are failed from the start? Or why not try harder, if they HAVE to put woke politics in there. Why not make these women "earn" their respect within the story, in stead of "forcing" respect. I had mountains of respect for sarah connor, because she fucking earned it in the story. that's not the case in "dark fate".

Edited by action

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, to a minuscule $1.3 billion. How will Disney manage to put food on the table? Only $1.3 billion? That’s one step away from sucking tramps off for crack! :lol: 

It was 700 million lower than the previous film, how is that not mentionable?!

At the end of the day it's a Star Wars movie, it's literally too big to fail and as long as the Star Wars label is on it it will make money, no matter how shitty it is.

4 minutes ago, action said:

who is getting mad? 

The only one on here one could remotely call pissed off, would be you when you told me to "stop whining" (did you use your best arnie impression when you wrote that?). Other than that? I see only civil discussion around here. Even @Dazey manages to counter my views with more or less good argumentation.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept not everyone loves SJW trash? They put woke politics in these movies, it backfired, it flopped. I think that's pretty obvious. The big question is: why knowingly spend so much money, millions in fact, in projects that are failed from the start? Or why not try harder, if they HAVE to put woke politics in there. Why not make these women "earn" their respect within the story, in stead of "forcing" respect. I had mountains of respect for sarah connor, because she fucking earned it in the story. that's not the case in "dark fate".

Just know that when they call someone fragile or mad, they're usually projecting their own feelings onto the opposition.

the irony here, is that terminator 1, not being a woke infused vehicle at all, did more for the acceptance of women in action movies, than dark fate. If anything, dark fate makes women less acceptable in action movies, than terminator 1. In dark fate, women take the place of the heros without an apparent reason. How is that supposed to demand respect from the viewer?

terminator 1 made me respect sarah, without even trying, without even intending so.

if I was a feminist, I would be utterly mad at the deformity that dark fate is. If I was a feminist, I would show people terminator 1 in stead lol.

When you make a woke movie and you fail at being woke :facepalm: 

12 minutes ago, action said:

the irony here, is that terminator 1, not being a woke infused vehicle at all, did more for the acceptance of women in action movies, than dark fate. If anything, dark fate makes women less acceptable in action movies, than terminator 1. In dark fate, women take the place of the heros without an apparent reason. How is that supposed to demand respect from the viewer?

terminator 1 made me respect sarah, without even trying, without even intending so.

if I was a feminist, I would be utterly mad at the deformity that dark fate is. If I was a feminist, I would show people terminator 1 in stead lol.

When you make a woke movie and you fail at being woke :facepalm: 

Personally I just went to see it and enjoyed it as a big dumb action movie. I think people read rather too much in to the politics of it. At the end of the day the Kyle Reese/Good Terminator character happened to be female and not male. I don’t see why that’s such a big deal. :shrugs: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Personally I just went to see it and enjoyed it as a big dumb action movie. I think people read rather too much in to the politics of it. At the end of the day the Kyle Reese/Good Terminator character happened to be female and not male. I don’t see why that’s such a big deal. :shrugs: 

Spoiler

And the main figure of the whole series, John Conner, literally the whole reason for Terminator's time traveling, killed in the first few minutes isn't significant?! Replacing him with a Mexican female just seems so hamfisted to fit a political narrative. The reason for Sarah's strength, her motherhood, taken away in the first 5 minutes of the film. Yes it's bad writing to shit on your main characters, and the cherry on top is to do it with a political narrative being forced.

32 minutes ago, Dazey said:

the movie flopped and it possibly means the end of the franchise.

I'm not that cynical yet, that I wouldn't think that's a big deal. And for me, the reason is crystal clear.

but of course, more power to you if you enjoyed it. As for me, it feels like a part of me died. it's like when elvis or freddie died or something. It's the same here. No more badass terminator movie with sarah and john. thats a thing of the past. I feel absolutely gutted. 

On 2019-11-03 at 2:05 PM, action said:

I think there was always room for a sequel, they have all just done a terrible job on it.

seeing how you can't stop technical evolution, even the destruction of skynet wouldn't prevent a total nuclear war, possible with advanced AI robots.

another company could arise, using their own technical discoveries, and making evil terminators themselves.

they too, can sent terminators back in space.

it's as simple as that, but they had to screw up anyway. Gotta get those woke points, cringeworthy cast / story notwithstanding

I take it you didn't see the movie?  That's essentially the plot of Dark Fate.  

13 hours ago, action said:

it really is badly written, that much is true. A badly written SJW vehicle.

terminator_-_screengrab_-_h_2018.jpg

Man alive you're triggered about this stuff, aren't you?

There was literally zero references to the main characters gender throughout the movie.  The only play on gender relates to the less than surprising twist as to who the actual saviour ends up being.

But other than that, the three main characters not played by Arnold could have been male and it wouldn't have changed the storyline or dialogue one bit (save for the Sara Connor back story, obviously).  

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, action said:

Why is it so hard for some people to accept not everyone loves SJW trash?

Because it's a bullshit argument.  You label stuff you don't like SJW or, conversely, movies are trash solely because it's not the same old trope of a white guy playing the hero. Any attempt to exclude a white man as the leading character in an established franchised is immediately met with triggered and sensitive white males who feel their youth is being co-opted.  You make the same argument in literally every movie thread where a white male isn't the main character and decry efforts to expand who gets to play the hero.  It's getting really old.  

• Like 1

In any event, just got back from finally seeing the film.

Probably my favourite Terminator movie since T2.  Not a great movie by any stretch, but still enjoyable.  I personally would have preferred a few less scenes from the future. The two sort of twists were unfortunately well-telegraphed ahead of time which made their payoffs a little less exciting or impactful.

But overall it was fun to see what happened after the events of T2 from the perspective or input of James Cameron.  The action sequences were fantastic and I loved how the movie took very little time getting to it.  He may be well past his prime but Arnold does a great job with the limited screen time.  

10 hours ago, action said:

As for me, it feels like a part of me died

It's a movie franchise about killer robots from the future.  How is this that important to you?  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, action said:

Why is it so hard for some people to accept not everyone loves SJW trash? 

40 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because it's a bullshit argument.   

it's not an argument, it's a preference. A preference, many people share. Also, you can't really "argue" about preferences. What more do you want me to say about that? I don't like SJW propaganda, and that's basically the end of it. However I do respect people who enjoy the movie, see my conversation with Dazey. I also respect your opinion of the movie. Like I said to Dazey; more power to you. But not everyone likes the movie. In fact the reaction to the movie is overwhelmingly negative, and many point to the SJW elements. 

41 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's a movie franchise about killer robots from the future.  How is this that important to you?  

because it is a movie franchise about killer robots from the future. One of the most important movies I ever watched.

Again, preferences. Hard to explain, hard to argue.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Man alive you're triggered about this stuff, aren't you?

There was literally zero references to the main characters gender throughout the movie.  The only play on gender relates to the less than surprising twist as to who the actual saviour ends up being.

But other than that, the three main characters not played by Arnold could have been male and it wouldn't have changed the storyline or dialogue one bit (save for the Sara Connor back story, obviously).  

59 minutes ago, downzy said:

Any attempt to exclude a white man as the leading character in an established franchised is immediately met with triggered and sensitive white males who feel their youth is being co-opted.  You make the same argument in literally every movie thread where a white male isn't the main character and decry efforts to expand who gets to play the hero.  It's getting really old.  

Where did you get the idea that I'm triggered each time a female takes the lead? 

terminator 1 is one of my favorite movies ever, and that featured a female lead. I thought I made that  clear?

You will also be interested to learn, that tomb raider is also one of my favorite video game series and I would be pissed of if they made the next one a male lead.

How am I triggered then, "each time" a female takes the lead?

(female) gender, as such, does not worry me one bit. It's the forced nature that I find issue with, which makes me dislike DF so much. 

Edited by action

31 minutes ago, action said:

it's not an argument, it's a preference. A preference, many people share. Also, you can't really "argue" about preferences. What more do you want me to say about that? I don't like SJW propaganda, and that's basically the end of it. However I do respect people who enjoy the movie, see my conversation with Dazey. I also respect your opinion of the movie. Like I said to Dazey; more power to you. But not everyone likes the movie. In fact the reaction to the movie is overwhelmingly negative, and many point to the SJW elements. 

It's currently polling 70% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and 84% from audiences. I wouldn't say that's an overwhelmingly negative response from those who have actually watched it. :shrugs: 

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It's currently polling 70% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and 84% from audiences. I wouldn't say that's an overwhelmingly negative response from those who have actually watched it. :shrugs: 

those numbers can't possibly be representative, seeing how the movie flopped. So something else is going on here.

If you went to see the movie, you probably didn't mind the SJW elements which were apparent well before release, which explains the good reviews. Like I said, it's ok if you liked the movie, no problem.

But seeing how the movie flopped, many people did "not" go to see the movie, and naturally they won't post reviews on rotten tomatoes either. You can't "review" something properly if you haven't seen it. Also, why should someone bother to post a review on RT, of a movie they haven't seen?

I think this explains those numbers. "Reality" is different. Talk to people, watch reactions from real people on youtube, whatever. Fact still remains, the movie flopped so that has to be a big clue as to reception of this movie.

But even then I don't want to refer to general reception of the movie too much, make no mistake. "I" don't like the movie, that's all I can say about that. My opinion wouldn't hold more value if many others have the same opinion as me, I'm not that bigoted. Every opinon has equal value.

Edited by action

it really isn't about wether the movie is "good" or "bad".  Something can be good, but still disliked. I can see how the movie can be considered good, but I still dislike it.

Like or dislike, is rarely determined by how "good" something is. Many "good" movies flopped for strange reasons. My reason is: poor casting, SJW message.

We can argue till tomorrow how you like the movie, I don't but at the end of the day, you can't really objectively pinpoint the cause for preference or dislike. So many classic paintings are horrible to watch, but they're still good. Why is it horrible to watch then? that's a very difficult question to answer, and however you view it it's your opinion and that can not be challenged.

the important thing to remember here, is to respect other people's preference  without calling them bullshit for example.

I'll never be calling someone's preference 'bullshit' because I can see why different people have different likes / dislikes. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by action

5 hours ago, downzy said:

In any event, just got back from finally seeing the film.

Probably my favourite Terminator movie since T2.  Not a great movie by any stretch, but still enjoyable.  I personally would have preferred a few less scenes from the future. The two sort of twists were unfortunately well-telegraphed ahead of time which made their payoffs a little less exciting or impactful.

But overall it was fun to see what happened after the events of T2 from the perspective or input of James Cameron.  The action sequences were fantastic and I loved how the movie took very little time getting to it.  He may be well past his prime but Arnold does a great job with the limited screen time.  

Glad I'm not the only one on here who I enjoyed it - I feel like I've been taking crazy pills reading this thread :lol: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

And you have "argued till tomorrow."

I just woke up and you are still going :lol:

haha, touche ;)

I must be boring you people to death. But I'm so gutted, I barely notice. There are just so many ways you can criticise this debacle, so many ways to be disapointed, I could post another day's worth of stupid things they have done to the franchise.

we live in an age, where movie after movie is being utterly destroyed by misguided decisions and someone, sometime is bound to call them out on that. That someone is me I guess. 

when a video game lets you create your character I always go for the badass pamela anderson lookalike. every video game could have a pamela lookalike as protagonist and you wouldn't hear me complaining.

I find this notion that some people have of me, that I'm apparently triggered by female leads, very curious.

15 hours ago, action said:

those numbers can't possibly be representative, seeing how the movie flopped. So something else is going on here.

If you went to see the movie, you probably didn't mind the SJW elements which were apparent well before release, which explains the good reviews. Like I said, it's ok if you liked the movie, no problem.

But seeing how the movie flopped, many people did "not" go to see the movie, and naturally they won't post reviews on rotten tomatoes either. You can't "review" something properly if you haven't seen it. Also, why should someone bother to post a review on RT, of a movie they haven't seen?

I think this explains those numbers. "Reality" is different. Talk to people, watch reactions from real people on youtube, whatever. Fact still remains, the movie flopped so that has to be a big clue as to reception of this movie.

But even then I don't want to refer to general reception of the movie too much, make no mistake. "I" don't like the movie, that's all I can say about that. My opinion wouldn't hold more value if many others have the same opinion as me, I'm not that bigoted. Every opinon has equal value.

That goes only for "verified reviews", That's why the score is what it is. See metacritic for example.