Brian Johnson will tour with AC/D.C. again

AFD5

Eddie Trunk has heard from a reliable source.

Discussing the news, Eddie Trunk explained that sources close to the band have reportedly revealed that Brian Johnson is set to front the band during their next tour.

“I think AC/DC—it’s pretty much a done deal that these guys are gonna make a record, or have made a record, and a record is gonna come out,” Trunk began.

“I have sources that have told me that they are absolutely going to tour with Brian back again. That’s all unconfirmed from their camp, but I had it from some reliable sources.”

“I think it’s pretty much a done deal that AC/DC at the very least are going to release some sort of record and it’ll be some sort of record and it’ll be some sort of tribute to Malcolm [Young] just like Back In Black was a tribute to Bon [Scott],” Trunk continued.

“So I have no doubt about that and I’m pretty confident they’re probably going to do shows as well. But I think at this point it’s pretty much just when they announce it.”

As Eddie Trunk notes, it’s still a little while away from being confirmed, but considering his clout within the music community, it’s worth noting that his “sources” may indeed be rather reputable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I guess now Queen will have to fire Adam Lambert so Axl can front them.

I would absolutely pay top-dollar to see an on-form Axl front Queen. That said, I did see Queen + Adam Lambert once, was a pretty good show.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Who is Adam Lambert? (Serious question) 

He was a runner-up on American Idol a decade ago. Then he had a solo pop career before he was picked as the new frontman for Queen. His pop songs weren't terribly memorable but he'd proven he had a great voice for rock back in his American Idol days:

Queen joined him for this final performance on the show:

Then he performed with Queen was 2011 at the MTV European Music Awards:

They were supposed to perform at Sonisphere the following year but that festival got cancelled, so they had a mini-tour in Europe aroudn the same time instead. They've been touring pretty steadily ever since, show them I saw them at was at The O2 in London in January 2015.

• Like 2

People really need to realise although Axl did a cracking job singing for AC/DC he was only ever doing it to help them out of a hole. This was & still is Brian's job so it should come as no surprise that he & the rest of the boy's want to finish this as it should be finished with possibly one last album & tour 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vloors said:

A tour poster with brian and cliff was supposedly leaked and quickly removed in the last 24 hours. Im trying to find it.

The poster looks fake. It's the same pic of Cliff, Brian, Stevie and Angus with generic wording below. Phil isn't even in the photo, which is the nail in the coffin.

FAKE

8 hours ago, DTV88 said:

The poster looks fake. It's the same pic of Cliff, Brian, Stevie and Angus with generic wording below. Phil isn't even in the photo, which is the nail in the coffin.

FAKE

Ah ok. Thanks for confirming its fake. I couldnt find it anyway.

I assume that we will see the Rock Or Bust line-up on an upcoming tour.

Angus - lead guitar

Stevie - rhythm guitar 

Brian Johnson - vocals 

Cliff Williams - bass guitar 

Phil Rudd - drums (studio album) 

Chris Slade - drums (world tour) 

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Angus - lead guitar

Stevie - rhythm guitar 

Brian Johnson - vocals 

I really doubt rudd would be involved if only studio i thought he would be an all or nothing type, that is i play in the studio and tour or no involvement. Im on the fence with the rudd being involved but it is the BIB phase they are trying to create i guess rudd must be involved.

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really doubt rudd would be involved if only studio i thought he would be an all or nothing type, that is i play in the studio and tour or no involvement. Im on the fence with the rudd being involved but it is the BIB phase they are trying to create i guess rudd must be involved.

They already did that for the Rock Or Bust Tour. We all know that Rudd still has visa problems for some countries. 

Edited by Sosso

On 4/18/2019 at 12:12 AM, Sosso said:

Angus - lead guitar

Stevie - rhythm guitar 

Brian Johnson - vocals 

In all fairness and even though its a super fit guy; they cant really wait 2 years with the album and then tour for another 2 years. Slade will be 76 by that time...

I could see them going for one last push and putting out an album and last tour in Malcom's honor. Cliff might re-join, same for Rudd, and they could perhaps use Slade in areas Rudd can't enter due to visa issues. 
Have Axl do a few guest appearances and they've basically come full circle.

4 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

In all fairness and even though its a super fit guy; they cant really wait 2 years with the album and then tour for another 2 years. Slade will be 76 by that time...

I could see them going for one last push and putting out an album and last tour in Malcom's honor. Cliff might re-join, same for Rudd, and they could perhaps use Slade in areas Rudd can't enter due to visa issues. 
Have Axl do a few guest appearances and they've basically come full circle.

They could also add Simon Wright as their touring drummer. He's even younger than Angus and has recorded two albums and one soundtrack with the band.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

They could also add Simon Wright as their touring drummer. He's even younger than Angus and has recorded two albums and one soundtrack with the band.

I was initially hoping for Simon when Phil got into trouble, but ultimately I was happy they went with Slade. I had hopes that Simon would mean one or two obscure mid-80's songs would be revisted, but seeing as they couldn't even pull out Moneytalks with Slade (And let's face it - Axl would've been perfect for that one), I don't see any mid-80's songs coming back even with Simon. Slade is my favorite AC/DC drummer, so I'm hoping he's still on the tour.

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

I cant see this being a massive tour in terms of dates. I can see very big selective shows being played though.

I mean Rock Or Bust wasn't really a massive tour either; about 80 gigs in 18 months. Half of the dates on the Black Ice tour in roughly the same amount of time.

As huge an AC/DC fan as I am...I am hesitant about seeing them with Brian again. I haven't been impressed with the few performances he's done since this all happened, and my last gig I saw with Brian was my favorite gig I've seen with him fronting. I'd rather have that be my last memory of him fronting AC/DC than a shadow of his former self. Not to mention it'll be particularly hard to stomach going back to the hour and 45 minute shows they do with Brian after the nearly three hour gigs with Axl. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I was initially hoping for Simon when Phil got into trouble, but ultimately I was happy they went with Slade. I had hopes that Simon would mean one or two obscure mid-80's songs would be revisted, but seeing as they couldn't even pull out Moneytalks with Slade (And let's face it - Axl would've been perfect for that one), I don't see any mid-80's songs coming back even with Simon. Slade is my favorite AC/DC drummer, so I'm hoping he's still on the tour.

I mean Rock Or Bust wasn't really a massive tour either; about 80 gigs in 18 months. Half of the dates on the Black Ice tour in roughly the same amount of time.

As huge an AC/DC fan as I am...I am hesitant about seeing them with Brian again. I haven't been impressed with the few performances he's done since this all happened, and my last gig I saw with Brian was my favorite gig I've seen with him fronting. I'd rather have that be my last memory of him fronting AC/DC than a shadow of his former self. Not to mention it'll be particularly hard to stomach going back to the hour and 45 minute shows they do with Brian after the nearly three hour gigs with Axl. 

I'm certain Brian will be fully fit for this I just can't see him doing it if he's not. 

SLASH Says It's 'Awesome' That BRIAN JOHNSON, PHIL RUDD And CLIFF WILLIAMS Are Back In AC/DC

Slash says that "it's awesome" that AC/DC is apparently once again making music with singer Brian Johnson, drummer Phil Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams.

Speaking to Consequence Of Sound, the GUNS N' ROSES guitarist said: "Where do I start? AC/DC is bar none, with the exception of [THE ROLLING] STONES, the greatest rock 'n' roll band ever. THE STONES will always come first for me and then AC/DC. There are no other bands that actually play that brand of really '50s-influenced straight-up rock 'n' roll like AC/DC. I love them for that. I think Phil Rudd is one of the best drummers of all time. So anytime he was not in the band, I was always disappointed. But it's great that Cliff is going to be back, because I remember being backstage with those guys at the end of the last tour and him saying that he was gone and that he was retired. So it's great that everybody's back, but it's especially awesome that Brian is back."

Johnson and Rudd, along with guitarists Angus Young and Stevie Young, were photographed outside Vancouver's Warehouse Studios last August. Based on the pictures, the assumption is that AC/DC is in the midst of making — or at least planning — another album, with Rudd and Johnson both back in the lineup. Online reports have also indicated Angus Young will dedicate the new AC/DC album to his late brother.

Read more at:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-its-awesome-that-brian-johnson-phil-rudd-and-cliff-williams-are-back-in-ac-dc/

Edited by Sosso

Which is a good thing, obviously, because it means to me as a GN’R fan that Axl will save his time, energy, and vocal chords for his own goddamn band...

I mean, it’s not like we’re sick of them always releasing all these albums every two years or anything...

Edited by jamillos