The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

I figured this would probably be better separate from EPIX discussion...

Trailer was shown at Celebration today, not released online officially, but there are a few leaks. Looks like there's a Breaking Bad reunion with Gus and Kuby.

Spoiler

Edited by luciusfunk
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm very excited to pirate this. Can't bring myself to join a streaming service for a single show. 

Im excited for the Cassian series and the Clone Wars reboot too. Seeing these Mando clips makes me confident in the Cassian series!

Also I guess they acquired Fox so I figure that means Simpsons might be there too?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im excited for the Cassian series and the Clone Wars reboot too. Seeing these Mando clips makes me confident in the Cassian series!

Also I guess they acquired Fox so I figure that means Simpsons might be there too?

Yeah, 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available at launch. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

They're doing a Cassian series? That may sway my opinion on joining. I'm not fussed on Clone Wars though. 

11 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

They're doing a Cassian series? That may sway my opinion on joining. I'm not fussed on Clone Wars though. 

Yeah, an espionage thriller series with Luna returning as Cassian. I for one am pumped for it! Though it was difficult to watch him kill his comrade at the start of Rogue One, I think its a more accurate depiction of rebellions. I think its cool to round out the live action universe that way.

There may be updates and announcements since this, but this was the initial announcement

https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Yeah, 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available at launch. 

Jesus... I woulda thought the simpsons would’ve stayed on Hulu, since that’s more of a Fox property than a Disney property.

also, didn’t Disney day they wanted to keep their streaming service “family friendly”? I haven’t seen the simpsons in like over a decade, but if I recall correctly, don’t they tend to brush alongside the edges of adult humor?

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Jesus... I woulda thought the simpsons would’ve stayed on Hulu, since that’s more of a Fox property than a Disney property.

also, didn’t Disney day they wanted to keep their streaming service “family friendly”? I haven’t seen the simpsons in like over a decade, but if I recall correctly, don’t they tend to brush alongside the edges of adult humor?

I don’t think they were ever as raunchy as Family Guy. Pretty sure The Simpsons is considered TV PG. 

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

When Disney acquired most of Fox, it included Foxs shares in Hulu. So you make a great point about where Disney would place different franchises. I've heard it suggested the acquisition is largely related to Disney + But yeah, the branding may support one platform over another for various Fox entities.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

Star Wars in general hasn’t blown my skirt up or gotten me excited, in quite some time...

...but I’ll be damned if the trailer for this Mandalorian doesn’t look glorious 

Does the official confirmation that a Kenobi show with Ewan McGregor is happening in 2021 get you excited, at the very least?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...