The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I used the have a few figures as a kid - Return of the Jedi era figures. Not many as I was more a He-Man chap, but I had a few. I had one of Jabba's bodyguards, green piglike things. 

Very cool! I take it no Ewoks?

I love Jabbas bodyguards. Something so memorable and striking about those ones. Also, to nerd out, iirc the only time we've seen a light side force user use a force choke was when Luke force choked those bodyguards? Which I think is relevant to Mando because Baby Yoda was force choking the Storm Troopers, which is normally associated with Dark Side.

Here’s everything new officially announced today for starwars:

SHOWS ON D+

Mando Season 3

Rangers of the New Republic (Mando spin-off)

Ahsoka (Mando spin-off)

Andor (Rogue One prequel show)

Kenobi (with Hayden back as Vader)

Lando (Solo sequel show)

The Acolytes (High Republic show)

The Bad Batch (animated Clone Wars spin-off show)

Visions (anime anthology show)

MOVIES ON D+

Mando/ Ahsoka/ Rangers “crossover film”

A Droid Story (animated R2 and 3PO film)

THEATRICAL MOVIES

Rogue Squadrons (directed by Patty Jenkins) - 2023

Taika Waititi’s “pulp” movie - 2025

@soon you may wanna look above!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

SHOWS ON D+

Mando Season 3

Ahsoka (Mando spin-off)

Lando (Solo sequel show)

MOVIES ON D+

THEATRICAL MOVIES

Whaaaat???!!! I am over the moon! Thank you for sharing :headbang:

I don't even know where to begin?! Like what is this?? lol. Ahhhhhh! :dance:I'm so happy!

What are your standouts?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, soon said:

Whaaaat???!!! I am over the moon! Thank you for sharing :headbang:

I don't even know where to begin?! Like what is this?? lol. Ahhhhhh! :dance:I'm so happy!

What are your standouts?

Do you not think all that is overkill, like the Marvel shite? Better to only have 1-2 quality productions in my opinion, like The Mandalorian, than diluting the quality.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

tenor.gif

I'm perfectly happy to give Hayden another chance if he can work with good source material. He wasn't given fuck all to work with in AOTC, and to a lesser extent ROTS. 

Super excited for Kenobi and Andor. The Acolyte intrigues me as it covers an era we don't have any real cannon material on. I'm normally not into the animated stuff, but if Lando has Donald Glover voicing him I'm looking forward to that also. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Honestly, the one I’m most excited for the the animated film with R2 and 3po.

Right on!

Im into that too, though not my number one.

I know that there’s the idea of ‘Star Wars as seen through the eyes of R2 and 3po.’ And there’s the previous droids animated series.

Does any if that factor in the your intrigue? What are your hopes for this series? 

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Right on!

Im into that too, though not my number one.

I know that there’s the idea of ‘Star Wars as seen through the eyes of R2 and 3po.’ And there’s the previous droids animated series.

Does any if that factor in the your intrigue? What are your hopes for this series? 

Yeah those are the exact reasons why I’m excited for it actually! I think starwars works best when it’s for children, so I hope that movie focuses on that.

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm perfectly happy to give Hayden another chance if he can work with good source material. He wasn't given fuck all to work with in AOTC, and to a lesser extent ROTS. 

Super excited for Kenobi and Andor. The Acolyte intrigues me as it covers an era we don't have any real cannon material on. I'm normally not into the animated stuff, but if Lando has Donald Glover voicing him I'm looking forward to that also. 

The Lando show is live action. Not animated.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

SHOWS ON D+

Mando Season 3

Ahsoka (Mando spin-off)

Lando (Solo sequel show)

MOVIES ON D+

THEATRICAL MOVIES

Good lord - the ship had already sailed on letting it die gracefully, but this is bordering on dressing up and fucking the corpse for years after the fact.

7 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Good lord - the ship had already sailed on letting it die gracefully, but this is bordering on dressing up and fucking the corpse for years after the fact.

There is no one more cynical on Disney's Star Wars offerings than me, however The Mandalorian is extremely good - it certainly surprised me. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah those are the exact reasons why I’m excited for it actually! I think starwars works best when it’s for children, so I hope that movie focuses on that.

The Lando show is live action. Not animated.

Is it? I didn’t see the actual announcement but on the Star Wars subreddit they’re saying it’s animated. If it is indeed live action then I really hope Donal Glover reprises the role, he absolutely nailed Lando in Solo. 

Chut chut! My head is spinning - I cant even begin to keep track of all this great news! Im too overwhelmed to even watch Mando this morning!

But Im anticipating more ground will be laid for Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic :headbang:

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you not think all that is overkill, like the Marvel shite? Better to only have 1-2 quality productions in my opinion, like The Mandalorian, than diluting the quality.

I dont know about Marvel - But I thought people enjoyed them? I loved Solo and Rogue One, so was confident in the ambitious one film per year trip. I think they got this on lock!

They put out a lot of novels, and I like them :shrugs: And that comes down to being rooted 'in universe.' So two new projects are in the Mando world. One (or two?) are rooted in Clone Wars. One in Solo. My point being that a lot of the ground work is done. Time to tell some more stories in these established worlds. Solo was left with setups for a sequel, Im hoping they will address those in Lando!

Those very new ones could be more a risk. But their intrigue is also their newness. They could steal the whole show?!

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thank you for graciously reminding me that its a film. 100% agree with you. Im even more pumped for it now, as a film. This has so much potential to be great.

So, things are slowly sinking in and I realized that there was no mention of the Boba miniseries? I figure that Rangers of the New Republic might be that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Chut chut! My head is spinning - I cant even begin to keep track of all this great news! Im too overwhelmed to even watch Mando this morning!

But Im anticipating more ground will be laid for Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic :headbang:

I dont know about Marvel - But I thought people enjoyed them? I loved Solo and Rogue One, so was confident in the ambitious one film per year trip. I think they got this on lock!

They put out a lot of novels, and I like them :shrugs: And that comes down to being rooted 'in universe.' So two new projects are in the Mando world. One (or two?) are rooted in Clone Wars. One in Solo. My point being that a lot of the ground work is done. Time to tell some more stories in these established worlds. Solo was left with setups for a sequel, Im hoping they will address those in Lando!

Those very new ones could be more a risk. But their intrigue is also their newness. They could steal the whole show?!

Thank you for graciously reminding me that its a film. 100% agree with you. Im even more pumped for it now, as a film. This has so much potential to be great.

So, things are slowly sinking in and I realized that there was no mention of the Boba miniseries? I figure that Rangers of the New Republic might be that?

Yeah everyone on the internet is confused as to why the Boba series wasn’t announced, since it was reported the other day. Most people are guessing that Rangers is that show, and that it’s also the Cara & Bo show that was rumored. I guess all three of them become “Rangers” (whatever that is).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah everyone on the internet is confused as to why the Boba series wasn’t announced, since it was reported the other day. Most people are guessing that Rangers is that show, and that it’s also the Cara & Bo show that was rumored. I guess all three of them become “Rangers” (whatever that is).

And Fennec, maybe too? Yeah, what it a ranger? Maybe special forces? Or is that too much like Bad Batch? Or maybe the New Republic, as advised by Blues approach so far, will give their team greater autonomy and less oversight than other New Republic operatives?

I heard someone point out that Kennedy never made a clear statement that "Mando season 3 starts Christmas 2021" but instead said the next chapter. I guess the next chapter of the Mando world could also mean either spin off?

• Like 1

New episode is fantastic!! Fennec and Mansfield carried a lot and it was all cool. I continue to love the exploration of the New Republic as simply the 'new boss.'

I like Fennecs costuming and aura. She kinda slides in as powerful peoples equal very quickly and seamlessly... its interesting.

I dont understand why Mando and Mansfield didnt have any comms with Fennec and co during the mission? In OT they had comms in such missions.

I am starting to wonder if online speculation is right that Mando himself will fade from the stories as all these other characters move forward.

Spoiler

Especially since we've now seen Mandos face.

Okay, so legends Rogue Squadron has Luke, Wedge, Thrawn and a Solo chick.

WHAT??? :headbang:

Some of the story sounds a lot like the current Alphabet Squadron trilogy novels. X wing pilots cleaning up loose ends after the fall of the Empire, Imperial defectors, an uneasy connection to their hierarchy.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Okay, so legends Rogue Squadron has Luke, Wedge, Thrawn and a Solo chick.

WHAT??? :headbang:

Some of the story sounds a lot like the current Alphabet Squadron trilogy novels. X wing pilots cleaning up loose ends after the fall of the Empire, Imperial defectors, an uneasy connection to their hierarchy.

The new movie is actually going to be about a new generation of the rogue squadron, and it takes place after Rise Of Skywalker.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Uggh.

Can Disney not just retcon the ehh Disney trilogy out of existence? Make Mandalorian a clean start?

Mandalorian already has ties to the sequel trilogy. Those creatures in the blue tubes were Snoke prototypes. The drop ships are identical to the ones from the sequels. One of the imperial officers even mentions “the new era” (referencing The First Order).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The new movie is actually going to be about a new generation of the rogue squadron, and it takes place after Rise Of Skywalker.

Thanks! Do you think Poe and Rey might be in the squadron? Or any of the sequel cast involved?

Or by new generation, does that imply that all new cast? (OT cast lasted 40 years, but sequel cast is already old hat?)

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks! Do you think Poe and Rey might be in the squadron? Or any of the sequel cast involved?

Or by new generation, does that imply that all new cast? (OT cast lasted 40 years, but sequel cast is already old hat?)

No idea! They haven’t specified exactly what year it takes place in yet, or whether or not “new generation” means the sequel era or a “sequel-sequel” era. I’m sure we will find out all those answers soon enough tho! I’d definitely like to see the ST characters again someday. Idk if this is the right place for it tho. We might need to wait a bit longer for that sorta thing.

If anything, it’d be cool if Jenkins casted Gal Gadot and/or Chris Pine in this, since she seems to like working with both of them a lot.

• GNFNR 1