The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'm excited for the Kenobi series. I've always thought that there was a story to be told there, and Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character. McGregor is at the right age to play him in that time period, and Christensen is a bonus. Glad he gets to have a second go.

I am SO EXCITED for this series!!! I agree with you about Hayden being a bonus...there were rumors he was going to be on and when the word came out it was official, I was thrilled. I love both actors, man I can't wait. I am just a little excited haha. :lol:

• Like 1

I love how much of the cartoon vibe is maintained for Bo-Katan and Koska when they are wearing their helmets and in combat.

Similarly how theres a mystical 'other-worldly' vibe to Ahsoka. Which is both comicbook style and also reminiscent, to me, of Yodas home on Dagobah.

I think both are handled really well. Helps blend the live action and cartoon worlds. And why do away with some of those really awesome features from other mediums and storylines.

• Like 1

Because of the stupid restrictions we have with respect to posting YouTube links, I couldn't share directly the deep fake video of Luke. 

Check out this article that has the video embedded:

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-fan-fixes-the-mandalorian-season-2-finale-with-a-deepfake-video/

Someone fixed the horrid job Disney did with Luke.  Disney needs to hire this guy (or at least fire whoever did the original).   

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because of the stupid restrictions we have with respect to posting YouTube links, I couldn't share directly the deep fake video of Luke. 

Check out this article that has the video embedded:

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-fan-fixes-the-mandalorian-season-2-finale-with-a-deepfake-video/

Someone fixed the horrid job Disney did with Luke.  Disney needs to hire this guy (or at least fire whoever did the original).   

It is much better. The ''FMV'' texture of the skin is reduced and the eyes are superior. How on earth can a chap on the internet do better in a couple of weeks what Disney produced? 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is much better. The ''FMV'' texture of the skin is reduced and the eyes are superior. How on earth can a chap on the internet do better in a couple of weeks what Disney produced? 

It is kind of mind blowing when you think of it. 

The shit-poor job Disney did really took me out of the moment.  

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote a blog post a few days ago detailing why the Mando season finale disappointed me: https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/01/mandalorian-made-me-mad.html?m=1

On the subject of starwars, I also published another blog post today on why I dislike the character of Poe Dameron, in particular: https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-problem-with-poe-dameron.html?m=1

Watching the whole second season again, I think The Jedi is my favorite episode. But really as a whole this season knocked it out of the park. The Passenger and The Heiress weren’t WUITE up to par with the rest of the season, but that bar is so ridiculously high. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Watching the whole second season again, I think The Jedi is my favorite episode. But really as a whole this season knocked it out of the park. The Passenger and The Heiress weren’t WUITE up to par with the rest of the season, but that bar is so ridiculously high. 

As an episode, The Jedi is the best of the series imo.

For badass crazy fanboy extravaganza apalooza, the finale wins for me (with The Tragedy close behind)

This season ruled

• Like 1

If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably also be The Jedi, yeah. I like how it was a blend of samurai films and spaghetti westerns (which makes sense, since one influenced the other anyways). It was cool to see a “samurai” and a “cowboy” working together. I also liked how stylized the episode was, with the yellow sky and all.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote another series of Star Wars articles (three this time) where I analyze each film and show one at a time. Here's Part 1 (there's a link to the next part at the end of each post): https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-good-bad-star-wars-lucas-era.html?m=1

EDIT: For whoever is interested, I have now added a Part 4 to the series of blog posts above (sorry, couldn’t help myself). I go into detail about why I thought certain things in TLJ were justified (Luke’s arc, Finn’s arc, the Holdo maneuver, etc.), and also defend some other controversial moments in the franchise that even I don’t like, just for the sake of playing devil’s advocate.

I promise that this is my last starwars blog post for awhile, so I’ll stop spamming this thread with my blog. Thanks.

Edited by rocknroll41

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Pretty Orwellian of Disney to fire her for expressing a bit of her retarded political views on the internet. If only they'd fire people like Kathleen Kennedy.

I’ll agree with you the day Kennedy starts comparing Republicans with persecuted Jews during World War II

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What? Is that what she said? That's so fucked up. I thought she just retweeted the Capital Building attack in support, which would also be fucked up.

Does an actress being stupid and fucked up in the real world matter in the context of Star Wars though?

That's not what she said but that's how it's being presented. What she actually did was compare today's climate of "you must think exactly like everyone else all of the time" to what happened to Jewish people during World War II. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's not what she said but that's how it's being presented. What she actually did was compare today's climate of "you must think exactly like everyone else all of the time" to what happened to Jewish people during World War II. 

That's somehow better? 

Edited by Jw224

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

As much as I agree that attitude is unhealthy and corrosive to individuals and society as a whole...comparing being hounded by woke retards or Trump retards or whatever, to the Jews being persecuted in WWII and getting cooked alive in ovens etc - is fucking stupid.

9 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

That's somehow better? 

It's a Star Wars thread, so I'll bow out. I don't want to derail it any further. My opinion is that what she's said has been misrepresented from the very beginning and I'm disappointed that she was fired. 

Not trying to have the last word or anything, just don't want to derail the thread any further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

What? Is that what she said? That's so fucked up. I thought she just retweeted the Capital Building attack in support, which would also be fucked up.

Does an actress being stupid and fucked up in the real world matter in the context of Star Wars though?

She mentioned something how in parts of Europe that are now part of Ukraine, neighbours would turn on and kill Jews themselves because of the pressure and narratives put forward by the incoming Nazi invasion and likened it all to how liberals treats anyone who”thinks differently” (ie believes the election was stolen, believes in Qanon, doesn’t believe the majority consensus on covid-19 or the attack on the Capitol).

And for the record, I don’t think there’s anything necessarily wrong for saying such a stupid and nonsense thing. But I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with Disney for wanting nothing to do with someone who would make such claims.  People have the freedom to say what they want while others have the freedom to associate with whomever they choose. 

I don’t see it anything more than that.