The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm excited for the Kenobi series. I've always thought that there was a story to be told there, and Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character. McGregor is at the right age to play him in that time p

Fuck yeah! This is f'n Star Wars There's so many awesome action sequences but that Cara Dune hand combat is a banger! So much story revealed! Carl Weathers did a fantastic job directing

I’m glad Boba Fett will be a separate series instead of Mando season 3. And co-produced by Robert Rodriguez? My body is ready. 

I'm excited for the Kenobi series. I've always thought that there was a story to be told there, and Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character. McGregor is at the right age to play him in that time period, and Christensen is a bonus. Glad he gets to have a second go.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'm excited for the Kenobi series. I've always thought that there was a story to be told there, and Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character. McGregor is at the right age to play him in that time period, and Christensen is a bonus. Glad he gets to have a second go.

I am SO EXCITED for this series!!! I agree with you about Hayden being a bonus...there were rumors he was going to be on and when the word came out it was official, I was thrilled. I love both actors, man I can't wait. I am just a little excited haha. :lol:

• Like 1

I love how much of the cartoon vibe is maintained for Bo-Katan and Koska when they are wearing their helmets and in combat.

Similarly how theres a mystical 'other-worldly' vibe to Ahsoka. Which is both comicbook style and also reminiscent, to me, of Yodas home on Dagobah.

I think both are handled really well. Helps blend the live action and cartoon worlds. And why do away with some of those really awesome features from other mediums and storylines.

• Like 1

Because of the stupid restrictions we have with respect to posting YouTube links, I couldn't share directly the deep fake video of Luke. 

Check out this article that has the video embedded:

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-fan-fixes-the-mandalorian-season-2-finale-with-a-deepfake-video/

Someone fixed the horrid job Disney did with Luke.  Disney needs to hire this guy (or at least fire whoever did the original).   

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
15 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because of the stupid restrictions we have with respect to posting YouTube links, I couldn't share directly the deep fake video of Luke. 

Check out this article that has the video embedded:

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-fan-fixes-the-mandalorian-season-2-finale-with-a-deepfake-video/

Someone fixed the horrid job Disney did with Luke.  Disney needs to hire this guy (or at least fire whoever did the original).   

It is much better. The ''FMV'' texture of the skin is reduced and the eyes are superior. How on earth can a chap on the internet do better in a couple of weeks what Disney produced? 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is much better. The ''FMV'' texture of the skin is reduced and the eyes are superior. How on earth can a chap on the internet do better in a couple of weeks what Disney produced? 

It is kind of mind blowing when you think of it. 

The shit-poor job Disney did really took me out of the moment.  

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote a blog post a few days ago detailing why the Mando season finale disappointed me: https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/01/mandalorian-made-me-mad.html?m=1

On the subject of starwars, I also published another blog post today on why I dislike the character of Poe Dameron, in particular: https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-problem-with-poe-dameron.html?m=1

Watching the whole second season again, I think The Jedi is my favorite episode. But really as a whole this season knocked it out of the park. The Passenger and The Heiress weren’t WUITE up to par with the rest of the season, but that bar is so ridiculously high. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Watching the whole second season again, I think The Jedi is my favorite episode. But really as a whole this season knocked it out of the park. The Passenger and The Heiress weren’t WUITE up to par with the rest of the season, but that bar is so ridiculously high. 

As an episode, The Jedi is the best of the series imo.

For badass crazy fanboy extravaganza apalooza, the finale wins for me (with The Tragedy close behind)

This season ruled

• Like 1

If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably also be The Jedi, yeah. I like how it was a blend of samurai films and spaghetti westerns (which makes sense, since one influenced the other anyways). It was cool to see a “samurai” and a “cowboy” working together. I also liked how stylized the episode was, with the yellow sky and all.