The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

6 hours ago, soon said:

Even just the thumbnail for ch 6 looks amazing! Cant wait to watch this :headbang:

Ch 7 will arrive early next week, on Wednesday, and will include a TROS teaser.

EDIT: Ch 6 is epic!!

Reveal hidden contents

I really didnt think that Bill Burr would work out, but it did imho.

That chick reminds me of my church camp sweetheart. Daggers and all! :lol:

That was Dave Filonni piloting the one X Wing!!!

I dont understand if its implied that this was all baby yodas plan? Nor if his force powers contributed to destroying that droid?

I really didn't like the 5th episode, but wow did I love the 6th. I agree with your thoughts on it. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't watch this show but apparently there is a "baby" yoda, so by next spring there will be a baby yoda toy collection for sale. lol

He did look very cute on the news this morning.

That's been the thing with Lucasfilm since the invention of the Ewok lol

• Like 1

I went to re-watch ch 6 and when I finished watching it the second time, I just hit play again and watched a third time!

I think its the theatrical costuming and acting by some characters. And the almost comic book feel to some of it that I find so engaging. (I think this ensemble is what season 2 of Strangers Things tried and, imo, failed at with the punk criminal squad)

And in the midst of all that, they wrote Burrs lines perfectly in his voice. Theres just so much 'interest,' like its firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

it's the "what, they don't like Falafel?" guy from Batman Begins! I love that guy. Fun episode and I like that it was longer too. I didn't care for episodes 4 and 5. Glad to see it picking up. Mando took down 5 or 6 droids. That was sick. Baby Yoda is a G.

• Like 2

Another great one! 

Spoiler

Baby Yoda was demonstrating some dark side traits. Chocking is always dark side I think, traditionally? And his face went 'evil' as he did it. Interesting. He's 'mastered' healing and seems to display dark side too... huh.

Oh Queel. Oh no baby yoda!

Chapter 8 is another great one! More story advancement, lots of bad-assery and some humour.

Spoiler

Not sure how I feel about the humorous banter between the biker scouts... It makes sense and all. But I dunno.

I had Queel on my mind the whole episode. His story really drives home just how horrible Empire is. Its heartbreaking to look on his grave.

That Mando chick smashed open the storm troopers mask! :headbang: 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, soon said:

Chapter 8 is another great one! More story advancement, lots of bad-assery and some humour.

Hide contents

Not sure how I feel about the humorous banter between the biker scouts... It makes sense and all. But I dunno.

I had Queel on my mind the whole episode. His story really drives home just how horrible Empire is. Its heartbreaking to look on his grave.

That Mando chick smashed open the storm troopers mask! :headbang: 

Perosnally, I really liked the opening to the episode. If there's one thing I've learned by discussing SW online, it's that SW fans need to lighten up lol. I'd love to see more scenes like that in the future. Not a ton, but more. 

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Perosnally, I really liked the opening to the episode. If there's one thing I've learned by discussing SW online, it's that SW fans need to lighten up lol. I'd love to see more scenes like that in the future. Not a ton, but more. 

I think that for me it wasnt the fact that it was humorous, but that it wasnt the type I associate with Star Wars. And that it 'broke the 4th wall' on the Empire, so to speak. Which, yes, makes sense that the Empire is no more and there is clearly less order and decorum among the various war lords with their Storm Troopers and Biker Scouts. Id like them to still be ominous and scary, I guess.

I really love the physical humour in Ep4 when Luke is in the Storm Trooper helmet and he kinda makes an aloof gesture that looks funny when wearing that helmet. And all Hans looks of bewilderment in his romance with Leia. That stuff really adds to the re watching ability to me. As far as spoken humour, I like things in passing in Star Wars, like in Mando Ch 7 when they are pinned down and the craft lands, then Kara says "Who the heck is that." But its right back to action.

Like, as much as I love Ashoka the early seasons with the whole 'Snipes' and "Sky Guy" didnt land for me either. Thats the closest I can think to the length of banter we see in the opening of Mando 8

All this said, I love Poes trolling at the beginning of Ep8. Like a lot. So I guess Im just all over the place on this, lol.

TL;DR Im not sure how I feel about banter lasting that long and associate other comedic stylings with Star Wars, but I have laughed at this type of humour in Star Wars before. So, who knows! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching the finale. Loved it! Easily my favorite of the whole season. Put a smile on my face so many times!

This whole show is great! It’s the best thing since Empire, and the future of Starwars!

Here’s my ranking of all the season 1 episodes:

GREAT

1.The Redemption (Chapter 8)

2.The Sin (Chapter 3)

3.The Child (Chapter 2)

4.The Mandalorian (Chapter 1)

5.The Reckoning (Chapter 7)

GOOD

6.The Sanctuary (Chapter 4)

7.The Prisoner (Chapter 6)

FINE

8.The Gunslinger (Chapter 5)

Edited by rocknroll41

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow they really didn't show much, did they? I am excited, this is probably the overall highest quality SW content since the original films. They would have really benefited by using members of the writing team on the sequels, oh well. 

I hope they don't try and make it too big and epic, and that there are still a good amount of standalone episodes, I like the light and kind of cheesy vibe of those. Makes me feel like Star Trek TNG or Xena or something and I think that benefits the show

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Wow they really didn't show much, did they? I am excited, this is probably the overall highest quality SW content since the original films. They would have really benefited by using members of the writing team on the sequels, oh well. 

I hope they don't try and make it too big and epic, and that there are still a good amount of standalone episodes, I like the light and kind of cheesy vibe of those. Makes me feel like Star Trek TNG or Xena or something and I think that benefits the show

This was just a teaser.  Look for a full trailer on MNF next month.  Disney loves to cross promote.