The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maul died after killing Oskar Schindler at the end of Phantom Menace. I don't want to see him with robot legs walking around in nerd stuff. 

Yea I think they fucked up when they killed off Maul so quick in Phantom Menace.  They should have just ate it.  Just like they should have ate Palatine blowing up but they fucked that up too.  There's a saying that you can't unfry an egg but Disney doesn't see it that way.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maul died after killing Oskar Schindler at the end of Phantom Menace. I don't want to see him with robot legs walking around in nerd stuff. 

His character is much more fleshed out in the cartoon shows where he comes back. It’s actually very compelling... But I know you don’t care. I can tell you’re from the OT generation.

Starwars being so generational is it’s greatest curse, imo. Part of me wishes the franchise would’ve just hard-rebooted itself once every 20 years, like every other franchise does. I’d rather see a new young actor playing Luke Skywalker in a new continuity every generation, instead of what we got now. I feel like all of us “fans” would’ve been bitching at each other much less, had that been the way the franchise evolved, instead of the way it actually did.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

His character is much more fleshed out in the cartoon shows where he comes back. It’s actually very compelling... But I know you don’t care. I can tell you’re from the OT generation.

Starwars being so generational is it’s greatest curse, imo. Part of me wishes the franchise would’ve just hard-rebooted itself once every 20 years, like every other franchise does. I’d rather see a new young actor playing Luke Skywalker in a new continuity every generation, instead of what we got now. I feel like all of us “fans” would’ve been bitching at each other much less, had that been the way the franchise evolved, instead of the way it actually did.

Not really from choice but necessity considering the prequels/Disney films are so utterly dire. 

Edit,

Mandalorian actually proves I am receptive to the appearance of ''quality'' Star Wars productions.

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not really from choice but necessity considering the prequels/Disney films are so utterly dire. 

Edit,

Mandalorian actually proves I am receptive to the appearance of ''quality'' Star Wars productions.

Mandalorian seems to be one of the few things thus far that has managed to break through the generational barrier, yeah. Hopefully the other upcoming live actions shows (Kenobi, Cassian, and whatever the female-centric show is) can all do the same.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 10:57 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the comic version of Maul getting killed is from the old continuity that’s now called the “Legends” universe.

i used to not like Rebels but it’s grown on me a lot recently (I’ve been catching up on it as well)! I might even like it better than The Clone Wars now!

Nice! Im enjoying Rebels so much more than I did at first glance too (Which seems like ages ago already to me, somehow). Im not sure which of the two series is my current fav. I dont tend to watch animated shows that arent Star Wars for whatever reason. I think Rebels animation - though perhaps not as celebrated as Clone Wars - is easier for me to get into, if that makes any sense.

Oh, thanks for info! I think I should just stop reading anything that's not canon, until I get a handle of the canon. I get myself all confused! lol

23 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didnt think Trek fans were allowed to refer to Star Wars as "Nerd stuff." :P

But yeah, as mentioned already, the Maul story line is quite rich and VERY Star Wars. GL was a big part of Clone Wars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched new episode. Im buzzing! Its not my favorite episode yet, but its still another good one :headbang:

Spoiler

- Great battle!!

- Great traveling vistas

- The actor who plays the dad in Santa Clarita Diet is in it. I couldnt disconnect him form his bimbo comedy character. Was distracting to me.

- I thought the costuming in the 'boxing' match scene was a bit subpar. And that dude was Shrek!

- I hope he'll be taking the armour to the armorer. Missed her in this one.

- I think that is Rex appearing at the end?!

Edited by soon

4 hours ago, soon said:

Just watched new episode. Im buzzing! Its not my favorite episode yet, but its still another good one :headbang:

Hide contents

- Great battle!!

- Great traveling vistas

- The actor who plays the dad in Santa Clarita Diet is in it. I couldnt disconnect him form his bimbo comedy character. Was distracting to me.

- I thought the costuming in the 'boxing' match scene was a bit subpar. And that dude was Shrek!

- I hope he'll be taking the armour to the armorer. Missed her in this one.

- I think that is Rex appearing at the end?!

SPOILER!!!: That’s actually Boba Fett at the end there.

For others who are reading, sorry I didn’t tag the above as a spoiler. Idk how to do spoiler tags on the new forum layout.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Wow 1

Spoiler

That’s actually Boba Fett at the end there.

rocknroll41s post^^

my response,

Spoiler

What?!?!?!?!?!?! I thought it looked so much like Rex - that if there is a Rex in teh series he'd now have to look like identical.

But if that was Fetts armor on the new guy, the Fett at the end looks too big for it??

Haha, another character returning from a deadly fall into a 'pit' :lol: This will be the first live action return from a living/organic pit.

53 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

For others who are reading, sorry I didn’t tag the above as a spoiler. Idk how to do spoiler tags on the new forum layout.

Its pretty similar still. I think the graphic on the tool bar might look slightly different. And I cant recall but I think it appears in a slightly different location. And at least on desktop the edit function is now found in the top right, where those 3 dots are.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, soon said:
  Hide contents

That’s actually Boba Fett at the end there.

rocknroll41s post^^

my response,

Hide contents

What?!?!?!?!?!?! I thought it looked so much like Rex - that if there is a Rex in teh series he'd now have to look like identical.

But if that was Fetts armor on the new guy, the Fett at the end looks too big for it??

Haha, another character returning from a deadly fall into a 'pit' :lol: This will be the first live action return from a living/organic pit.

Its pretty similar still. I think the graphic on the tool bar might look slightly different. And I cant recall but I think it appears in a slightly different location. And at least on desktop the edit function is now found in the top right, where those 3 dots are.

I think Rex is going to have a big beard (like he does in Rebels and, retroactively, Return of the Jedi). That’s how you’ll be able to tell him apart from Boba. Not sure how Cody will look in the Kenobi show. Maybe he’ll have hair lol.

The new guy in Boba’s armor is Cobb Vanth, from the Aftermath books. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Rex is going to have a big beard (like he does in Rebels and, retroactively, Return of the Jedi). That’s how you’ll be able to tell him apart from Boba. Not sure how Cody will look in the Kenobi show. Maybe he’ll have hair lol.

The new guy in Boba’s armor is Cobb Vanth, from the Aftermath books. :)

Wait, Rex is in Return of the Jedi?? ... How??

Oh thanks, Ive never read those books yet. Very cool that novel characters are being brought in!!

Spoiler

When I saw the graffiti at the start I was sure we'd be seeing Sabine.

Back to Fett, it went over my head at first that Boba and Rex would look alike, lol. Too cool! I guess the same actor will play them both??

That episode was absolutely awesome. So much cool lore and tasteful (in my opinion) fan service. I ended up really liking Cobb Vance's character, the production values were A+, and the shot at the very end was excellent. 

This show really is everything the sequels could not accomplish. It is kind of funny coming from a series that defines the word "epic", but Star Wars is actually benefiting by going to a much smaller story and scale. Who would have thought?

47 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That episode was absolutely awesome. So much cool lore and tasteful (in my opinion) fan service. I ended up really liking Cobb Vance's character, the production values were A+, and the shot at the very end was excellent. 

This show really is everything the sequels could not accomplish. It is kind of funny coming from a series that defines the word "epic", but Star Wars is actually benefiting by going to a much smaller story and scale. Who would have thought?

I’ve come to realize that Star Wars’s strengths are actually in more episodic formats, since the original 1977 film was based on old sci fi serials in the first place. That’s why stuff like Clone Wars and Rebels and Mando have all worked while none of the movies passed ESB really have (for the most part).

Edited by rocknroll41

58 minutes ago, soon said:

Wait, Rex is in Return of the Jedi?? ... How??

Oh thanks, Ive never read those books yet. Very cool that novel characters are being brought in!!

Reveal hidden contents

When I saw the graffiti at the start I was sure we'd be seeing Sabine.

Back to Fett, it went over my head at first that Boba and Rex would look alike, lol. Too cool! I guess the same actor will play them both??

There’s a background rebel character during the battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi who happens to look similar to “old man Rex” from Rebels, so now people jokingly say that it is Rex lol.

Yeah I hope Sabine shows up too! I have a feeling she will, since we know Asohka is coming, and Sabine was last seen with her. For all we know, she could even be that hooded figure that Sasha Banks was playing in the trailer.

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Swampfox said:

First episode was ok.  Left us with a big cliffhanger and answered a big rumor all in one shot at the end.

I'm not really interested in the nerd stuff but for me it is a western (or a samurai)?

- lone stranger enters a struggling frontier town on horseback (speeder)

- enters saloon and pairs-off with the local marshal

- two agree to join forces, regulate a truce, to combat a threat

- townsmen roped in a la The Magnificent Seven.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not really interested in the nerd stuff but for me it is a western (or a samurai)?

Well some of that comes from Kurosawa’s The Seven Samurai, which The Magnificent Seven adapted, but yeah your point is still stands, since a lot of western “aesthetics” were present in the episode.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would say that knowing the formula of a western film is indeed "nerd stuff." :P

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nowt nerdy about these chaps,

9c1da72bd67b19860cd2db3070f2ac77.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11075515

Dang “Dirty Harry” has got to be a risky google search. Who would name themselves that?? :lol:

Dont know the other fella. But it’s like Ahsoka Tano once said “You don’t have to carry a sword to be powerful. Some leaders’ strength is in inspiring others”