The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

Killer episode! The cartoon references and characters were seamless! I was worried they were going to take focus away from Mando and the child but that isn't the case. 

This show is the perfect vessel for fleshing out the galaxy, too. That is something that was completely missed in the sequels. Very neat to see Mon Cala. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

How did Gideon kill that officer? Is Gideon a Sith?

I think the whole Mando is a zealot thing is interesting. Because I think the standard story telling would say that a zealot would go to extremes. But it looks to me like, by comparison, Bo-katan is far more willing to go to extremes to regain her birthright?

Just saw the newest episode. Wonderful! Best episode of the entire show so far, for me. Bo-Katan looked perfect in live action!

My guess is that after Mando finally delivers Baby Yoda to Asohka he will shift his focus on helping Bo Katan take back Mandalore.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Finally a good episode in Season 2. I thought &everything before this was boring as hell. They really have to cut the travel scenes. I don't need to see people on speeder bikes getting from one place to the next, I just need to see what happens when they get there. 

What a time to be a fan! Things seemed so grim when Solo under-performed and the films were put on hold. But here we are with weekly Mando, miniseries in the pipe and a brand new Lego holiday special just released!

Ive been so excited for the debut of live Ahsoka. Yet now that its happening next week, Im a little anxious - like what if shes not the 'Ahsoka' that we've known and loved? But its all Filloni, so Im sure it will be great! But what if?? :wow:

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Finally a good episode in Season 2. I thought &everything before this was boring as hell. They really have to cut the travel scenes. I don't need to see people on speeder bikes getting from one place to the next, I just need to see what happens when they get there. 

Huh, I really enjoy the travel vistas. Its a big part of Star Wars to me. I think watching Luke, Ben, and the droids cruise to Mos Eisley was the moment that I first realized that Star Wars is awesome.

Darth Maul travel scenes in ep 1 make me lol and take me out of the moment though.

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I liked this episode a lot too but part of me kinda wishes the whole episode was just Baby Yoda at school! :D

He punks the dudes macrones haha

I thought Id be over Baby Yoda by now... but Im not! It keeps working for me! I also loved the scene of Baby Yoda helping out to fix the Razor Crests wiring lol.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

2-4 were all extremely good. 

Theyre so good!!!

Next week the so called "nerd stuff" starts though! I really hope you'll enjoy it too!

This week we likely saw sequel lore (the attempts at cloning and adding midi-chlorians could be the project to clone Palps or at least to create Snoke!) And next week we get Prequel era spin off cartoon lore!

10 hours ago, soon said:

Theyre so good!!!

Next week the so called "nerd stuff" starts though! I really hope you'll enjoy it too!

This week we likely saw sequel lore (the attempts at cloning and adding midi-chlorians could be the project to clone Palps or at least to create Snoke!) And next week we get Prequel era spin off cartoon lore!

I'll just ignore it all and focus on it being a western in space.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can support a ''bit of nerd'' provided it is original trilogy derived.

I used to be an original trilogy purist too but lately I’ve adopted the mindset that the original 1977 film is on a bit of a higher caliber than the rest of them (and even that one has its flaws). So really I just watch all of starwars now with my brain “switched off” a bit.

• Like 1

Clone Wars is the purest Star Wars. Its GL immersed in the world he created. And it seems that Favrau and Filoni agree with me that its the purest! Because they are featuring so much from it. (No surprise about Filoni!)

ESB makes me chuckle - Landos head of security :lol:. Its touted as the "darker one" despite said head of security. And despite that its an f'n romance. The original theatrical release poster had Han and Leia about to kiss in the very centre of the poster. Yeah, Ill take Luke dueling Vader and let the 'tough guy fans' enjoy the romance!

The Yoda eating Lukes food is super cute. And the unintentional hilarity of Luke doing a hand stand with Yoda balanced on his foot :lol:

And whats with all the praise for the script? With painful exposition like "Han, old buddy." To remind us that time has passed and Luke and Han are now old buddies. Sigh.

But Baby Yoda eating everyones food makes me wanna watch ESB :headbang:

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I used to tout ESB as “perfect” like everyone else but when you take off the nostalgia goggles you really see that it isn’t. I’m actually writing a series of blog posts about that currently.

Id love to read your blog!

But no worries if you like to keep that separate from here or for any reason would prefer not to share it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Empire is miles above every other Star Wars, and I'm including the original and Jedi there also. 

These two articles don’t go as in-depth as mine will but they do a good job summarizing the same feelings that I have:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200430-star-wars-why-the-empire-strikes-back-is-overrated

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2019/09/how-the-empire-strikes-back-ruined-star-wars/

I suppose I shouldn’t be trying to tell you how to think, but it’s this “original trilogy elitism” amongst the fandom that has ruined things more than anything else. It makes sense tho, since pretty much everyone on the internet today was a toddler when they first saw those three films.

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Empire is miles above every other Star Wars, and I'm including the original and Jedi there also. 

You really should check out Clone Wars sometime. It gets to its legendary status by season 3-4, but I like the film and firsts seasons too.

If you have Disney+ there is about 10 episodes that they have categorized as "Essential Episodes" could be a neat entry. Dont forget that GL was still at the helm for this!