Copyright Strikes....

and that is why i love, i really love when people come here in this forum to say that "Axl Rose has a vision for GNR"

He does, it involves clearing off his various mortgages and the financing of his sports cars, Audemars watches and Halloween parties.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

Different sites have different methods of processing claims. Metro is maybe the easiest, so its first. Maybe Metro is more like YT and just removes everything thats claimed without investigation? Hopefully others are more rigorous and investigate claims.

I just had an idea: Someone start a lyric site. Wait for the claim from bagel boy, then proceed with due diligence and contact the actual copy holders to ask if bagel is working on their behalf?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Different sites have different methods of processing claims. Metro is maybe the easiest, so its first. Maybe Metro is more like YT and just removes everything thats claimed without investigation? Hopefully others are more rigorous and investigate claims.

I just had an idea: Someone start a lyric site. Wait for the claim from bagel boy, then proceed with due diligence and contact the actual copy holders to ask if bagel is working on their behalf?

Sharing fake bootlegs could also be hilarious. Just imagine forcing them to download ~1GB over and over, just to find that just about all them contains something ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, soon said:

It would take 2-3 minutes tops to start a Wix/similar site and paste a few sets of lyrics on it. I'd do it if I cared enough, but I don't. :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

This has got to the point where these actions must almost certainly be sanctioned by Team Brazil or the band's label. How a band, that mostly survived on fan loyalty and contributions during its stagnant periods, can be okay with this is beyond me.

And the band mostly survived thanks the Internet too.

• Like 2

It might well be a another party involved in this. MetallicA have had to get involved numerous times as their legal team have read the riot act over all sorts of ‘copyright infringement’. One of them related to a lipstick called MetallicA for example!

43 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Prince did something similar to the point he was suing fans for posting bootlegs. I respect copyright law, but without fans, you're nothing and with that fandom comes a culture of sharing. It generates and maintains a buzz and interest. I have recordings of Axl the day Use Your Illusion came out saying "hey, if you can't afford it, steal it". I question how involved the band is with this. Feels like overreaching management. 

That’s what I was saying above - it smacks of over-zealous legal representation.

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

This has got to the point where these actions must almost certainly be sanctioned by Team Brazil or the band's label. How a band, that mostly survived on fan loyalty and contributions during its stagnant periods, can be okay with this is beyond me.

Fernando claimed he wasn't aware of it a while back. Designing useless merchandise will do that to a person I suppose. I'm sure Beta has some involvement in this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

I really don't think the band themselves are even aware of the takedowns, or the magnitude of it

Management then, although Rose does have a history of censorship stretching back to the Illusion era. Heck, it was only a few years ago Rose was trying to get his fat pictures banned from the internet haha.

If Del's hyperbolic meltdown over bootlegging is even the slightest reflection of the prevalent opinion at HQ? And Russ didn't receive much back when they (management) were presented with the evidence of threats, not even a base rebuttal? And just how much power can this Alfred nerd have? A remit which allows him to take down material from major social media operators like youtube and twitter? Nahh. It is the band or at a minimum Team Brazil. Has to be.