Copyright Strikes....

30 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

That doesn't explain why literally everything, including classic Guns shows, is being purged.

Knowing a bit about them, they view it all the same as demos/leaks/etc. It’s copyrighted material. They aren’t going to fight to have that stuff be available. I’m not sure if they meant for fan shot vids to be a part of it, but they most likely gave those two bozos free reign to take down whatever they see fit.

As a digital strategy in 2019, it’s mind numbingly short sighted. Good luck with that. Normal fans outside of the “board community” are getting social media strikes/banned as a result. It’s a great way to not guarantee repeat business for the next tour, merch sale, or album. That’s for sure 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

That is totally true.  Ultimately you can be GNR or be like any other band in the world and realize that monetarily fan live videos don't hurt business and in fact are a great promotional tool in the 21st century that help maintain and foster fan communities.  If they aren't going to give us new songs, they can at least let us enjoy the seven millionth performance of Jungle from last week

I wonder if it's a case of them not being fully confident in how the band and Axyl sounds, and not wanting the negative comments/feedback.

Regardless it is a shame can anyone think of other bands that do this to the same extreme?

29 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

I wonder if it's a case of them not being fully confident in how the band and Axyl sounds, and not wanting the negative comments/feedback.

Regardless it is a shame can anyone think of other bands that do this to the same extreme?

It's not GNR taking down videos. It's some guys with nothing better to do than annoy GNR fans.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Last year Frans N' Roses was the greatest thing I've ever experienced as a Guns fan ... Every day after work I looked forward to what new GnFnR upload Frans had in store ... I used to have a playlist of a bunch of HQ full shows to listen to provided by Frans of course but now we're left with scraps :( 

Same, loved his channel.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Last year Frans N' Roses was the greatest thing I've ever experienced as a Guns fan ... Every day after work I looked forward to what new GnFnR upload Frans had in store ... I used to have a playlist of a bunch of HQ full shows to listen to provided by Frans of course but now we're left with scraps :( 

I miss the channel with the complete audio bootleg collection from 1986 - 1989 :-( He was ready to upload all audio bootlegs from 1991 - 1993. Some audio were awful.. and some were amazing with good quality. He had the first leg of the Appetite Of Destruction Tour in 1987 in audio. "Anything Goes (Appetite Version)" & "Think About You" were fixed songs on the setlist on the first leg. Later in 1987, both songs were gone from the setlist. I miss the channel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

@FRANSAD is the goddamn man. The GN'R community is in desperate need of more fans like him and less "fans" like mojo.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@FRANSAD is the goddamn man. The GN'R community is in desperate need of more fans like him and less "fans" like mojo.

Funnily enough, Mojo's site is completely dead now.  He's opened the forum back up publicly but it averages less than a post a day and there is no activity there at all.  It's pretty much Mojo and Cineater.

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pele said:

Funnily enough, Mojo's site is completely dead now.  He's opened the forum back up publicly but it averages less than a post a day and there is no activity there at all.  It's pretty much Mojo and Cineater.

I didn't know it had been opened to the public again, but I'm not surprised at all to hear it's dead now. I would assume the Nightrain forum is dead too. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I didn't know it had been opened to the public again, but I'm not surprised at all to hear it's dead now. I would assume the Nightrain forum is dead too. 

Yeah, take a look (just for the laughs).  Virtually nothing posted except by Mojo - which was always going to happen.  The idea of that guy running a community was a joke.  His whole persona was blurring the lines between being Axl or an insider (depending on his target).  Now that's been shattered, he has nothing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Anyone got a list of all the forums he has killed?

None really, only his own when he finally got the opportunity to run one.  On other peoples forums, he would create a whole load of drama until he was banned.

He has been a nuisance on them all over the years - just look back through his posts as 'Warchild' and 'Sailaway' on here, and 'Warchild' on Jarmo's forum.  He was banned from here (NewGnr, and ChineseDemocracy).

It's a different style of posting now.  Back then he was basically an Axl impersonator (without ever publicly saying it).  Now he still clings on to the lie that he's a studio tech in LA....

Edited by Pele