Copyright Strikes....

Let’s think for a moment:

Who could be the person interested in not having a live video on Youtube? I can only think of Axl. Any other guesses? It’s clear that Slash or Duff don’t give a shit. Although I think Axl is doing a good (sometimes great) job, we all know he’s not the 28 year old Axl that everyone loves.

Here’s what I think: Axl doesn’t want the videos on YT and TB is probably helping/covering for someone taking the videos down. TB cannot expose the real situation so they take the blame, fabs already hate them. At some point, Beta gets tired of the accusations and theories and makes a big scene. Sure she or Fernando don’t know how to handle stuff publicly, but they’re doing it because Axl wants them to do so. Why the hell would they do it for no reason, if Axl didn’t ask them?

That’s what I think.

Edit to add that I completely understand the frustration, but comments trying to diminish her because she was his maid are completely low and unnecessary.

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Who could be the person interested in not having a live video on Youtube? I can only think of Axl. Any other guesses? It’s clear that Slash or Duff don’t give a shit. Although I think Axl is doing a good (sometimes great) job, we all know he’s not the 28 year old Axl that everyone loves.

Here’s what I think: Axl doesn’t want the videos on YT and TB is probably helping/covering for someone taking the videos down. TB cannot expose the real situation so they take the blame, fabs already hate them. At some point, Beta gets tired of the accusations and theories and makes a big scene. Sure she or Fernando don’t know how to handle stuff publicly, but they’re doing it because Axl wants them to do so. Why the hell would they do it for no reason, if Axl didn’t ask them?

That’s what I think.

"Rumour" was they were getting them taken down ready for when the uyi boxes comes out and thats why they targeted the channels with the most video first.

8 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

That’s what I think.

Most likely. I don’t think TB is necessarily “dumb”, they have enough knowledge to know how things operate and what happens in the music business. The stance is coming from somewhere and most likely from the top. The execution/handling of it is definitely suspect and on them however

Let’s not pretend some of this behavior didn’t exist with other managers. This is an instance where someone needs to step in. It’s just mind numbingly inept for 2019

Edited by guitarpatch

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the whole takedown circus start with either Saskatoon or HOB? Wasn't it the whole drama between Alfred/MSL and Rick that started the whole thing?

Yep, Saskatoon is where it all started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When Axl didn't want fans with cameras at the shows, he was very vocal, as we all know, and there was a band policy about it.

So if that was the case with the fan filmed videos now, there could/would be a policy of banning cell phones. Other artists have done that, e.g. Jack White, and it would make more sense than allowing cell phones and taking the videos down afterwards. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kever20 said:

The curtain has fallen! Eddie Trunk being critical of Axl (validly), mods here being openly critical of Team Brazil (validly and the first time I can recall in a long time)... 

I just want to say how much I appreciate it!

Wait. What? I've always shot straight with respect to TB. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When Axl didn't want fans with cameras at the shows, he was very vocal, as we all know, and there was a band policy about it.

So if that was the case with the fan filmed videos now, there could/would be a policy of banning cell phones. Other artists have done that, e.g. Jack White, and it would make more sense than allowing cell phones and taking the videos down afterwards. 

Yeah. Didn't I see that on one of the last shows the ticket said: no video or streaming?

I've no idea if that's always been on the tickets, but it was posted in one of the last show threads, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That happened in the 1900s. It would look really bad for him to make that kind of demand in 2019. But apparently there is. Someone posted the other day something (I think it was a ticket or something) saying that streaming and recording was forbidden. If I’m not mistaken it’s on some of the latest shows thread.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah. Didn't I see that on one of the last shows the ticket said: no video or streaming?

I've no idea if that's always been on the tickets, but it was posted in one of the last show threads, I think.

It was? I didn't notice it.

I remember seeing tickets from previous shows on this tour saying that only professional cameras weren't allowed. 

4 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

That happened in the 1900s. It would look really bad for him to make that kind of demand in 2019. But apparently there is. Someone posted the other day something (I think it was a ticket or something) saying that streaming and recording was forbidden. If I’m not mistaken it’s on some of the latest shows thread.

I don't think it would look so bad for him, since other artists have been doing it and he is "famous" for that anyway :lol:

Moreover, now there is technology that can enforce the banning of cell phones without security etc. been involved.

Just now, Lio said:

I think @BlueJean Baby posted it first, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks!

That’s what I was talking about.

So, don’t you all think that taking the videos down looks like an Axl’s kind of decision? Just think about it for a second.

As I said before, sure TB doesn’t know how to handle the situations publicly because they’re personally involved with Axl, but IMO they’re clearly doing the dirty work and taking the blame for Axl.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think @BlueJean Baby posted it first, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks! Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the policy against recording/streaming through cell phones must be new and there wasn't such rule before during this tour.

In any case, they are now clearly saying that they don't want fan shot videos. This is not a fan friendly policy, for sure, but at least they've made their position officially clear.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think it would look so bad for him, since other artists have been doing it and he is "famous" for that anyway :lol:

I don’t think he still wants to be known as the guy who used to do that kind of stuff, because that’s really pathetic. Much more convenient having someone to do it for you.

• Like 1

Just now, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I don’t think he still wants to be known as the guy who used to do that kind of stuff, because that’s really pathetic. Much more convenient having someone to do it for you.

It's on the tickets, though (I didn't know that before @Lio). So he/they say openly that they are still against filming. And, like I said, since there is a cell phone prohibition policy now, there are more quite and efficient ways to enforce it. There is no need to jump into the crowd, involve security or have people looking for videos on youtube to take them down afterwards.

12 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Thanks!

That’s what I was talking about.

So, don’t you all think that taking the videos down looks like an Axl’s kind of decision? Just think about it for a second.

As I said before, sure TB doesn’t know how to handle the situations publicly because they’re personally involved with Axl, but IMO they’re clearly doing the dirty work and taking the blame for Axl.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks! Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the policy against recording/streaming through cell phones must be new and there wasn't such rule before during this tour.

In any case, they are now clearly saying that they don't want fan shot videos. This is not a fan friendly policy, for sure, but at least they've made their position officially clear.

Yeah, could very well be. Still a bit odd they asked fans to upload their videos of the tour just last week.

EDIT: and Beta said that she sees live videos as promotion. So not exactly a clear stance on that at all.

Edited by Lio
  • Like 2

What is crazy about this, is that I saw Tool last weekend.  Except for the last song they had a strict "no taping" policy and I even got a warning by security for taking a photo with my phone of the stage before the show even started

Yet they aren't even taking down youtube videos of the concert that people sneakily took, they are up and will forever be up.   You can find any song from that show on Youtube right now, yet these clowns in the case of GNR are making it so that even the 10th million performance of WTTJ can't be viewed by people when it will have absolutely no impact on GNR except for happier fans

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Could be policy of the place they played? because that is not a ticket, is like a sheet of the place.

• Like 1