Copyright Strikes....

14 hours ago, Cass said:

IDK if this was posted already, it's quite old but has a lot of interesting insights on the takedowns subject. Ofc GNR gets a mention too.

That was interesting.  He said it wasn't automated but that's damn quick that he's live and getting copyright strikes.  That to me says automated.

He said he didn't have any proof and was just reasoning it out from his experience in the business.  He ultimately blamed the artist for the strikes but he was talking about Ozzy as an example.  I seem to remember Ozzy didn't own his music and had to put up a legal fight to separate himself from the person/business who did, Sharon's dad.  I think that finally happened after Randy died.

You don't hear any of the artist talking about what's going with the copyright strikes.  He pointed out it's happening with a lot of artist.  You'd think at least one of them would blow the whistle if it was an option for them to participate. 

If you can't find a lawyer who will take you for your money, even though they know you're on the losing end, it must be a complicated issue that involves big business.  I don't know that it would be worth the expense for an individual artist to attempt it on their own.  Looks like it's a class action sort of thing.  I don't know who would get all these artist together to file one to try to stop it. 

I don't know.  It's a passing thought thing for me.  Maybe if enough people bitch about it something will change.  I'm not ready to blame GNR for this.  Wouldn't even ask them to put their neck out there.  Maybe they are doing something.  They took on Azzoff.  But you keep your mouth shut when it's legal stuff.  I can't believe they are die hard against the fans being able to put stuff on youtube.  They let Jarmo's site cover the concerts with live streams and they could have put a stop to that in a heartbeat if they wanted to.  Fernando even supplied somebody with batteries one time to keep a stream going.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

A lot of people seem convinced that Pele is actually mojo. We've never been able to prove it, so we have to just let it be. 

Oh see now, I thought it was you or one of the other people playing games with him.  I just started participating on this board not too long ago and don't have all the dealings with the folks you have history on.  Seriously, I'm above board.  I've been behind board when it was fun but that was years ago.  I'm not playing GNR espionage.  I'm just hanging out.

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh see now, I thought it was you or one of the other people playing games with him.  I just started participating on this board not too long ago and don't have all the dealings with the folks you have history on.  Seriously, I'm above board.  I've been behind board when it was fun but that was years ago.  I'm not playing GNR espionage.  I'm just hanging out.

Wait.... You mean that you thought I was running the Pele account? 

If I'm understanding that right, the answer is definitely no lol. I've actually never had an alt account on any board and I've always used the same user name on every forum. 

I've seen Pele go on about you posting at mojos board, but that's really not my business anyway. More than a few people seem to think he's mojo anyways. Who knows, it's all such a mess lol. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait.... You mean that you thought I was running the Pele account? 

If I'm understanding that right, the answer is definitely no lol. I've actually never had an alt account on any board and I've always used the same user name on every forum. 

I've seen Pele go on about you posting at mojos board, but that's really not my business anyway. More than a few people seem to think he's mojo anyways. Who knows, it's all such a mess lol. 

You know I gave you the benefit of doubt but look at it from my side of the screen.  I show up at this board, pop my head out of the off topics section once in a while and suddenly total strangers are telling me I go to another board, they want to know why and are accusing me of being involved in something I'm not or care to even know about.  It's creepy!  I feel like I'm being spied on and harrassed.  Stuff I've seen you say has that has happen to other posters and didn't feel was right.  When you didn't throw that guy out I assumed you agreed with what he was doing to me.

If you feel as am admin it's none of your business when people to do that to other people, it's your board, I'll adjust to the flavor of the board.  It's just so weird to be involved in something like this.  It's okay, I'm not freaking.  It's kind of nice to let my bitch off the ground once in a while.  I wait for the gang bang, she needs the exercise so it's not so hard for me to keep her down there, lol.  I'm no match for Axl in a good rant but I can make people wish I'd stop talking.

15 hours ago, cineater said:

You know I gave you the benefit of doubt but look at it from my side of the screen.  I show up at this board, pop my head out of the off topics section once in a while and suddenly total strangers are telling me I go to another board, they want to know why and are accusing me of being involved in something I'm not or care to even know about.  It's creepy!  I feel like I'm being spied on and harrassed.  Stuff I've seen you say has that has happen to other posters and didn't feel was right.  When you didn't throw that guy out I assumed you agreed with what he was doing to me.

If you feel as am admin it's none of your business when people to do that to other people, it's your board, I'll adjust to the flavor of the board.  It's just so weird to be involved in something like this.  It's okay, I'm not freaking.  It's kind of nice to let my bitch off the ground once in a while.  I wait for the gang bang, she needs the exercise so it's not so hard for me to keep her down there, lol.  I'm no match for Axl in a good rant but I can make people wish I'd stop talking.

OK, you totally lost me here. 

You're not being mistreated in any way, shape or form. The only thing that's happened to you here is that Pele regularly says that you're active on the GN'R Truth forum. As far as I've seen, you've never denied that in the past year or so until recently where you started saying you don't have an account there. Wherever else you might post is none of my business, so couldn't care less one way or the other about that. Just recently you started saying someone started a fake account for you over there and again, I have no idea if that's true. Doesn't really effect our forum either way. 

That's the only thing I've seen Pele post about you. It doesn't even remotely come close to "stalking" in my opinion. And it sure as hell doesn't come close to the threats others have had to deal with, so I have no clue how you came about the notion to lump yourself in with those other people. 

Also, you lost me with the entire last half of that last paragraph. I truly have no idea what you're even trying to say. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You're not being mistreated in any way, shape or form. The only thing that's happened to you here is that Pele regularly says that you're active on the GN'R Truth forum. As far as I've seen, you've never denied that in the past year or so until recently where you started saying you don't have an account there. Wherever else you might post is none of my business, so couldn't care less one way or the other about that. Just recently you started saying someone started a fake account for you over there and again, I have no idea if that's true. Doesn't really effect our forum either way. 

That's the only thing I've seen Pele post about you. It doesn't even remotely come close to "stalking" in my opinion. And it sure as hell doesn't come close to the threats others have had to deal with, so I have no clue how you came about the notion to lump yourself in with those other people. 

Also, you lost me with the entire last half of that last paragraph. I truly have no idea what you're even trying to say. 

Yeah I do lose people. :lol:  I write a little bit and the style spills over into things.  Just skim over it.  It's like lyrics, so many things rolled into one.

Wait, never said I don't have an account over there.  I do and I post there.  Never said anything about a fake account.  Where did that come from?  

See I think that too.  Wherever I go on the net shouldn't matter to anyone else.  It's not open for discussion.  Want to have a conversation about something you saw me say somewhere else, we can do that.  But that's not what this person is talking about.  All those other people who had to deal with worse, it probably started like this.  Yeah, I think this guy qualifies as a stalker and an internet bully.  He's got something going on about me in his head and it's not a good thing.  If you notice, I've never participated in any of those conversations about that board or what other people have been up to.  That whole thing doesn't interest me but there's a group of people who are interested in it.  You can't help but notice if you come to this board.  I don't want any part of it, including having to keep my name out of it.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:20 AM, cineater said:

Don't know the place.  Guys if you've got any facts other than guilt by association, let me know.  Not that I can do anything about somebody faking to be me but at least I can give you the fact, it's not me. 

The other guy you're talking about, doesn't tell me who I can talk to or what boards I can post at, unlike the two of you.   

Here's a post from you in this same thread where you claim to not know what GNR Truth is and then go on to say that somebody is faking being you. 

Either way, you're not being "stalked" and to make the suggestion that we would allow someone to stalk you is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah I do lose people. :lol:  I write a little bit and the style spills over into things.  Just skim over it.  It's like lyrics, so many things rolled into one.

Wait, never said I don't have an account over there.  I do and I post there.  Never said anything about a fake account.  Where did that come from?  

See I think that too.  Wherever I go on the net shouldn't matter to anyone else.  It's not open for discussion.  Want to have a conversation about something you saw me say somewhere else, we can do that.  But that's not what this person is talking about.  All those other people who had to deal with worse, it probably started like this.  Yeah, I think this guy qualifies as a stalker and an internet bully.  He's got something going on about me in his head and it's not a good thing.  If you notice, I've never participated in any of those conversations about that board or what other people have been up to.  That whole thing doesn't interest me but there's a group of people who are interested in it.  You can't help but notice if you come to this board.  I don't want any part of it, including having to keep my name out of it.

The formatting is weird on this reply, but see above... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cineater said:

Cin, you are a respected member of the GN'R community from times gone by, from before a time when most people ever registered anywhere. You are GN'R Bar material, or for forums from times that do not exist anymore, so it's tough times now.

Russ is fine too, and is not Pele.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, RussTCB said:

A lot of people seem convinced that Pele is actually mojo. We've never been able to prove it, so we have to just let it be. 

Not keen on the phrasing of this :lol:

Until I got involved - you all thought Mojo was that woman from Florida.  I have proven beyond any reasonable doubt who Mojo is and sent the info to the admins.

I believe this has helped the situation, as he now understands he is no longer anonymous. 

Suggesting I am he isn't really helpful, and I think it's pretty unfair.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Agree, she's not being mistreated and I've never said anything personal about Cineater.

But anyone in doubt, just take a look over at GnrTruth.  Cineater is effectively the only one chatting to Mojo, thus keeping his forum clinging to life.

I just find that sketchy.  I guess it's not a crime, but given the nature of that guy it's baffling to a lot of us here why she does this.

I'd agree with her though, she's never got involved in any of the forum dramas over the years.  She's certainly not like his other disciples (EmoAnnie, Maribeth etc etc).

Stalked is a ridiculous claim to make to be fair.  I've no idea who she is, and have never cared.  All I know is that she was his buddy on the MSL forum and a regular on Truth.

Edited by Pele

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

Not keen on the phrasing of this :lol:

Until I got involved - you all thought Mojo was that woman from Florida.  I have proven beyond any reasonable doubt who Mojo is and sent the info to the admins.

I believe this has helped the situation, as he now understands he is no longer anonymous. 

Suggesting I am he isn't really helpful, and I think it's pretty unfair.

As I've told you many, many times; I honestly couldn't care less who "mojo" is in real life. Our site also has zero interest in spreading any sort of private information about anyone, let alone that person. 

Also, I'm not the one who suggested you're actually mojo. Someone else said it and I quoted them saying many others have said the same thing. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

As I've told you many, many times; I honestly couldn't care less who "mojo" is in real life. Our site also has zero interest in spreading any sort of private information about anyone, let alone that person. 

Also, I'm not the one who suggested you're actually mojo. Someone else said it and I quoted them saying many others have said the same thing. 

Yeah, I've had it loads of times.  And I'm not interested in publicly doxxing the guy.

I feel it's important he knows that he's not able to harass members anonymously now and I think his behavior has calmed down a lot.

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

Agree, she's not being mistreated and I've never said anything personal about Cineater.

But anyone in doubt, just take a look over at GnrTruth.  Cineater is effectively the only one chatting to Mojo, thus keeping his forum clinging to life.

I just find that sketchy.  I guess it's not a crime, but given the nature of that guy it's baffling to a lot of us here why she does this.

I'd agree with her though, she's never got involved in any of the forum dramas over the years.  She's certainly not like his other disciples (EmoAnnie, Maribeth etc etc).

Stalked is a ridiculous claim to make to be fair.  I've no idea who she is, and have never cared.  All I know is that she was his buddy on the MSL forum and a regular on Truth.

It is not baffling. Cineater is an old Gnr fan from the forums, she frequented other forums that were closed, and went where she went. You are new user who came along years after many of us were here. I get you have your issues, but listen to what people are saying. 

1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

It is not baffling. Cineater is an old Gnr fan from the forums, she frequented other forums that were closed, and went where she went. You are new user who came along years after many of us were here. I get you have your issues, but listen to what people are saying. 

I know she is.  All I'm saying is she's ultimately responsible for GNRTruth still being active, and I think it's strange, given what most of us know about Mojo.

You disagree, which is fine.

19 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm sorry - I don't want you to feel bad on here.  You're obviously really nice and I'm not spying on you!

All I know about you is your username!

I'll never understand why you choose to be friends with this individual given what we all know - but ultimately it's your business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I know she is.  All I'm saying is she's ultimately responsible for GNRTruth still being active, and I think it's strange, given what most of us know about Mojo.

You disagree, which is fine.

No she isn't. Mojo Is.

People leave forums and gravitate towards whatever is next. It is what it is.

21 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Cin, you are a respected member of the GN'R community from times gone by, from before a time when most people ever registered anywhere. You are GN'R Bar material, or for forums from times that do not exist anymore, so it's tough times now.

Russ is fine too, and is not Pele.

Thanks for that.  I don't deserve any kind of respect.  I just hang out.  Why I've been around so long, who knows.  I miss those old forums.  I had a really good time.  Long time since anybody called me Cin.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Without her, he'd be talking to himself.  But yeah - he may get some new members.....

You know, if you have business with this person that's up to you.  You are not the police of the GNR boards.  The rest of us don't want to be involved in whatever you want to see happen.  At least I think the rest of us want that.  I don't speak for the board.

• 3 weeks later...