Copyright Strikes....

This guy has some amazing drumming videos... Motley, QOTSA, Blink, Foo.

The only video of his without a backing track due to copyright: GNR.... rock n' roll. That's how you court the next generation of fans!

(still rocks, though, so f you). 

Edited by Ant

On 02/02/2020 at 3:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

Hardly Guns N Roses fault that Youtube/Google accept takedowns from any old cunt with an email address.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Hardly Guns N Roses fault that Youtube/Google accept takedowns from any old cunt with an email address.

Correct, but we know for a fact that this isn't just anyone doing it. That's also been made clear to GN'R and their management. 

This has been discussed to death over and over though. Not something I've put any thought or energy into since I left the leadership staff for this site. 

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

Who is the CEO of YT? Call that mothafucka. Or just tweet him/her/it.

Yeah. I've always considered preposterous that belief like "it's all done by algorithms, and there's absolutely nothing anyone could do about it". That's bullshit. It started some way, and it can be at least regulated again. And I don't doubt that Guns/TB have enough resources and contacts to get in touch with relevant CEOs who actually could step in. The problem is - why would they bother. TB don't seem to think it's harming the band, and Axl's never been big on bootlegs anyway, so... I wouldn't expect much in this case. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah. I've always considered preposterous that belief like "it's all done by algorithms, and there's absolutely nothing anyone could do about it". That's bullshit. It started some way, and it can be at least regulated again. And I don't doubt that Guns/TB have enough resources and contacts to get in touch with relevant CEOs who actually could step in. The problem is - why would they bother. TB don't seem to think it's harming the band, and Axl's never been big on bootlegs anyway, so... I wouldn't expect much in this case. 

500 hours of content is uploaded to YouTube every minute. It would take one person 60,000 years of non-stop viewing to watch it all, if nothing more was added. They couldn't give two monkeys about Guns.

28 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

500 hours of content is uploaded to YouTube every minute. It would take one person 60,000 years of non-stop viewing to watch it all, if nothing more was added. They couldn't give two monkeys about Guns.

I'm not contesting that or the fact it's run by robots. I'm saying something could be done about it had someone wanted. It doesn't happen - in this extent - with other bands. See all those various montages with only Guns missing. It's just pathetic. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's talking about the video in this thread: 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223651-top-20-debut-albums-youtube-video/

It's not GnR who blocked it, though, but King Crimson :lol: (The top debut albums video still plays for me - maybe the blocking is country specific? - EDIT: He says he re-uploaded it without the King Crimson snippet)

Anyway, it's worth watching for an insight on the overall copyright strikes issue. Don Henley pays 60 people to take down videos!

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

He's talking about the video in this thread: 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223651-top-20-debut-albums-youtube-video/

It's not GnR who blocked it, though, but King Crimson :lol: (The top debut albums video still plays for me - maybe the blocking is country specific?)

Anyway, it's worth watching for an insight on the overall copyright strikes issue. Don Henley pays 60 people to take down videos!

I loooooooove the part where he went off about Henley. 

• Like 1

The recent Senate sub-committee hearing where Don Henley spoke:

Hearing the "60 people" part again, Henley says that it's UMG who employs these 60 people to take down videos on behalf of the Eagles. I think it's safe to assume that this UMG copyright team is not focused exclusively on Eagles and Henley videos, but is also responsible for taking down videos for other UMG artists as well.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Literally 77 pages of absolute waste of energy.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I did not see the page count, no. 232. Wow. But this thread is so fucking redundant. It’s the equivalent of bitching about being cheated on years after the fact. Like, move on.

Alternatively you could, you know, not look at the thread?

You've added two comments to it in the last 6 hours which certainly helps keep it going! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MusicRockRevolution said:

Guys I really don't understand this, there are still many footages of gnr on YouTube that aren't being taken down. But most of you guys have gotten your video taken down, how this system even work. 

Because the people that take down videos don't go to YouTube and search for videos to report. They just report the ones that are shared here or on Facebook groups (or even Twitter accounts). So if you search for a particular video and you don't share it somewhere, it will probably stay uploaded.

This also applies to all platforms that support videos and also file sharing websites.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 03/08/2020 at 7:46 PM, RussTCB said:

The fact remains that Fernando continues to outright lie about not knowing who was involved with the take downs. Not only does he know exactly who did it, he's also aware that the people who did it claimed they were working on behalf of GN'R and TB. 

I've still yet to see any proof that any of TB are implicit to any of these take downs. Does proof exist?

On 21/07/2020 at 12:08 AM, Blackstar said:

Hearing the "60 people" part again, Henley says that it's UMG who employs these 60 people to take down videos on behalf of the Eagles. I think it's safe to assume that this UMG copyright team is not focused exclusively on Eagles and Henley videos, but is also responsible for taking down videos for other UMG artists as well.

"Overly burdensome on the artist" - lol

13 hours ago, MusicRockRevolution said:

Guys I really don't understand this, there are still many footages of gnr on YouTube that aren't being taken down. But most of you guys have gotten your video taken down, how this system even work. 

Most of the takedowns were done by 2 desperate wannabes, trying to ingratiate themselves to TB/the band. They hate this forum, yet try endlessly to join :lol:

Sadly they target us and it means we can't allow YT videos here, unless they are official ie; GNR or Vevo

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1