Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

10 minutes ago, action said:

ah, the greta thread popping up again.

I just wondered the other day, with people in lockdown all over the world and economic activity lessening as a result, how this will have affected CO2 emissions in 2020. I'd love to see numbers on that.

Because I can not see how you can ask of people, to act more.... let we say modest than we have been this year. I can not see, what more people can do in terms of leading a less environmentally demanding lifestyle, than we already do (unless you ask people to stop breathing).

The rest, is now up to the big companies which pose a collossal burden to the environment. Strangely, it's the working folk that has to do the effort first, and the big companies can do as they were, or even expanding their activities.

First, yes, CO[sub]2[/sub] emissions have dropped this year, so yes, that proves to us that we can change our behaviour in ways that reduce our carbon footprint (re: your previous belief that we can't change).

Secondly, the necessary changes is not supposed to come from ordinary people primarily. This is just something people like @DieselDaisy claims so that he can conclude that it is impossible and hence he can go on continuing to not caring about the environment. The heaviest burden falls on the industry. It is the industry that needs to change. 

• 2 weeks later...