Dizzy Reed Reveals His Feelings on the Guns N’ Roses Reunion

I like Dizzy, definitely not a keyboard virtuoso or anything but he plays Estranged live to this day really well and captures the vibe Axl laid down with his own piano playing for the studio version of the song, and did some cool stuff in the band.  I always liked his little solo on the Tokyo/Live Era version of Move to the City

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-15 at 4:23 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

To date I still don’t get all the hate for Dizzy. 

After all these years he still places himself in the background and is doing nothing but a proper job. He is not screaming for fame or attention like other people (would) do being in his shoes. 

Indeed, he is no guy with rockstar charisma BUT in no way he pretends to be such a guy and that is why he gets my respect.

Well written 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

Didn’t read. I can guess:

”yeah man... axl writes great tunes”  

one guy who who happened to be in the right place at the right time in Hollywood. Adds nothing to true GNR.

fuck off dizzy, you’d be living in a trailer park if it weren’t for axl forcing you on everyone in the band.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Didn’t read. I can guess:

”yeah man... axl writes great tunes”  

one guy who who happened to be in the right place at the right time in Hollywood. Adds nothing to true GNR.

fuck off dizzy, you’d be living in a trailer park if it weren’t for axl forcing you on everyone in the band.

Damn, remind me to not get on your bad side.

• Haha 3

To my surprise Dizzy actually has passable songs (not that much overdosed with keyboards and with rather nice guitar soloing), some of which are at least not worse than half of anything on ChiDem or even better:

Edited by tadskis

I have no problem with Dizzy.. I just look at him a as a touring musician. I think he a semi important part of the live show. I don't really think he needs to be out there for every song and definitely not playing keyboards on Nightrain.. I also think he is perfectly capable of adding any extra piano/keyboard and "layers" without having a second keyboardist on stage.. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:52 PM, tadskis said:

To my surprise Dizzy actually has passable songs (not that much overdosed with keyboards and with rather nice guitar soloing), some of which are at least not worse than half of anything on ChiDem or even better:

I actually have this album; since I saw him play in Sydney last year I thought it would be a nice memento, cause the show wasn't bad. Haven't given it a spin yet, though. 

Well that's my main issue with Dizzy. I do think he's a decent keyboardist, he's just nothing... exciting, I guess. In my eyes he's totally benign... there are others who need to be removed first.  

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have no problem with Dizzy.. I just look at him a as a touring musician. I think he a semi important part of the live show. I don't really think he needs to be out there for every song and definitely not playing keyboards on Nightrain.. I also think he is perfectly capable of adding any extra piano/keyboard and "layers" without having a second keyboardist on stage.. 

I actually like his piano part on Nightrain but you're right, it's not necessary and he doesn't need to be there for all the songs. Although he does do a bunch of backing vocals.