PC gaming chatter

On 30/06/2020 at 1:48 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I think what I'll do is stick with my 1440p monitor at 75fps and if necessary turn down to 1080p and then I'll get a 4K 144+fps monitor and hopefully the latest GPU has been discounted by then. If the 30 series is overpriced like the 20 series then nvidia can piss off and I'll switch to Radeon as soon as they release high end cards.

PM me your steam I'll add you later. I played the Halo 3 pc beta btw and it was awesome, buttery smooth.

So I wasn't 100% happy with the performance on first impression. Had a look at my rig and decided that the one thing it was missing was a decent SSD. Just installed an M.2 boot drive and it's fucking flying now. Games run soooooooo much better with the extra data transfer speed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 1:36 PM, Oldest Goat said:

@Iron MikeyJ (and anyone else) get an Xbox controller and get 'Binary Domain', 'SpecOps The Line' and 'Enslaved Odyssey to the West'.

I may have recommended these before. I recommend them to everyone because they're criminally underrated. Each of them have a lot of heart and are now cheap. 

Lol I have these three in my backlog to play. I tried Binary Domain with my Xbox One controller but turns out it doesn't support it, ended up accidentally resetting my C drive trying to get it to work :P I have a 360 controller so I'll get around to it at some point.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Playing around with my new computer. Civilization VI is nice and all, and I love the game, but I want something to flex the muscles a bit. Downloading Doom now (used to play that one back in the 90s). Any good?

Do you have a Steam account? 

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Would you care to share it out of the thread to play Doom at some point? 

Doom Eternal is amazing. 

Two things:

1. I am abysmally bad. I tried Rainbow Six at the "newbie" mode and the first thing I did was drop a bomb at my feet and the next was to detonate it. A few laconic comments followed from my team mates before I disconnected.

2. My gaming friends have been cheering when I finally bought a proper PC and now wants me to play some pirate game with them. 

But as soon as I have shaped up a bit and given my mates some quality time on the oceans, I am in!

• Like 1

They’ve just announced the 3080 and it’s 50% faster than a 2080Ti for about half the price. 

Fucking hell I’m going to have to sell my 2070 Super now. 🤮😭

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/watch-nvidias-rtx-3080-rip-and-tear-the-2080-ti-at-4k-in-doom-eternal/

Edited by Dazey

On 4-9-2020 at 7:55 PM, Dazey said:

They’ve just announced the 3080 and it’s 50% faster than a 2080Ti for about half the price. 

Fucking hell I’m going to have to sell my 2070 Super now. 🤮😭

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/watch-nvidias-rtx-3080-rip-and-tear-the-2080-ti-at-4k-in-doom-eternal/

Yeah it's pretty amazing and a massive boost compared to 1080-->2080. Nvidia made everything else obsolete.

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, Dazey said:

So this is my current set-up.

Intel i7-6700 3.4GHz

NVidia Geforce GTX1080 8GB GPU

16GB RAM

Corsair RM1000i power supply (1000W)

ASUS Strix ROG Z270 motherboard

Corsair Carbide 400C case 

1TB HDD

I'm planning to add liquid cooling, increase to 32GB RAM and most importantly I really need to get an SSD.

I’m considering a 2080Ti but I’m not sure if it’s enough of an upgrade for the cost. 

Rig upgrade.

AMD Ryzen 5900X CPU 3.7GHz with potential to OC to 4.7GHz

ASUS Strix ROG X570-E motherboard

Corsair H115i AIO Liquid Cooler 

NVidia Geforce RTX2070 Super 8GB GPU

16GB DDR4 RAM

Corsair RM1000i power supply (1000W)

Corsair Carbide 400C case 

512GB M.2 SSD

2 x 1TB HDD

This is how it's currently looking. Fucking BIOS issues! :lol: 

wbTjKbK.jpg 

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really want to update my BIOS but I'm so afraid I'll brick it lol.

Assuming I can find some bloody stock I'll be getting a SeriesX this year and then in 2 maybe even 3 years once the prices have normalized I'll go full retard and buy a state of the art $10K PC and hook it up to my 50inch 120hz TV. My 1080Ti is still managing to soldier on in the time being.

Woo hoo! Working! :lol: 

RQXusQL.jpg 

• 4 weeks later...