Which Slash interview is this

Nice Boy

I remember seeing one of his old interviews (90s) where he's talking about collaborations and he says "yeah I've done Carole King" and then realised that sounds like he meant he had sex with her, and he gets a bit embarrassed and laughs and says not 'done' her but you know what I mean...

Anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, that was before the Paris show.  You should check out Duff's interview, drunken hilarity.  It seemed Kurt Loder had the market cornered on TV interviews with Guns.

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, that was before the Paris show.  You should check out Duff's interview, drunken hilarity.  It seemed Kurt Loder had the market cornered on TV interviews with Guns.

There are clips from the Duff interview and the other interviews in Paris in this video too. It was an MTV special that was aired the day the tour with Metallica started and it had segments from different interviews, mostly from Paris and from the Freddie Mercury tribute. The Slash interview where he says that about Carole King was recorded backstage at the Freddie Mercury tribute.

Yeah, Kurt Loder was something like the official GNR MTV interviewer up to a point. Slash didn't like him and he was passive aggressive in the interviews sometimes :lol:

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There are clips from the Duff interview and the other interviews in Paris in this video too. It was an MTV special that was aired the day the tour with Metallica started and it had segments from different interviews, mostly from Paris and from the Freddie Mercury tribute. The Slash interview where he says that about Carole King was recorded backstage at the Freddie Mercury tribute.

Yeah, Kurt Loder was something like the official GNR MTV interviewer up to a point. Slash didn't like him and he was passive aggressive in the interviews sometimes :lol:

Gotcha, I actually taped those interviews on VHS when they aired on MTV.😄 I didn't know Slash didn't like Loder, pretty funny.  But it seems Axl had a certain level of trust with him.

5 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I didn't know Slash didn't like Loder, pretty funny.  

There is an interruption in this one here (the video is unedited) and around 7:55 Slash talks about Kurt Loder and an interview he had done with him (probably the one after the first show of the tour in Wisconsin). He says Loder was so boring that he didn't know who was gonna sleep first. Then he makes fun of him and says he's too serious and he wouldn't give him a joint because he can't get much slower. It's very funny :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is an interruption in this one here (the video is unedited) and around 7:55 Slash talks about Kurt Loder and an interview he had done with him (probably the one after the first show of the tour in Wisconsin). He says Loder was so boring that he didn't know who was gonna sleep first. Then he makes fun of him and says he's too serious and he wouldn't give him a joint because he can't get much slower. It's very funny :lol:

That is funny.  Whatever happened to Loder, havent heard about him in years.