The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

48 minutes ago, action said:

panspermia.

Back when I was doing my genetics degree I thought how cool it would be to discover some messages in our junk DNA, remnants of sequences inserted from our extraterrestrial creators before they seeded Earth 4 billion years ago with their designed microorganisms. It would be like messages from god. An aberration in our genetic makeup that could be deciphered and would let us know that our ancestors, those microorganisms that we have descended from, were carefully created by someone else, someone who wanted us to evolve and enjoy life and all that is good. And then I thought that even if this theory isn't true, even if life originated here on Earth and didn't come from outside, using our understanding of genetic engineering and synthetic biology we could still design our own microorganisms and send them into space in the hope of seeding the empty Universe with life. Pods of archaebacteria engineered to survive and transform other planets, becoming the seeds of extraterrestrial biospheres. And if we did so, vain as we are, we would naturally insert some sequences into these bacteria's DNA, little messages that perhaps, as evolution had done its thing, could be discovered and understood by some future intelligent creatures. And then we would be gods.  

43 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Back when I was doing my genetics degree I thought how cool it would be to discover some messages in our junk DNA, remnants of sequences inserted from our extraterrestrial creators before they seeded Earth 4 billion years ago with their designed microorganisms. It would be like messages from god. An aberration in our genetic makeup that could be deciphered and would let us know that our ancestors, those microorganisms that we have descended from, were carefully created by someone else, someone who wanted us to evolve and enjoy life and all that is good. And then I thought that even if this theory isn't true, even if life originated here on Earth and didn't come from outside, using our understanding of genetic engineering and synthetic biology we could still design our own microorganisms and send them into space in the hope of seeding the empty Universe with life. Pods of archaebacteria engineered to survive and transform other planets, becoming the seeds of extraterrestrial biospheres. And if we did so, vain as we are, we would naturally insert some sequences into these bacteria's DNA, little messages that perhaps, as evolution had done its thing, could be discovered and understood by some future intelligent creatures. And then we would be gods.  

you should look up the makeup of squid DNA sometime

if aliens are really advanced like they have to, to reach out to here, then they will have been smart enough to observe us a couple of years, to see what they have found.

they will see a species with very basic intelligence, constantly at war, polluting the earth, mistreating each other and other animals and having far inferior technology.

What could we possible have to offer that could even make them consider contacting us? the only thing I can see on earth that could have minor interest to aliens is raw materials

Edited by action

1 hour ago, action said:

if aliens are really advanced like they have to, to reach out to here, then they will have been smart enough to observe us a couple of years, to see what they have found.

they will see a species with very basic intelligence, constantly at war, polluting the earth, mistreating each other and other animals and having far inferior technology.

What could we possible have to offer that could even make them consider contacting us? the only thing I can see on earth that could have minor interest to aliens is raw materials

Exactly, maybe they are just laughing at us and think it's beneath them to have any formal relationship. Who knows, maybe they beam back a reality show to their home planet, "Stupid things humans do" like our version of Jackass.

Anyway, this phenomena is being treated seriously by the media for the first time that I can remember. More pilots testimony and video will be coming out.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Guns N' Roses? I mean they're such good guys.

P.S. @Basic_GnR_Fan in regards to how the apparent UFOs move I saw an interview ages ago with an engineer who was supposedly hired and brought into Area-51 to help reverse engineer alien ships and he was describing it as having a powerful electromagnetic motor that could sort of break the power of gravity surrounding the vehicle so that say the ship wanted to go forward or any direction it would be technically dipping perpetually rather than our traditional acceleration. Even if he's full of shit and that's not real still an interesting idea.

electromagnetic forces are incredibly powerfull. they're basically strong enough to keep the milky way together. even stronger than gravity.

for example, the sun's immense gravity is unable to hold onto the "solar wind" which streams away at about 400 km per second, because of electromagnetic forces. 

Edited by action

More information dripping out with credible witnesses and mainstream coverage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 4:40 PM, Oldest Goat said:

P.S. @Basic_GnR_Fan in regards to how the apparent UFOs move I saw an interview ages ago with an engineer who was supposedly hired and brought into Area-51 to help reverse engineer alien ships and he was describing it as having a powerful electromagnetic motor that could sort of break the power of gravity surrounding the vehicle so that say the ship wanted to go forward or any direction it would be technically dipping perpetually rather than our traditional acceleration. Even if he's full of shit and that's not real still an interesting idea.

That was Bob Lazar, said they had an element 115 that provided the hypersonic propulsion:

I've been watching a lot of UFO documentaries over the last three years, and so much evidence across the world, and over history, especially since WW2 and exploding of nuclear bombs, that I believe there must be something.

I was a sceptic until watching all the new evidence over the last few years, although a lot of the documentaries are repeats from before that. 

I saw a UFO - zigzagging fast light in the night sky - around 1980/1981, which I've since found out was a bit of a hotspot time for UFOs in the UK, including the most famous: Rendlesham. There were a couple of RAF bases in the direction I saw the UFO, so I put down to the military. I recently found there's a book about the area calling it the Welsh triangle!

There was a similar sighting to the videos introducing this thread over Ireland this year, which is in the direction I saw my UFO, with several pilots reporting a hypersonic UFO: 

I could go through them all, but so many I'd be here all day. If you don't believe the videos that started this thread then you probably won't believe anyway. 

But there have also been:

Several 'crash' sites, such as Salta, Argentina. 

1. Trace sites: sometimes effects have been left, with different chemical compositions, vegetation never growing back etc.
  2. Close encounters with the people having physical effects, such as burn marks that never go away.
  3. Close encounters where people have described constellations since found by astronomers. 

I watched the first episode of Unidentified on the History Channel. It was pretty good, my only critique is that it's on the History channel. I wish they could have gotten this on a channel that doesn't have Ancient Aliens type stuff. Anyway, they had the wingman from the USS Nimitz 2004 incident give her testimony of the incident. So now we have two pilots on record saying they saw this same tic tac object do insane things, (her and Fravor). They also had David Fravor give closed door testimony to congress. In previews for later episodes they showed that they will be getting testimony from other pilots associated with the other 2 videos that were released by DOD in late 2017.

Bottom line, I would check out this show if you are interested in the subject. The ball is clearly moving down the field and the typical skeptic arguments about pilot fatigue and radar malfunctioning are looking less and less likely.

• Thanks 1

I haven't got History Channel so haven't seen that one yet. Have watched dozens similar over the last few years, and most have at least one case or factor that's intriguing. 

After you've seen a few you start seeing similarities, with footage and reports correlating from different parts of the world, and different times.  

The USAF one you've shown here from 2004 reminded me of a Chile one from the same Pacific coast (not far from each other for bullet-speed UFOs!) in 2014:

Episode 2 of Unidentified, they had 2 radar operators from the Nimitz incident say they saw these tic tac objects doing insane things on radar. These objects dropped from 30,000 feet to just above sea level in about 0.78 seconds. They were also able to go under water and go at incredible speeds. This is all without any noticeable propulsion system. So now we have 2 pilots and 2 radar operators on the record from this incident, plus the video footage. This is the most legitimate encounter that I know about and based on the testimony, there is no way in hell this thing is man-made with current technology.

Edit: Why I don't think it's Russian or Chinese. If they had anti-gravity aircraft like this, why the hell wouldn't they use it to overtake the US as the big dog on the block? Why continue to get pushed around by the US' conventional weapons? Why I don't think it's some secret US aircraft. For one, I think the type of tech here is multiple generations above anything we can even conceive of at this point. Past examples of amazing US craft like the SR-71 Blackbird and Stealth fighter were amazing, but they were a logical leap from the aircraft that was common at the time. And considering that the Germans had jet aircraft and a prototype stealth fighter during WWII, it's not all that much of a leap to the SR-71 and Stealth Fighters the US introduced. Plus, these types of aircraft shown in the Nimitz incident have no means of propulsion and also appear to not be polluting anything into the atmosphere. To think that the US government would be holding back technology that would essentially solve global warming is a little far fetched. Probably even more far fetched than this being a non man-made aircraft.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

I love me a bit of the History channel you need to get it!

Yes, some good stuff. Had it for a while, and got into Ancient Aliens, which had some good info, especially as it was new to me then, but when they start claiming EVERYTHING is down to Ancient Aliens it got a bit SILLY!

• Haha 1

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/warner-classified-briefing-ufos-1544273

Three more U.S. senators received a classified Pentagon briefing on Wednesday about a series of reported encounters by the Navy with unidentified aircraft, according to congressional and government officials — part of a growing number of requests from members of key oversight committees.

I started transcribing some episodes of Close Encounters, but then saw another documentary series that introduced itself by saying MUFON has 70,000 files in a warehouse called Hangar 1, collected over 50 years.

So it's a bit late in the game to be researching and analysing this.

Never seen a documentary on the BBC, but loads on religion! Think I remember it did report the mass sighting in Arizona (Phoenix) on the news.

If you combine all the data together, more people have probably seen a UFO than a bear, yet it's still considered a 'weird' thing to talk about!

4 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

I started transcribing some episodes of Close Encounters, but then saw another documentary series that introduced itself by saying MUFON has 70,000 files in a warehouse called Hangar 1, collected over 50 years.

So it's a bit late in the game to be researching and analysing this.

Never seen a documentary on the BBC, but loads on religion! Think I remember it did report the mass sighting in Arizona (Phoenix) on the news.

If you combine all the data together, more people have probably seen a UFO than a bear, yet it's still considered a 'weird' thing to talk about!

I think most sightings are bunk. But there are plenty of credible sightings by people such as pilots and military personnel. Even if you just focus on those, you realize there is some phenomena going on that we don't really understand. I'm very pleased with the progress that has been made recently with some of the stigma going away, the government being more open and honest, and the mainstream media being more open to covering this without snickering. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I think most sightings are bunk. But there are plenty of credible sightings by people such as pilots and military personnel. Even if you just focus on those, you realize there is some phenomena going on that we don't really understand. I'm very pleased with the progress that has been made recently with some of the stigma going away, the government being more open and honest, and the mainstream media being more open to covering this without snickering. 

I agree. With the change in the establishments posture on the UFO issue came a name change within military circles. They use UAP now = Unidentified Ariel Phenomena. Some say this is to disassociate from the previous stigma attached to "flying Saucers" but the word "Phenomena" really goes a long way in leaving room for these sightings to not even be physical objects. Kinda opens up a fun line of speculation.

And that Blink guys organization calls them Anomalous Ariel Vehicles. Its neat that we have a rock band called Foo Fighters (named after the earlier name for UFO) and the most recent name for ufo also comes from the rock community.

I think its neat 'whats in a name' because it can suggest an underlaying understanding based on who uses what term. Like if a trained military pilot calls them Foo Fighters, then maybe the crafts were fighting? If the establishment calls them "Phenomena" maybe they are more then just material objects?

Or of course maybe a rebranding was due to allow for what you say in your post?

On 28/06/2019 at 6:06 PM, soon said:

I agree. With the change in the establishments posture on the UFO issue came a name change within military circles. They use UAP now = Unidentified Ariel Phenomena. Some say this is to disassociate from the previous stigma attached to "flying Saucers" but the word "Phenomena" really goes a long way in leaving room for these sightings to not even be physical objects. Kinda opens up a fun line of speculation.

And that Blink guys organization calls them Anomalous Ariel Vehicles. Its neat that we have a rock band called Foo Fighters (named after the earlier name for UFO) and the most recent name for ufo also comes from the rock community.

I think its neat 'whats in a name' because it can suggest an underlaying understanding based on who uses what term. Like if a trained military pilot calls them Foo Fighters, then maybe the crafts were fighting? If the establishment calls them "Phenomena" maybe they are more then just material objects?

Or of course maybe a rebranding was due to allow for what you say in your post?

Yes, I think 'light' is fascinating on its own. Some sightings are put down to marsh gas lights https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_gas, which I didn't know about until recently. There's a place in the USA where people go to see 'lights' that appear regularly. Some lights are supposed to act intelligently though, such as the foo fighters. 

Light has been associated with higher forms (gods) throughout history, and I think I've seen theories that suggest we could 'evolve' to something simple but effective like that, over millions of years, perhaps when we merge with machines. 

I saw a BBC documentary about the latest in anti-gravity research, although it is a few years old, and probably only available in UK. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0752f85/horizon-2016-2-project-greenglow-the-quest-for-gravity-control

Scientists are also teleporting light ions now https://phys.org/news/2019-05-physicists-teleport-logic-ions.html

Nearly every new world we receive data about in space surprises us, so who knows what's out there!?

I think we are like Europeans before sailing to the Americas, not knowing about the great civilisations that have been living in parallel for thousands of years, and all the animal species not known or imagined. 

I don't know what will happen in the future, but I do think there'll be a lot of amazing surprises!

• Like 1

On 28/06/2019 at 5:48 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yes, I think the more awareness there is the more false reports there'll be. Many are accidental, with plane lights looking like UFOs from a distance. 
Those who fake them purposely do the subject a disservice like false crime reports. 

The Japan Airlines 1986 incident was another great authoritative witnesses one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

A pilot also reported seeing multiple 'firefly UFOs' do an impressive coordinated landing into a hologram at Area 51: http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2014/02/ufos-land-at-area-51.html

Many military pilots and radar operators saw UFO evidence in Belgium, 1989/90: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

Edited by Axl's Agony Aunt
missing link!

1 hour ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Yes, I think 'light' is fascinating on its own. Some sightings are put down to marsh gas lights https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_gas, which I didn't know about until recently. There's a place in the USA where people go to see 'lights' that appear regularly. Some lights are supposed to act intelligently though, such as the foo fighters. 

Light has been associated with higher forms (gods) throughout history, and I think I've seen theories that suggest we could 'evolve' to something simple but effective like that, over millions of years, perhaps when we merge with machines. 

I saw a BBC documentary about the latest in anti-gravity research, although it is a few years old, and probably only available in UK. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0752f85/horizon-2016-2-project-greenglow-the-quest-for-gravity-control

Scientists are also teleporting light ions now https://phys.org/news/2019-05-physicists-teleport-logic-ions.html

Nearly every new world we receive data about in space surprises us, so who knows what's out there!?

I think we are like Europeans before sailing to the Americas, not knowing about the great civilisations that have been living in parallel for thousands of years, and all the animal species not known or imagined. 

I don't know what will happen in the future, but I do think there'll be a lot of amazing surprises!

Great links! Thanks man! Some fascinating stuff. Teleporting ions is beyond my comprehension and is still so cool to learn a bit about. And you make some interesting propositions.

I hope to not become a cyborg, but Ive heard the notion that most of us already are cyborgs, we are just pre-op and carry our electronic updates in our pockets in the interim. 

This also brings to mind an internet rumour/whistle blower/theory about something called Project Blue Beam. Where in the powers project religious images into the sky to dupe people into... something. https://allthatsinteresting.com/project-blue-beam-serge-monast 

It really is a wild time to be alive. With all its anxieties and all, I'll take it. Lots to ponder. Like you say, lots of amazing surprises to come!

• GNFNR 1

Article on MSN about Area 51: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/spotlight/the-real-story-behind-the-myth-of-area-51/ar-AADM4Cy?ocid=spartanntp

It's a similar argument/conclusion to the Investigation X documentary: 

I want to believe Bob Lazar, and his claim about element 115 propelling UFOs' amazing speed, but don't know, could be partly true, or completely false?

On 6/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, Oldest Goat said:

If you're interested in this stuff, Joe Rogan interviewed Bob Lazar a couple of weeks ago.  It's a couple of hours long but worth a watch if you have the time.  The biggest thing with Lazar is that he despises the attention and refuses to make a penny off of any of the publicity he receives.  He even donated the $2000 he received in royalties from the documentary to charity.  He literally has no reason to make any of this stuff up.  Pretty interesting.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Thanks 1