The Best chinese democracy songs performance

59 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Is Richard technically superior to Slash?

Yes he is, but Slash is a superior guitar player to Richard and no matter what Slash says, he is technically very good. Richard can do some of Bucket's parts though but is not on the same technical level as Bucket or Bumble.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Yes he is, but Slash is a superior guitar player to Richard and no matter what Slash says, he is technically very good. Richard can do some of Bucket's parts though but is not on the same technical level as Bucket or Bumble.

Is it me or does it feel like some of Slash's technical prowess is not as present on the NITL tour? I swear from the Velvet revolver shows I've heard and Conspirators shows he seems superb to GN'R. Even late UYI tour seems better, or late '90s solo showz

Back to the thread topic, I like the more bluesy nature of the lead in CD with Slash. If only the keyboards would be the same from the 2002 version

Edited by UsedYourIllusion

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's one of the songs that was a highlight at the early NITL shows, but was pretty bad by 2017-18. (same with Coma, My Michelle, etc.) But the 2016 versions were the best since 2010.

Madagascar is cool too, it's another one where Melissa's backing vocals are really good.

Don't like the Slash solos on TIL , tho I think I heard 1 good one on YouTube once

Just now, Brownstone drum said:

Don't like the Slash solos on TIL , tho I think I heard 1 good one on YouTube once

I feel like he was trying with it early on. Then somewhere after the first couple of shows, he just went off the rails with it. 

21 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I always enjoyed the live performances of Shacklers Revenge. My dad and I heard it in Chicago in 2011, and again in Detroit in 2012. I wish they still played it, they need a guitarist capable of playing those kinds of songs, or re-work it slightly for Slash. I'd imagine Richard could play lead on it. Is Richard technically superior to Slash? Axl sounded way meaner and more intense on this song live than on the album version, which I still enjoy.

Thought Shacklers was at it's best most of the time from 2012 onwards, I think it was always good because it's one of those flat out songs where there's no time to mess around, bit like Shadow of your love

1 hour ago, Brownstone drum said:

Yeah, don't know why he can't stay closer to the studio version.

Wouldn't say Ashba was my favourite, but he captured it pretty well

I know it's popular to shit on DJ but I actually think that his TIL solo is the best example of a new musician in the band totally ruining a former members performance.

Some of My favorites.

Chinese Democracy: Pittsburgh 2002

Shackler's Revenge: 2010

Better: Los Angeles 2006

The Blues: Boston 2002

If The World: Japan 2009

TWAT: New York 2006

Catcher: Paris 2010 (Acoustic set)

Scraped: Axl always fucked the lyrics.

Riad: Las Vegas 2001

Sorry: Adelaide Australia 2010

IRS: Los Angeles 2006

Madagascar: Boston 2002

This I Love: Adelaide Australia 2010

Prostitute: Vegas 2014/Los Angeles 2017

My favorites

Chinese Democracy: Mannheim/Gothenburg 2018

Shacklers Revenge: Edmonton 2010

Better: Los Angeles 2006

Street Of Dreams: House Of Blues 2001

If the world: Saskatoon 2010

TWAT: Las Vegas 2014

Catcher In The Rye: Houston 2016

Scraped: Russia 2010

Riad: Las Vegas 2001

Sorry: Paris 2010

IRS: RAR 06

Maddy: Boston 2002

TIL: Puerto Rico 2010/Taipei 2009

Prostitute: LA 2017

On 6/7/2019 at 10:51 AM, 31illusions said:

No mention of The Blues 2002? The best.

It now says the video was removed due to a copyright claim by IFPI. Not sure if that's true, or it's some bastard deceivingly representing them (likely the latter, i think). Either way, this problem is why i don't post video links here anymore.