So I met the designer of the Locked N' Loaded box set

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Guessing because it was released officially on the illusions record and not on appetite. They might be holding stuff over for a illusions release.

That would make sense, but keep in mind that the set has Back off Bitch and two versions of November Rain. So...

• Like 1

AFD box:
They left out a good portion of AFD stuff audio and, unfortunately, exspecially video. We dont know how much good video sources are in the vaults from the 80s, but we know that Marc Canter has about 30 master AUD videos from the club days. We also know that there is some issue between Guns camp and Marc Canter, that's probably why we didnt get any Canter master video transfers along with the box. Therfor they've decided to concentrate more on audio (as proven by the talk of mine to Fernando last year) to represent that era. That being said....as opposed to other die hards in here, i'm still very pleased that they've decided to put out THAT MUCH of the golden era! you dont wanna know how much time and money i spent the last 30 years on trading/buying/hunting for stuff like that. They could have done much better, yeah, but at least they did release smth.(!!) from that (you would never have thought they'd do that), HELL YEAH! Seeing they did that, it's a step to the right direction, that they are more opened up for getting out stuff from the vault. i spent the whole 999€ by the way and seeing it goin for 399$ now.....off course i'd like to use the extra money for other GN'R shows or so, but basically i dont care. At points you also have to financially support the band you're fan from!!

As for UYI bix set:
there is sooooooo much gold in there to be used! We know about Perfect Crime documentary, we know about 192 UYI Proshots, we know about existing demos like Ain't goin down, 14 years alternate take (w. different vocals), Coma (working demo), instrumental versions like Estranged and many of the songs. There should be tons and tons of audio to be there for potential use in a UYI box set. Though this time they might be a little better off to hear the fans' voice.

So...question for the admins here:

could we do a topic with ideas for the UYI box set, so we fans could raise our voice and collect ideas? And then later do some kind of mixed down "serious wish list" and forward it to them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

AFD box:
They left out a good portion of AFD stuff audio and, unfortunately, exspecially video. We dont know how much good video sources are in the vaults from the 80s, but we know that Marc Canter has about 30 master AUD videos from the club days. We also know that there is some issue between Guns camp and Marc Canter, that's probably why we didnt get any Canter master video transfers along with the box. Therfor they've decided to concentrate more on audio (as proven by the talk of mine to Fernando last year) to represent that era. That being said....as opposed to other die hards in here, i'm still very pleased that they've decided to put out THAT MUCH of the golden era! you dont wanna know how much time and money i spent the last 30 years on trading/buying/hunting for stuff like that. They could have done much better, yeah, but at least they did release smth.(!!) from that (you would never have thought they'd do that), HELL YEAH! Seeing they did that, it's a step to the right direction, that they are more opened up for getting out stuff from the vault. i spent the whole 999€ by the way and seeing it goin for 399$ now.....off course i'd like to use the extra money for other GN'R shows or so, but basically i dont care. At points you also have to financially support the band you're fan from!!

As for UYI bix set:
there is sooooooo much gold in there to be used! We know about Perfect Crime documentary, we know about 192 UYI Proshots, we know about existing demos like Ain't goin down, 14 years alternate take (w. different vocals), Coma (working demo), instrumental versions like Estranged and many of the songs. There should be tons and tons of audio to be there for potential use in a UYI box set. Though this time they might be a little better off to hear the fans' voice.

could we do a topic with ideas for the UYI box set, so we fans could raise our voice and collect ideas? And then later do some kind of mixed down "serious wish list" and forward it to them?

I swear to god, the record company would just do some of the demos we already have, the material from some of the singles and a remastered version of the Tokyo show and call it a day... UGH 

4 hours ago, Lim666 said:

AFD box:

As for UYI bix set:

I think this is a great idea.  And if there is any chance of Fernando listening/reading then surely we have to give it a shot?

@Lim666 you say you spoke with Fernando previously? Are you able to shed any light on what was discussed? I wondered if the topic of an officially released Ritz 88 was mentioned as a possibility in the future?

Would love an Illusions box set. Not holding my breath though. Ultimately, that era is more famous (infamous?) for the UYI Tour. Hopefully, we get something in that direction (documentary, pro shot, etc.) at least- though can’t imagine Axl (or Slash n’ Duff at the end of the day) is really jonesing to put a bunch of stuff with Matt & Gilby out there...

1 hour ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Would love an Illusions box set. Not holding my breath though. Ultimately, that era is more famous (infamous?) for the UYI Tour. Hopefully, we get something in that direction (documentary, pro shot, etc.) at least- though can’t imagine Axl (or Slash n’ Duff at the end of the day) is really jonesing to put a bunch of stuff with Matt & Gilby out there...

Maybe they can reduce Gilby and Matt down to just extras and focus the doc primarily around Axl, Slash, Duff, and (maybe) Dizzy?

wouldnt be the first time they’ve downplayed Matt and Gilby, after all (shrugs)...

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

at least- though can’t imagine Axl (or Slash n’ Duff at the end of the day) is really jonesing to put a bunch of stuff with Matt & Gilby out there...

Right. Especially when they are accustomed to dealing with such top shelf musicians like Fortus, Frank, and blue hair, these days.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lim666 said:

Should we, as fans, really be encouraging TB or the band to release old footage of a band that no longer exists, or their 30 year old outtakes? Isn't this kind of what they do without any encouragement and in an attempt to cash-in in the most laziest way possible?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Right. Especially when they are accustomed to dealing with such top shelf musicians like Fortus, Frank, and blue hair, these days.

Difference is Gilby sued them (seems fine these days, but sure remembered), and the Axl/Matt relationship has been “strained” at times...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

48 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Isn't this kind of what they do without any encouragement and in an attempt to cash-in in the most laziest way possible?

Nop, they do nothing. The AFD box was the first time they did it and judging by the lack of anything else, its better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

Should we, as fans, really be encouraging TB or the band to release old footage of a band that no longer exists, or their 30 year old outtakes? Isn't this kind of what they do without any encouragement and in an attempt to cash-in in the most laziest way possible?

If there is a market for it then yes - we should encourage it. I would happily part cash for a deluxe UYI set.

This time it needs to be more accurately priced - see the MetallicA boxes for size, content and price which is pretty fair.

I wish they would release as much stuff from the classic era as possible.  Especially great live footage. A remaster of the Melbourne 88 show would be bad ass.. Or a live album from Pasadena 87.  It is kind of sad how little stuff like that is out there for the Gn'R fans...

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 4:49 AM, Nice Boy said:

What struck me was that he wasn't a fan as such, just some designer dude who got the job. I asked him about the non inclusion of OIAM but he'd never even heard of the song, so knew nothing about that aspect.

Guess what! Even the manager of GN'R has no real clue about the band material! lol

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lim666 said:

AFD box:

As for UYI bix set:

There is unlikely to be a UYI box set because it’s not an iconic album. I would love one,though. But AFD is the top selling debut in US history and the album cover is recognized globally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Wonder how much the record company & Guns has made from the box set? Much be at least a few million. 

I doubt the band made much from the box set. How much could they get from each box set? Even when albums moved huge amounts of units, top bands only received 1$ from each album sold. And that is split amongst the band. 

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, Lim666 said:

Yes! You can start the thread anytime. :)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I wish they would release as much stuff from the classic era as possible.  Especially great live footage. A remaster of the Melbourne 88 show would be bad ass.. Or a live album from Pasadena 87.  It is kind of sad how little stuff like that is out there for the Gn'R fans...

I'd like to see the Marquee Club show from 1987.

10 hours ago, thunderram said:

I'd like to see the Marquee Club show from 1987.

That would be cool too. Any of that stuff. The stories and song intros Axl would tell during the Appetite tour were legendary... That is my favorite part of the Pasadena bootleg. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, janrichmond said:

Yes! You can start the thread anytime. :)

It would be very much pointless. If the AFD box didn't sell as many as thought, it would be unlikely they would invest in a box set that could possibly sell even less. Plus Fernando said there was NO PLANS for any future box sets.

28 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

It would be very much pointless. If the AFD box didn't sell as many as thought, it would be unlikely they would invest in a box set that could possibly sell even less. Plus Fernando said there was NO PLANS for any future box sets.

If they did it right, it would probably outsell the AFD box honestly... remaster the albums, include demos/rehearsals/"Axl's Advance Copy"/etc, and include a few live shows. No trinkets, no lithographs, no thousand-dollar price tag, just music for a reasonable price... they should be following Metallica's example when it comes to box-sets.

• Like 3