Bill and Ted 3

9 hours ago, Creed said:

It looks ok. The only funny thing was their jail clones. But i would have prefered an old school look. Why does every new movie looks so clean and polished...the movies from the 80s had so much charm and style... todays movies seems to be just renting a studio and using cgi...

At least it Looks better than Dumb and Dumber To. Holy cow was that movie bad in its story and production value. 

If i would be a director, i would buy an old camera and shoot it old school. You can still do a 4k scaling.

I agree that the “grainy” look of older films made them more charming, and that newer films are too “clean” looking now. Sadly, I don’t think this will change.

6 hours ago, Mysteron said:

I'm glad Death's in it

It's one of these films, it feels and looks very wrong, but it's Bill and Ted, it's got to be done. The promo was better than I thought it was going to be.

You’re right, it does look wrong. But I think that’s just because they’re so much older and that sort of comedy is quite dated imo. It’s definitely going to be targeted at people 30+. I doubt anyone under 30 would be interested or even find it funny

On 6/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I agree that the “grainy” look of older films made them more charming, and that newer films are too “clean” looking now. Sadly, I don’t think this will change.

It's, sadly, the way the brain can instantly perceive and identify video over film.

Film is tactile. It's an intermediate. It's real and it has flaws to it - but the brain can see the canvas of it. High Definition video does not have the same effect on the brain. It's perceived as reality, which can be strange and a bummer when your mind is trying to wrap it around a story.

Film is majorly expensive in comparison to video, which isn't expensive at all - so 90% of all movies made are made with video or a combination thereof. It won't change. The only thing we can hope for is that video advances to a place where they can really simulate the canvas of film - but it will still be a fugazi.

As far as Bill and Ted go...yeah, putting something that heightened and weird on something your brain tells you is supposed to be real, generates feelings of ambivalence. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

It's, sadly, the way the brain can instantly perceive and identify video over film.

Film is tactile. It's an intermediate. It's real and it has flaws to it - but the brain can see the canvas of it. High Definition video does not have the same effect on the brain. It's perceived as reality, which can be strange and a bummer when your mind is trying to wrap it around a story.

Film is majorly expensive in comparison to video, which isn't expensive at all - so 90% of all movies made are made with video or a combination thereof. It won't change. The only thing we can hope for is that video advances to a place where they can really simulate the canvas of film - but it will still be a fugazi.

As far as Bill and Ted go...yeah, putting something that heightened and weird on something your brain tells you is supposed to be real, generates feelings of ambivalence. 

Very well said! Thanks for spelling it out. I knew my brain was already thinking these things, but I could never articulate it as well as you just did!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Anyone seen the new full trailer? It actually looks decent. The comic con panel yesterday was also cool

https://youtu.be/bz4We5Wizjg

Looks great! The daughters seem awesome, and the whole thing about them going on similar adventures that their dads went on back in the day is clever, while the dads visit “alternate futures” or whatever. I imagine the daughters will help write the magic song too, or maybe even just write it themselves!

Happy to see that the movie is coming out on VOD!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Looks great! The daughters seem awesome, and the whole thing about them going on similar adventures that their dads went on back in the day is clever, while the dads visit “alternate futures” or whatever. I imagine the daughters will help write the magic song too, or maybe even just write it themselves!

Happy to see that the movie is coming out on VOD!

I’m not sure how the VOD thing works, does that mean it will be on Netflix or something?

This looks so fun! And it looks like they might finally get the balance between original and new characters right!!! I like the actress who plays Teds daughter in Atypical.

The start of the trailer had some Step Brothers vibe (same dad even maybe, and the whole wedding performance). But thats minor. It look so cool!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Just finished watching. I’ll give it a 4/10
disappointed tbh.

Is there any spoiler free way that you could say what you didnt like? (Too long? Not funny? Too much about new characters? All the good stuff in the trailer? Just broad strokes)

7 hours ago, soon said:

Is there any spoiler free way that you could say what you didnt like? (Too long? Not funny? Too much about new characters? All the good stuff in the trailer? Just broad strokes)

Direct spoilers would give away the exact reason they ruined it for me.... the movie serves its purpose if your just after a light hearted trip down memory lane but I was hoping for a bit more.

it definitely had some funny moments, It starts off really well but the storyline just falls apart towards the end, then I was just hoping it would end.

• Thanks 1