Marvel fatigue anyone

On 7/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, rocknroll41 said:

IMO: Captain Marvel sucked and Endgame was just okay.

I agree with you that Ragnarok, Homecoming, and Panther were all great, though! Guess that’s why I’m so excited for Far From Home.

I want to see it because Brie Larson looks so damn cute. Plot wise Wonder Woman was great but Gal Gadot was just beautiful in that. Plus it is set during The Great War. Not many film studios are bold enough to make WWI film. Lack of interest. Except the interest has gone up thanks to the WWI Centennial and games like Battlefield 1. 

Yeah, I want to check out Far From Home since I am a Spiderman fan. 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Maybe that will change when The Joker is released.

That movie looks dreadful imo. I despise making villains sympathetic. The Joker should be evil and crazy, just to be evil and crazy. Giving him a backstory where his life was hard and unfair takes AWAY from the character, it doesn't add to it. Just like Vader being BETTER before the prequels. More explanation isn't a good thing. 

11 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

That movie looks dreadful imo. I despise making villains sympathetic. The Joker should be evil and crazy, just to be evil and crazy. Giving him a backstory where his life was hard and unfair takes AWAY from the character, it doesn't add to it. Just like Vader being BETTER before the prequels. More explanation isn't a good thing. 

sometimes things look shit on paper but execution is a factor. I kinda get what you mean even if I disagree. I'll first watch the movie and then decide if it was a good approach to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Although my excitement will never be what it was pre-Endgame, I'm prticularly excited for The Eternals, Shang Chi, and the Falcon TV show. I think its smart to scale Phase 4 back and focus on some new characters

Why were you disappointed in Endgame, @Iron MikeyJ?

Edited by ZoSoRose

54 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Although my excitement will never be what it was pre-Endgame, I'm prticularly excited for The Eternals, Shang Chi, and the Falcon TV show. I think its smart to scale Phase 4 back and focus on some new characters

Why were you disappointed in Endgame, @Iron MikeyJ?

While I wouldn't say it was bad, (it's still better than Age of Ultron as far as Avengers films go), it was underwhelming. For starters, I dislike the approach they took with both Thor and Hulk, they basically ruined (arguably) the best two Avengers. We never got ANY sort of payoff with the Hulk especially, they basically sidelined him in order to give Tony and Cap more screen time. Which would have been fine, if they hadn't benched him in Infinity War as well. I feel that was a major disservice for the character. As far as Thor goes... that was an AWFUL turn for the character. So those are my 2 biggest gripes. 3rd is Black Widow, they have her the shaft as well, and she didn't even get a memorial service or anything at then end. So 3 of the original Avengers didn't get a good final showing imo. Yes, it appears Hulk and Thor will return. Will Black Widow? I think her movie is going to be a prequel, so no, that's how she ends, more than likely. 

The time travel aspect I'm very mixed about. The film DID have a Back to Future part 2 feel to it, which I liked. But they did a poor job explaining time travel (the rules on how it works). It was just kinda like "don't over anaylize it, but trust us it works" type of methodology. Which I found that disappointing to a certain degree. Which I can forgive this, if the final payoff was satisfying, but it wasn't. Hulk should have gotten a round 2 vs Thanos. I don't mean to dwell on the Hulk, but he was REALLY poorly used in this film. Worst Hulk performance to date (and that includes both the Edward Norton and Eric Bana films). I dont mind going for a "Dr. Hulk" approach, but it poorly executed. 

Overall, it was a mediocre Marvel film for me. I dont hate it, I plan on buying it because it's the 2nd part to the Infinity War. I liked Tony in it, I thought he carried the film (and the franchise for that matter). I am not sure how the MCU will survive going forward tbh. 

Which brings me to where I am at emotionally with the MCU at this point, they got LUCKY with Iron Man (the first film, which started EVERYTHING). What I mean by that is, they got Robert Downey Jr, and he really brought the character of Tony Stark to life. If they had gotten ANYONE else, the film wouldn't of worked, and neither would the MCU. Iron Man the character was a B list character, but it worked because of RDJ. That's how they got lucky. Then they did Hulk next (A list character), Universal owns the film rights to Hulk though, so they have to do deals like they do with Spiderman. Next came Thor (again a B list character, but he eventually became A list by the time the Avengers was released). Finally they did Cap (which is an A list character). So two A list and two B list characters built the MCU, which is pretty remarkable considering that Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk and Cap are Marvels true A list characters. Yet the MCU was built on only 2 of them. 

As the phases went along we got more B list, and C list characters. But they were held together by the original team, they were the glue. We also got Spiderman (another A lister), but this far I'm personally very mixed on the MCU spiderman. I haven't seen the newest film yet, but I'm not really excited about it either. They have just made two many changes to the character for me. The MCU was always about doing the characters RIGHT, how they were in the comics. But they decided to "change things up" with Spiderman, and I dont like a lot of the changes. So one of Marvels MT. Rushmore characters has become unrecognizable from the TRUE spiderman imo. 

As we sit here now, we have a bunch of C list and D list characters getting films :facepalm: we have Spiderman but not REALLY spiderman, Hulk is ruined, Thor is ruined, Iron Man is dead and Cap is retired. Does this sound good to you? It doesn't to me. I could care less about any of the films they announced for phase 4 or the TV shows tbh. 

Here is what the MCU NEEDS to keep it going... It needs the Xmen, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Silver Surfer and Galactus. This would give it the boost it needs to stay relevant imo. Which I know there is talk about the FF and xmen, but until I see a film announced... I'm out. Black Widow film... Ok, Dr. STRANGE film... a little interested, Eternals... WHERE IS GALACTUS, Thor 4... makes me throw up in my mouth, the TV shows... could care less. 

• Like 2

I didn’t think I was fatigued of MCU until I realized I’m willing to wait for FFH to come out on digital/Blu Ray since my local theater didn’t get it and I don’t want to drive an hour just to see it. 

I’ve also got no interest in The Eternals or Shang-Chi. The new Doctor Strange might be good, don’t know if Thor: Ragnarok can be topped by Love and Thunder. Also why Black Widow? If it’s a back story, what’s the point if she stays dead from Endgame? I’d say it’s too late for a back story unless they plan on reviving her.

Wake me up when we get GotG 3, Spider-Man 3, and some mutants. And I hope they keep the X-Men separate for the most part and keep the origins, assuming they do origin stories. 

Edited by luciusfunk

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:21 AM, rocknroll41 said:

No fatigue for me! Seeing Spider-Man Far From Home tonight, and I’m pumped for it!

I actually thought this was a good movie, but the fight scenes went on too long. That is the problem for most super hero movies, the long, long fight scenes.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

0D6F8E0E-1A32-45DB-8928-CE37AF70DC93.thumb.jpeg.efbac5dc1de594b252ef082a4ded0800.jpeg

:ph34r:

Love Grut and Rocket the best. I would not mind seeing another Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I actually thought this was a good movie, but the fight scenes went on too long. That is the problem for most super hero movies, the long, long fight scenes.

Love Grut and Rocket the best. I would not mind seeing another Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

You quoted me from over a year ago, so I just wanted to reply to say that I definitely feel the marvel fatigue now (and superhero fatigue in general lol).

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think it is good thing there is a nice break between Phases Three and Four. As someone stated earlier Phase 4 will have a bunch of heroes we never heard of but Marvel Studios have proven that they are really good at selling that. Few people have heard of Guardians of the Galaxy and now they are all household names. Even back in the 2000's no one thought Iron Man would make a good movie.  Phase 4 will begin with saying goodbye to Scarlett's Black Widow and introducing Florence Pugh as the new Black Widow.  We will get Spider-Man and Thor who are popular entries. 

WandaVision looks weird (which may be a good thing, idk) and it sounds like they’re having production issues and it’s Flacon and the Winter Soldier. Then there’s the issue with theatrical films now, of course.

Not a good start to Phase 4, but I guess I don’t care cause I’m fatigued from marvel now anyways.

11 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

What I want to know is how will they continue Black Panther?

They said they’re not sure yet. They confirmed recently that they didn’t know Boseman had cancer, and that for now they’re just focused on honoring him and not thinking about how to continue the Black Panther mythos just yet. In any case, I seriously doubt that Black Panther 2 will make its release date of May 2022.

• 4 months later...