NITLT 8 New dates Announced

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Fuck off, you piece of shit. I make enough to do things I want, but that doesn't mean I should bend the fuck over and accept the cost of whatever. No shit, luxuries cost extra money, but the rate of which things like concert tickets are increasing is batshit insane. Just 5 years ago I could see almost any arena band for $40-$50 a nosebleed and about $100-$150 lower bowl, you are telling me its okay for washed up millionaires like Mick Jagger and Axl Rose to be charging tickets for fucking $200-$700+ face value?

Hahaha, why are you acting insane??  If GNR plays NYC and charges those prices I won't go!  And I certainly won't cry over it!  AND best of all I CAN AFFORD IT!  Take a stand if you want but stop whining about it.  Geez.  

Just now, Natty said:

in which world are you living??? 

Do you mean people should find better paid jobs in order to be able to buy a GNR ticket???? I hope I understand you wrong.. and that you meant something else...

Lol no, not to buy a concert ticket. I'm saying if you can't afford the things you want in life figure out a way that you can. 

1 minute ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Lol no, not to buy a concert ticket. I'm saying if you can't afford the things you want in life figure out a way that you can. 

One way for people to afford the things they want would be for the band to not be charging the utterly ridiculous and outrageous prices they're charging for Las Vegas.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Has too many people that watch every football game or travell too everywhere to see world football coup too.

yeah on weekends. they are at home from monday to friday... and football games usually don t require you to travel all over the world but only within your Country... 😉

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

My apologies. In my old age my memory must escape me sometimes. I was not justifying the prices. I just said that I wasn't going to criticize fans that go to multiple shows. Because at the end of the day none of this is that serious.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that you won't be allowed to make things up with regard to how the site is run. Argue whatever point(s) you want to, but don't make up things about the site and staff that are just plain false. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

One way for people to afford the things they want would be for the band to not be charging the utterly ridiculous and outrageous prices they're charging for Las Vegas.

Not disagreeing one bit that the prices are outrageous. I'm considering going to Louder Than Life in Louisville. $160 per ticket (4 pack). I'd get to see GNR and about 50 other bands for less than seeing GNR by themselves. 

Just now, Lio said:

It's just a show. Many people work and still can't afford housing or food. Let's not overdramatize.

I agree with you on a lot of points, but we're on two different sides of the fence with this one. Are you saying these prices for Las Vegas can be justified in any way?

Pit Patience Package = $ 1,319.91 plus fees

Live and Let Die Package Section 205 = $ 631.41 plus fees

Section 104 Platinum pricing varies from $ 1,480.00 to $ 1,730.00 plus fees

Section 103 Premium Paradise City VIP Lounge Package = $ 1,786.41 plus fees

• Like 1

Just now, JimMorrison4 said:

Not disagreeing one bit that the prices are outrageous. I'm considering going to Louder Than Life in Louisville. $160 per ticket (4 pack). I'd get to see GNR and about 50 other bands for less than seeing GNR by themselves. 

Exactly, that's not the debate.  Of course the ticket prices are insane.  And because of that I will not be attending.  Is there something else I'm missing to be outraged about? :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah. And to add insult to the injury is having to see the hanger ons Instagrams seeing how they all have a good old grand time wherever they go and us being the ones having to pay through our teeths to make them afford it.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree with you on a lot of points, but we're on two different sides of the fence with this one. Are you saying these prices for Las Vegas can be justified in any way?

I completely agree with you that the prices are insane.  I hope that they play to the venue one quarter full each night.  But is this something to get really angry about?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

No. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world not to be able to go to a show. I was just trying to put it into perspective.

3 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Yes. And that's a way to beat them. See them at Festival shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimMorrison4 said:

To be clear, I think there are a couple of different arguments going on in the thread:

Somehow people starting bickering over how many shows people choose to go to, which I personally don't think has to do with anything. I mean, if a person can and is able to get to a bunch of different GN'R shows.... who cares?

The other thing being argued is the Vegas ticket prices. I don't think (or at least I didn't see) anyone is upset with the general tour prices. However, everyone seems to be outraged at the Vegas prices specifically. I absolutely agree with those that are pissed about the tickets for that particular show.

• Like 2

Just now, Lio said:

No. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world not to be able to go to a show. I was just trying to put it into perspective.

Of course it isn't. None of us are going to be stewing to our loved ones tonight about GNR's prices, but since this is an online forum we might as well bitch and discuss here

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The idea that people 'are paid what they're worth' is just nonsense. as shown time and time again by the exploitation of lower paid workers. The notion that 'if they don't like it they should make themselves more valuable' is ridiculous - if they don't like it, someone else will take their job immediately. Probably on a lower wage. 

We don't live in an economy where workers are valuable anymore - many people simply have to struggle to get by on what they have from the job they have managed to attain, sometimes against nearly impossible odds. To suggest it's their fault that they aren't being paid well is simply wilful ignorance - the sort of claptrap that those at the very top of the financial pile always trot out to justify their own position and do nothing about the growing wage inequality that is causing major issues across the globe. 

Plus, it's damn offensive to hard working people. 

Which is why I said DEEMED what they're worth. Not what they're actually worth or deserve. If you work for someone they pay you what they think you, or the position you hold, is worth. There's really no arguing that point. And, typically, you're told what you're going to be paid for a job before you start. So it's kinda on you to make that decision if you wanna do it or not...

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

People who complain about people complaining are the fucking worst. Its literally a GNR message board, what do you fucking want?

People who complain about the complainers complaining about people complaining are even worse. ;)  Come on.... I agree with you that the prices are atrocious for Vegas.  But to start getting all preachy on a friggin rock band's pricing is a little extreme don't you think?

• Haha 1

Just now, WAR41 said:

People who complain about the complainers complaining about people complaining are even worse. ;)  Come on.... I agree with you that the prices are atrocious for Vegas.  But to start getting all preachy on a friggin rock band's pricing is a little extreme don't you think?

Probably

I hope we are all super worked up about this IRL. Can't wait to yell at my girlfriend when she gets home and throw my cat out the window.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WAR41 said:

I completely agree with you that the prices are insane.  I hope that they play to the venue one quarter full each night.  But is this something to get really angry about?  

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I hear what both of you are saying but here's my thing; I was in shock when I saw those Vegas prices. If nothing else, it's just plain off putting that a band I've supported so much would even consider charging such ridiculous prices.

That's just my perspective but based on my peception, I can totally see how others would get angry. 

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Of course it isn't. None of us are going to be stewing to our loved ones tonight about GNR's prices, but since this is an online forum we might as well bitch and discuss here

Errr... I actually already texted my gf a screenshot and said "Did you see this shit? Looks like we're going to Louder Than Life instead" :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Which is why I said DEEMED what they're worth. Not what they're actually worth or deserve. If you work for someone they pay you what they think you, or the position you hold, is worth. There's really no arguing that point. And, typically, you're told what you're going to be paid for a job before you start. So it's kinda on you to make that decision if you wanna do it or not...

Well the person DEEMING what someone is worth is often in a position of ludicrous wealth and power, to the point where people have no choice but to work for that pay. It's nothing to do with DEEMING anything - it's to do with how little they can legally pay someone. 

I's not up to people to make the decision whether they want to work for that though is it? What are they going to do if they think it's too low and they're in area or position where it's the only job they can do, or find? Say no and starve? 

Honestly, these arguments are such bollocks - the only people that ever spout them ae the super rich. 

• Like 2