NITLT 8 New dates Announced

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Vegas shows make the most sense for me from a logistical standpoint, however not from a $$ perspective!  Does anyone have any idea of what actual face value of the pit tickets are?  They are on TM's website for $1030/ ticket, just curious if that is face or a markup. If anyone has a live nation connection PM me and i'll make it worth their while!

1 hour ago, dallasgnrfan said:

Unfortunately the Vegas shows make the most sense for me from a logistical standpoint, however not from a $$ perspective!  Does anyone have any idea of what actual face value of the pit tickets are?  They are on TM's website for $1030/ ticket, just curious if that is face or a markup. If anyone has a live nation connection PM me and i'll make it worth their while!

Man, these ticket prices are insane.  I saw Guns/Aerosmith in '88 and the ticket was like 22 bucks(approximation, give or take a dollar or two).  I feel like Dana Carvey's angry old man from SNL.😄 "we used to put our faces right against the speakers until our eardrums bled, and we liked it".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

People still think SOYL vocals were re-recorded? There's obviously going to be some differences if it was an alternate take, but that's 80's Axl...

If anyone wants the 'vocal stem' (SOYL vocals with bass and drums mixed much lower) let me know.

I heard it the other day and still think it was re-recorded.. Maybe not all of it but some of it...

Steven has said that isn't him on drums.

To my ears some of if not all of the lead guitars are new.  That just doesn't sound like 1980's Slash at all. 

And it does sound like 80's Axl but I think in the studio he could still do that today.  He even managed to sound like old school Axl a few times during the NITL tour. This was one of his strongest songs of the tour so even more reason for me to believe he could pull it off in the studio.   Also right before the solo he does the "eeeww" noise which I don't ever remember him doing back in the day.. It seems to be something he does more now like when they play Civil War and Slither live these days. He does that right before those solos.  I have heard a handful of old SOYL demos and it was always sh na na na na or na na na na shadow of your love.. Not the d d d d d d shadow of your love like he does in that version and live. Never heard that til this version came out.  The tempo is also slowed down from any version I have heard..

Hell even the background vocals seem like Duff is trying to be more of a "singer" than he would have back in the day. 

I could be wrong but my gut feeling is that they doctored the song up somewhat or entirely because it was going to be a single. Every time I hear it I am more convinced.  I would almost put money on it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I heard it the other day and still think it was re-recorded.. Maybe not all of it but some of it...

To my ears some of if not all of the lead guitars are new.  That just doesn't sound like 1980's Slash at all. 

And it does sound like 80's Axl but I think in the studio he could still do that today.  He even managed to sound like old school Axl a few times during the NITL tour. This was one of his strongest songs of the tour so even more reason for me to believe he could pull it off in the studio.   Also right before the solo he does the "eeeww" noise which I don't ever remember him doing back in the day.. It seems to be something he does more now like when they play Civil War and Slither live these days. He does that right before those solos.  I have heard a handful of old SOYL demos and it was always sh na na na na or na na na na shadow of your love.. Not the d d d d d d shadow of your love like he does in that version and live. Never heard that til this version came out.  The tempo is also slowed down from any version I have heard..

Hell even the background vocals seem like Duff is trying to be more of a "singer" than he would have back in the day. 

I could be wrong but my gut feeling is that they doctored the song up somewhat or entirely because it was going to be a single. Every time I hear it I am more convinced.  I would almost put money on it. 

I still think it's an old recording that they tried to make sound more 'modern' with the remaster, but its entirely an 80's track. 

I'll send you the separated tracks from the 5.1 disc if you don't already have them, there are little parts where I can see why people think they might be re-recorded, but after hearing the different channels there's no doubt for me that it's an old track.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I still think it's an old recording that they tried to make sound more 'modern' with the remaster, but its entirely an 80's track. 

I'll send you the separated tracks from the 5.1 disc if you don't already have them, there are little parts where I can see why people think they might be re-recorded, but after hearing the different channels there's no doubt for me that it's an old track.

I'll definitely check them out but I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would put money on it.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Can you send them to me too please? :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amaya said:

To those who are going to Las Vegas, you willl not be disappointed. I think the band will do some different things. Have a great time. Please post reviews. 

Hearing about the shows won't be a problem. When any new shows happen, we generally end up with a 30+ page thread on them. YouTube clips will be hard to come by this time (thanks again, GN'R!) but I'm certain there will be plenty of discussion going on :)

• Like 2

On 18/07/2019 at 12:18 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Do you think you'd be able to send me them as well? 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

It appears the pit ticket prices are dropping (at least at the OKC show) was over 400 now dropped to about 300. I will snag some pit tix when it gets to 250.

I hope Vegas drops. Pit for night 1 is $900 and night 2 only has the VIP upgrade for $1300. Sheesh.

Edited by nycgunner

On 9/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, Amaya said:

Def Leppard just ended their Las Vegas residency. GnR up next for rock n roll. I dont know of there is another rock group between DL and GnR

I saw Def Lep there. They kicked ass.  So fun.  Great venue (Zappos Theatre).  Awesome show.  So cool.  Loved it. $100 for GA “Pit”.    Would love to see Guns again in my favorite city but yeesh- too $$$ when I factor in travel costs etc......

Just had a look at the Lincoln Nebraska show and whilst the $65 have sold well most of the floor / expensive seats remain unsold. Can see a lot of "upgrades" to stop the venue looking daft.

Maybe shows there is a real appetite still for seeing GNR amongst passive fans but not to pay top dollar for them. Interesting that pit tickets are $100 more than when they went on sale. Classic supply and demand economics in play by Live Nation.

• 2 weeks later...