Interesting GnR EBay listings

1987b

01-01-01 Japanese import claiming to be a soundboard 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-HOUSE-OF-BLUES-LAS-VEGAS-010101-USA-2001-AXL-ROSE-SLASH-2CD/233190845026?hash=item364b41ea62:g:g6EAAOSw0~RcqNfz#vi__app-cvip-panel

I never knew their was a soundboard recording of this. I had the old Kenyoke bootleg that I got back in 2001 that was made from an pretty good audience recording.  I really wish I saw this before the auction ended. Is this common knowledge that this is out there and been around a while or is this new. At first I thought it was a leaked cd from 2001 that I remember was being sold on a Japanese site HMV I think.  I remember pre ordering It and still waiting to get it. 19 years was a heck of a pre order. 

Also anyone have any clue what this was?  I posted it in another thread too. Seems very strange to me.. sold for 5.5k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Six-Gnr-Studio-Tapes-And-Two-Gnr-Video-Tapes/383014909592?hash=item592d77b698:i:383014909592#vi__app-cvip-panel

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1987b said:

01-01-01 Japanese import claiming to be a soundboard 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-HOUSE-OF-BLUES-LAS-VEGAS-010101-USA-2001-AXL-ROSE-SLASH-2CD/233190845026?hash=item364b41ea62:g:g6EAAOSw0~RcqNfz#vi__app-cvip-panel

I never knew their was a soundboard recording of this. I had the old Kenyoke bootleg that I got back in 2001 that was made from an pretty good audience recording.  I really wish I saw this before the auction ended. Is this common knowledge that this is out there and been around a while or is this new. At first I thought it was a leaked cd from 2001 that I remember was being sold on a Japanese site HMV I think.  I remember pre ordering It and still waiting to get it. 19 years was a heck of a pre order. 

Also anyone have any clue what this was?  I posted it in another thread too. Seems very strange to me.. sold for 5.5k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Six-Gnr-Studio-Tapes-And-Two-Gnr-Video-Tapes/383014909592?hash=item592d77b698:i:383014909592#vi__app-cvip-panel

The first one appears to be just some asshole selling the audio from the widely available and FREE proshot video of the show.

The second one looks like it's probably just playing cards that might have been used at the Hard Rock during their residency. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The second one looks like it's probably just playing cards that might have been used at the Hard Rock during their residency. 

No, the playing cards weren't the listing.  Look at the top and click 'View original listing'.  Six Gnr Studio Tapes And Two Gnr Video Tapes

• GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oooooooooooooooo, now THAT is interesting!

Yes.  It's VERY interesting.  @1987b posted it in another thread and no one responded to it.  Quite a vague listing for such an expensive item.  I wonder which circle knew what it was and bought it. 

Let's drag @troccoli into this and see if he has any idea.  

Edited by WAR41
Troccoli save us!

8 hours ago, WAR41 said:

Yes.  It's VERY interesting.  @1987b posted it in another thread and no one responded to it.  Quite a vague listing for such an expensive item.  I wonder which circle knew what it was and bought it. 

I'm guessing it was a deal that was hashed out elsewhere and they used ebay to make the transaction.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, WAR41 said:

It's another GNR mystery!

Not sure why I just didn’t do this in the first place but just messaged the seller through eBay to ask them what this was all about and they got right back to me.  Sounds like he has other items too   No idea what his connection is but figured I would pass along the info  

These are studio recordings from when the band was recording Appetite for Destruction. I have others, just haven’t listed them yet.

• Thanks 1