Guns N' Roses playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

Ok, finally got my translator to work.

Guns N 'Roses returns to Brazil for Lolla show of 2020

27.06.2019 18:16 by  José Norberto Flesch 0

North American band will be one of the headliners of the festival, next year;event dates are being set

Three years after the presence of Metallica in the line up, heavy rock returns to be one of the main attractions of the Brazilian Lollapalooza. The Destak found that the 2020 edition will be GNR as one of headliners. The event takes place on dates to be defined between the end of March and the beginning of April.

My hopes for a new album dwindle with every mini leg they add to NITL. The interviews will slowly start turning into “yeah, new music is happening, but we haven’t had time to work on it due to touring...”, just like the NuGNR era. It’s a shame.

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This tour should have ended in 2017 with the NA shows. It's getting a little ridiculous now :facepalm:

Nah I say the 2018 shows were justified since most major tours last two years and involve artists touring each major region twice over (with the second round for each region being considered the “pickups” for markets missed last time or even just for people who didn’t get the chance to see them the first time around).

hell, I’ll even defend the mini tour this fall if the band really feels it be necessary for “getting back into the groove” for a new album.

more tour dates after that tho? And STILL with no new music... yeah, I agree. That’s a bit ridiculous.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

It's a 34 year old band at this point.  Most people just want to hear the hits; we're a minority unfortunately.  

I do know there's intentions of new music, but that's not saying much at this point.  The intention has always been there.  Execution and follow through seem to be the main hang ups.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I don’t know why everyone is jumping to conclusions. I think there’s surely enough time to work on music from November 2019 to whenever Lollapalooza 2020 is (likely won’t be earlier than April).

I think it depends on whether or not these rumored 2020 dates end up also being part of the NITL tour, or if they’re part of the tour for whatever the next album will be called.

also, don’t forget that there are rumored dates for Asia early next year too, so that cuts into the gap that you described above.

Edited by rocknroll41

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

My hopes for a new album dwindle with every mini leg they add to NITL. The interviews will slowly start turning into “yeah, new music is happening, but we haven’t had time to work on it due to touring...”, just like the NuGNR era. It’s a shame.

I always thought thats bullshit, a convenient excuse. If the desire was there to record they could record stuff here and there on the road. Maybe book some studio time on the off days like the band did for the spaghetti incident.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think it depends on whether or not these rumored 2020 dates end up also being part of the NITL tour, or if they’re part of the tour for whatever the next album will be called.

also, don’t forget that there are rumored dates for Asia early next year too, so that cuts into the gap that you described above.

If new music isnt released by then, there will be no new music.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The rumor is Lollapalooza in Brazil, Chile and Argentina

Makes sense, I think they share a large bit of the line-ups normally. And GNR is wildly popular in South-America. Don't hope it means they'll extend onto the EU festival season starting June... 

I know there’s still parts of the world they still haven’t done and I can’t wait to see them next year if the rumoured uk shows are true but it’s really time to retire the NITL name and start a fresh tour. Even better just concentrate on getting a new album out. I just feel now that using the NITL name is just an excuse to keep using the “reunion “ word to sell tickets.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Makes sense, I think they share a large bit of the line-ups normally. And GNR is wildly popular in South-America. Don't hope it means they'll extend onto the EU festival season starting June... 

I think summer euro festivals are already rumored though...

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

We can only hope that Slash puts his foot down at one point, like, no new music, no more shows.

He’ll never do that. Have you heard about his ridiculous divorce alimony?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If new music isnt released by then, there will be no new music.

Yeah if not even a single new song (old rarities from the 80s and cartoon songs dont count) doesn’t come out by the end of 2020, I’m giving up on the idea of new music, and fully accepting GnR as just as notalgia act now.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think summer euro festivals are already rumored though...

He’ll never do that. Have you heard about his ridiculous divorce alimony?

Well probably, although usually all the big acts are 'rumoured', also Metallica, SOAD, whatever, even both havent played a festivalshow in Europe in years.

But then again, their last festival run here was pretty limited, they could definitely do the likes of Roskilde, Rock am Ring / im Park, Reading, Pinkpop, Werchter, Open'er, and much, much more. They'll probably need to slim it down a bit though, with their last run a lot of festival added a day or more or less freed up a day for them. I dont think a lot of festival are eager to allow a 3,5hr slot again. And tbh, its really unnecessary at festivals and at this point in the tour. Just play hits for 2hrs, drop all the silly covers and endless noodling and 'The General Public' will be happy.

• Like 1

They will not retire the NITL name before getting the top spot of highest grossing tour of all time, at this point, i like to think this is their goal, or at least Axl goal, better than touring til the end of time just so they dont really need to think about new music, guess both are the reasons.

But Ed Sheeran is after that record too, and he is young and insane, and can play sold out stadiums, so he wont stop adding dates to his tour.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Regarding your last paragraph, i so hope that means an oz tour for feb 2020.