Guns N' Roses playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

9 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

It’s a childhood crush, she will never move on! 

What GNR song they could sing together?

Hahaha those are the worst crushes. 

I would love to see her singing something totally unexpected but I guess it would be cool if they could've perform a cover of Fiona Apple's Limp. The passive-agressive chorus would fit well with Axl, and Lana could sing the verses. 

34 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Hahaha those are the worst crushes. 

I would love to see her singing something totally unexpected but I guess it would be cool if they could've perform a cover of Fiona Apple's Limp. The passive-agressive chorus would fit well with Axl, and Lana could sing the verses. 

Limp is amazing, love Fiona! BTW Lana’s new album is also great. But I’m wondering what she would like to sing as a guest at their show (a GNR song)/ what would fit her voice. The two of them singing together would be pretty exotic hahah, I think she’d probably faint. LOL.

18 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Limp is amazing, love Fiona! BTW Lana’s new album is also great. But I’m wondering what she would like to sing as a guest at their show (a GNR song)/ what would fit her voice. The two of them singing together would be pretty exotic hahah, I think she’d probably faint. LOL.

Fiona IS one my teenage crush haha. And she likes to release album almost as much as Axl. That says a lot about me lol :shrugs:

Someone mentioned Sorry, I guess that would fit Lana's style? Maybe This I Love or Don't Cry?

I'll try Lana's new album, but I must say I didnt mind her previous stuff.

12 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

https://www.937kclb.com/guns-n-roses-to-play-lollapalooza-in-2020/

Part of the rumor also hints that GNR could hit the stage with “a new record and the classical formation, or the closest to it,” or even play 1991’s Use Your Illusion in its entirety.

What do you guys think about it? 

How viable are these rumors (i.e. where are they coming from?) I've heard tons of rumors since joining this site in 2015 and very few have turned out to be legitimate. If it's just some radio station reporting it, I'm less inclined to believe it.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

How viable are these rumors? I've heard tons of rumors since joining this site in 2015 and very few have turned out to be legitimate. 

Well I'd say close to 0% cause they have 2 totally different rumors like they're somehow related

Edited by Nicklord

10 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

Part of the rumor also hints that GNR could hit the stage with “a new record and the classical formation, or the closest to it,” or even play 1991’s Use Your Illusion in its entirety.

If they played all of UYI the show would be like 5 hours long.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

That exact same rumour was doing the rounds at the beginning of 2019. 

I'd give it zero attention. 

Basically, these few (as yet) shows in March/April don’t really have to mean anything in terms of a "tour". It could be just several independent gigs without a common denominator. I think we’re past the point where the world needs to be pointed out that a certain gigantic tour exists, so don’t forget to buy tickets... It’s been in the music news for 4 years now. 
Let’s just hope that the "NITL" moniker doesn't appear on their web / social media before March. 

This is a very interesting rumour. The end of the NITL, and all this AFD conmemoration, merch and all the boxsets about it.

Its UYI time!!! oooh yeah!!!! Gimme the 2020 beard Axl!!! :headbang: and some rasp too. im saving money to that boxset!!!! DONT FORGET THE BLURAYS!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Yes, but it actually came from the same journalist that had the scoop on GNR playing the Lollapalooza in Brazil. 

Well fair enough.....but these sort of claims are thrown around so readily I've no idea why anyone would take them too seriously anymore. Just think about how many there have been in the last 2 or 3 years.....absolutely none of them turned out to be true. 

Sooner or later I guess that one will be true (law of averages!) but original band members coming back, new material and UYI in full? I think not. 

It's pretty easy to say anything and say "the rumour is....." but there's never any evidence of any of this stuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Well fair enough.....but these sort of claims are thrown around so readily I've no idea why anyone would take them too seriously anymore. Just think about how many there have been in the last 2 or 3 years.....absolutely none of them turned out to be true. 

Sooner or later I guess that one will be true (law of averages!) but original band members coming back, new material and UYI in full? I think not. 

It's pretty easy to say anything and say "the rumour is....." but there's never any evidence of any of this stuff. 

IMO, this obviously came from the promoter who booked the gigs. He may have asked to TB what the band would bring, and they said the plan is to play more UYI (they did with Locomotive, Dead Horse and they rehearsed So Fine), and to have some new songs (it seems like there's at least something in the air with Hard School being rehearsed). The original band members story, I dont know. Maybe another Adler guest appearance? 

It seems like it was the stuff that was being tossed around back then. 

12 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

IMO, this obviously came from the promoter who booked the gigs. He may have asked to TB what the band would bring, and they said the plan is to play more UYI (they did with Locomotive, Dead Horse and they rehearsed So Fine), and to have some new songs (it seems like there's at least something in the air with Hard School being rehearsed). The original band members story, I dont know. Maybe another Adler guest appearance? 

It seems like it was the stuff that was being tossed around back then. 

We'll see.....but if any of that happens in March I'll show my arse in my living room window at rush-hour! 

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't believe AFD5 will ever reunite .. & The fact that they've dropped Adler & Izzy's skulls & have added the rest of the band is telling ..

It's pointless to say things like this. The exact same was said about Axl and Slash just 5 years ago

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's pointless to say things like this. The exact same was said about Axl and Slash just 5 years ago

It's pointless to even entertain AFD5 when the PERFECT opportunity came & has now passed ... If it did happen, sadly it wouldn't even matter because Axl has completely checked out ... Izzy & Adler wont change a single thing except make the '87 for lifers happy .. For their sake & for the fans sake they should leave that mythic lineup where in belongs ... In the far far past

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 1

They wont play the UYI albums in full but its obvious that someone in GNR camp let promoters and press in SA know that the setlist will have more UYI tracks. Locomotive and Dead Horse being played and hopefully So Fine, Pretty Tied Up, The Garden and Bad Obsession make an appearance too!

Edited by Walapino