Guns N' Roses playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

On 6/27/2019 at 10:18 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I always thought thats bullshit, a convenient excuse. If the desire was there to record they could record stuff here and there on the road. Maybe book some studio time on the off days like the band did for the spaghetti incident.

If new music isnt released by then, there will be no new music.

Hollywood Vampires recorded most of their new album in hotel rooms while on tour, and when they aren’t on tour, Alice Cooper is doing his own tour.   Guns N’ Roses are just lazy. Or perhaps the creativity just isn’t there anymore.  What made Appetite so great was the fire and hunger in them.  Chinese was basically all about some Victoria’s Secret model and self referential in recording the album almost.  

I wanted, and still do, want to hear the stuff Axl had worked on while doing Chinese.  I liked oh My God, Silk Worms etc.  but enough is enough.  If that stuff was going to come out it would’ve 10 years ago.

Edited by Evan442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

It might be able to fit if they were do something in between CD and Velvet Revolver like what some fans did with If the World / Slither, Madagascar / Messages

Yeah I’d be up for an album like that. Sounds like a good compromise, if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Evan442 said:

Guns N’ Roses are just lazy. Or perhaps the creativity just isn’t there anymore. 100% agree but I think there's also Axl's insecurity about calling something finished and releasing it to the world- must be tough for any artist who's already created something iconic and universally lauded- but with him it's grown through the decades into a full-blown psychological complex. I really believe that in 2008 the record co. finally said enough already and dragged those 14 CD tracks away from him kicking and screaming.

I wanted, and still do, want to hear the stuff Axl had worked on while doing Chinese.  I liked oh My God, Silk Worms etc.  but enough is enough.  If that stuff was going to come out it would’ve 10 years ago. Sadly I'm afraid this might be true too- I know people have said for years oh yeah there's enough for 3 albums, part 2's in the can and then there's the remix record, etc etc- but come on: words have proven time after time to be pretty hollow (so far anyway).

Has this been talked about here yet?:

There are suspicions that the North American band will bring a new record and the classic line-up, or the closest to it. Another rumor is that the group could play the entire “Use Your Illusion” album from 1991, in which they recorded hits like “You Could Be Mine”, “Don’t Cry”, and the cover of “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” (by Bob Dylan).

https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-returns-to-brazil-to-perform-at-lollapalooza-in-2020/

while I doubt the band would actually have the balls to do UYI front to back (doesn’t make sense without Matt, Izzy/Gilby, and Teddy anyway), I can totally see the next tour cycle just being a slightly different nostalgia spin than what we’ve had up until now, rather than anything that’s genuinely new.

Edited by rocknroll41

23 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Has this been talked about here yet?:

There are suspicions that the North American band will bring a new record and the classic line-up, or the closest to it. Another rumor is that the group could play the entire “Use Your Illusion” album from 1991, in which they recorded hits like “You Could Be Mine”, “Don’t Cry”, and the cover of “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” (by Bob Dylan).

https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-returns-to-brazil-to-perform-at-lollapalooza-in-2020/

while I doubt the band would actually have the balls to do UYI front to back (doesn’t make sense without Matt, Izzy/Gilby, and Teddy anyway), I can totally see the next tour cycle just being a slightly different nostalgia spin than what we’ve had up until now, rather than anything that’s genuinely new.

Is there any credibility to this, or just a wild guess?

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

😃 theres no way axl could do RNDTH, perfect crime and coma in one night. If this could be possible they could ask via a poll on this site, what illusion era songs people want to hear and base those responses plus scom,jungle paradise city as a setlist for the next tour.

On 03/07/2019 at 11:15 PM, justynius said:

If they debut some new songs like they did at Rock in Rio 3, that could be a really fun night for GN'R fans.

Yeah, I just wish Axl would show up for these shows on a good vocal shape, but we all know thats not gonna happen

On 02/07/2019 at 8:48 AM, default_ said:

I live in Brazil and will probably skip it. Ive completely lost interest for this tour lol

But this journalist is spot on, if he says GNR is doing it, I believe.

I live in Rio, and I'm guessing they will play here too if they actually play Lola. If not, I may consider going to SP. never went to Lolla, it may be fun

On 01. 07. 2019. at 4:20 AM, MaskingApathy said:

there definately is something going on ehind the scenes

1) first that Niven interview about Iz

2) Steven stabing himself last week

3) Duff playing Dead Horse and You ain't the first out of the blue

4) band ending NITL , then adding more dates but with the gap of almost a year between the legs

5) More Brazil dates added after they already played Brazil like 3 times in 3 years.

6) TB managing band, Brazilian media claiming 'classical line up' or closest to it.

My guess, Adler found out he is not a part of it. So probably Matt and Iz.  Although...Duff tone lately doesn't suggest any movement in Iz direction + Gilby suggested a few months he 'saw the whole band recently'...

who knows...

Just to make money, so they can afford a nu album, wich the media and the fans will expect nothing but the best thing ever released, where the hand of god toucheth upon the band.

The worst thing is to imagine the lollapalooza type of crowd, those millenials, used to listen to Travis Scott n shit, seeing GN'R for the first time. I can only imagine their comments...

"meh, this music is not Gender Neutral"
"meh, this can't reduce the carbon footprint of single mothers"
"meh, axl can't sing for shit" 
"I wanna listen to billie eilish, who's slash?"

"ZIZ IZ NOT GUNS N ROZIS, ZIZ IZ AXL SOLO BAND, AND ZIZ SUCKZ"

Edited by NeonKinight
  • Haha 1

On 29/06/2019 at 4:27 PM, RussTCB said:

Recording and releasing new albums isn't hard for every other band on the planet. 

Unless Gn'R has any economic benefit from releasing an album, well they aren't going to release anything...

At least that's my opinion.

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

4) band ending NITL , then adding more dates but with the gap of almost a year between the legs

5) More Brazil dates added after they already played Brazil like 3 times in 3 years.

6) TB managing band, Brazilian media claiming 'classical line up' or closest to it.

My guess, Adler found out he is not a part of it. So probably Matt and Iz.  Although...Duff tone lately doesn't suggest any movement in Iz direction + Gilby suggested a few months he 'saw the whole band recently'...

who knows...

What

3 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Just to make money, so they can afford a nu album, wich the media and the fans will expect nothing but the best thing ever released, where the hand god toucheth upon the band.

The worst thing is to imagine the lollapalooza type of crowd, those millenials, used to listen to Travis Scott n shit, seeing GN'R for the first time. I can only imagine their comments...

"meh, this music is not Gender Neutral"
"meh, this can't reduce the carbon footprint of single mothers"
"meh, axl can't sing for shit" 
"I wanna listen to billie eilish, who's slash?"

"ZIZ IZ NOT GUNS N ROZIS, ZIZ IZ AXL SOLO BAND, AND ZIZ SUCKZ"

Billie Eilish is actually pretty cool.

13 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

who knows...

Why still call the tour NITL if it’s supposed to be related now to UYI then?

A tour playing UYI makes a lot of sense. It’s a perfect way for Axl to rest on his laurels and not do anything new. As far as Izzy playing with gnr again, lol. Didn’t everyone read his tweet? He feels slighted. The second highest grossing tour of all time just happened... without him. What would be his reasoning for writing or performing with the band again? Some of these wild fantasies though lol

• Like 1

It’s just some 15 dates over a month or so, I don’t expect any major changes. All they have to do is shuffle the playlist around a bit and maybe add something "new" from the past like they did with SOYL. One new tune would blow up the roof though. 
And then, off to the studio! Although maybe not before the Christmas; and January is generally a slow start anyway, so maybe beginning February? 

4 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

A tour playing UYI makes a lot of sense. It’s a perfect way for Axl to rest on his laurels and not do anything new. As far as Izzy playing with gnr again, lol. Didn’t everyone read his tweet? He feels slighted. The second highest grossing tour of all time just happened... without him. What would be his reasoning for writing or performing with the band again? Some of these wild fantasies though lol

do you think UYI tour would gross less