Guns N' Roses playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

41 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Lolla is more of an indie/alternative kind of festival with only a few mainstream names. If you don’t like that kind of music, you’ll never like the lineup. It’s not a festival for GNR fans.

Indeed. Indie/Alt is my cup of tea, but I can't say I care much for the big names in this lineup.

Just now, Pinball Wizard said:

Hopefully they will let the show be broadcasted so I can bitch about the setlist in the comfort of my own couch. 

This. I was considering after I saw the price: R$ 1.000 (roughly $250). Think I'll have to pass again.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Lolla is more of an indie/alternative kind of festival with only a few mainstream names. If you don’t like that kind of music, you’ll never like the lineup. It’s not a festival for GNR fans.

This, they come here, but i don't like Fest and in specially Lollapalooza is full of hipsters at least in my country. I will pass it. Just hope they come here some moment with they own gig and new album.

25 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

The setlist for this show has leaked!

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma

Blues Jam/ Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita lineman
November rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience or Don't Cry
The Seeker 
Paradise City

A 30 min version of KNHD lol imagine that

1 hour ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

They have time. Myles is with his band, so Slash is free. Duff also finished his solo album tour. It’s just a matter of actually doing the work. After this reunion I don’t doubt anything and I don’t think Axl wants to sit around, he seems excited and happy. Besides we all know that’s not how Slash and Duff work and him sitting around would not be good for their relationship.

That said, I don’t think they are worried with deadlines, they’ll do it on their own time. If I had to guess anything I would say that they’ve already done more than we think.

Good post! 

I think a new album could happen, but not until 2021-22 minimum. I also predict SMKC4 will happen before a new album.

48 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

The setlist for this show has leaked!

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma

Blues Jam/ Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita lineman
November rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience or Don't Cry
The Seeker 
Paradise City

Anyone else really burnt out on this joke? It was pretty funny the first time but really is getting annoying in my opinion.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Indeed. Indie/Alt is my cup of tea, but I can't say I care much for the big names in this lineup.

This. I was considering after I saw the price: R$ 1.000 (roughly $250). Think I'll have to pass again.

I love indie, but you have to like at least a handful of artists to pay so much for a ticket...and probably have a few friends excited to go too, so you don’t have to sit around all day, because let’s be honest festivals are a young people’s game and I’m 34!

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Good post! 

I think a new album could happen, but not until 2021-22 minimum. I also predict SMKC4 will happen before a new album.

I would say late 2020/2021.

But yes, you’re probably right about SMKC, because Myles is a crazy workaholic jut like Slash. And the other guys...well I don’t know anything about them 😁

3 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I love indie, but you have to like at least a handful of artists to pay so much for a ticket...and probably have a few friends excited to go too, so you don’t have to sit around all day, because let’s be honest festivals are a young people’s game and I’m 34!

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean. I'm 39 and going through some herniated disc BS right now.  

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

That's not a good lineup. It tries to be everything but it doesn't have enough names for each genre.

But I guess it will sell good cause it doesn't have any real competition

At least here, Lollapalooza always is sold out few months before that find out about which line up is.

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean. I'm 39 and going through some herniated disc BS right now.  

And walking from one stage to the other is like running a marathon!

5 minutes ago, Ratam said:

At least here, Lollapalooza always is sold out few months before that find out about which line up is.

What a crazy world we live in! People pay for a really expensive ticket and they don’t even know who’s playing. Music is not the main thing, it’s all about the experience and of course Instagram.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

What a crazy world we live in! People pay for a really expensive ticket and they don’t even know who’s playing. Music is not the main thing, it’s all about the experience and of course Instagram.

Exactly like you said, is most very rich people and these venue is an racehorse that most is attendance for high society people.

7 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

A lot of is that people know what to expect. For example Glastonbury sold 135k tickets in 30 minutes. Some metal festivals like Wacken or Hellfest also sell out. And you know that all 3 od them won't disappoint

You also know what to expect at Lolla too. If you don't like the bands you can always sell your ticket 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Likely. But it's up to the band if they allow it. That shithead Drake didnt want his show to be broadcasted in Rock In Rio last week.

Knowing the band they probably won't broadcast it but then again they allowed it in Rio 2017 giving us one of Axl's worst shows of the tour on high quality.

14 hours ago, Nicklord said:

They've been successful for 20 years without any dip in popularity since like 2005 after being really massive for a few years

I know they were big in the early 2000's but I honestly haven't heard any of their music, or even anything about them, for like 10-15 years. Had no idea they were still around.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The Darkness are still a great band though. Should check out their newer albums, might be surprised by how much they have changed. Never had time for the strokes or the hives though.

Darkness are one of those bands you want to shake, because they've had several songs since they've  returned that could have charted, but they released something  else instead. Poor management.

Also an absolutely  killer live band, they'll take your head off! 

I actually saw the Darkness a few years ago, on the Last Of Our Kind tour. Fun show!