Guns N' Roses playing Lollapalooza 2020 in Brasil

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Likely. But it's up to the band if they allow it. That shithead Drake didnt want his show to be broadcasted in Rock In Rio last week.

Kendrick Lamar in the last Lollapalooza BR also didn't allowed broadcast. 

So there's several gigs of this festival, one of them being in April in Brasil. Slash's FB confirms they'll be at all 3 gigs, meaning that the "something in March" is officially extending to April now. Hope that'll be it. 

Edited by jamillos

6 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Knowing the band they probably won't broadcast it but then again they allowed it in Rio 2017 giving us one of Axl's worst shows of the tour on high quality.

Because it was rock in rio, and rock in rio has a contract with Globo that includes broadcasting every concert live, so every artist that signs to play rock in rio gotta agree to broadcast their concert beforehand. But apparently Drake broke that contract and threatened not to play if the broadcast wasn't cancelled (he didn't want to do the show since the beginning saying that "the stage was too small for a big artist like him" but accepted after a 4 million dollars deal, fired his light engineer and re-hired because couldn't find a substitute, came from canada just for this show and immeadtly went back home. Total dick) otherwise they'll have to explain to 100k people that flew from all over the country just to see that asshole who was playing for the first (and only) time in Brazil, that the show got cancelled. They even had the RIR VP on live TV to awkwardly explain why we wouldn't be able to watch drake's set lmao.

Long story short: that's why we have proshot of every show GNR has ever done in RIR, because it's under contract. But lolla isn't :/ 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So there's several gigs of this festival, one of them being in April in Brasil. Slash's FB confirms they'll be at all 3 gigs, meaning that the "something in March" is officially extending to April now. Hope that'll be it. 

Brazil, Argentina and Chile

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Beginning of August usually. So I guess that means more US shows?

Thats what im thinking. Interesting slash said shows upto march and then supposed to be gnr studio time. Unless any album is done and a new tour announced. Its hard to keep up with this band 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sydney Fan

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Why would you want the band to not do more shows? Do you honestly think this is the reason why they don't work and/or release new material?

21 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why would you want the band to not do more shows? Do you honestly think this is the reason why they don't work and/or release new material?

Yes. The less time they spend touring, the more time they – theoretically – spend working on new stuff, right? Anyway, this would look like the same old discussion about the credibility of Slash’s words all over again, so let’s not do it; when he said "the fall dates and that’s it and then work", I don’t see a single reason not to believe him. I don’t remember the last time he’s lied/misinformed the public in this regard (in the old days)...

Edited by jamillos

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I know they were big in the early 2000's but I honestly haven't heard any of their music, or even anything about them, for like 10-15 years. Had no idea they were still around.

I actually saw the Darkness a few years ago, on the Last Of Our Kind tour. Fun show!

Yeah, they broke up in 2006, got back together in 2009 or 2010, and have been struggling to get any real exposure from any radio, magazines since. Same problem most bands have they can get their old hits played on radio but anything new is off limits for radio rotation, so if you're not actively looking for their music you can miss it easily.

I think I've seen them 5 times, seeing them next month too; safe to say I'm a fan. Great show, but I think there's a humour translation meltdown with some non UK/Irish fans, they take what they say in interviews and prancing around in videos, way too seriously. Now, they have pockets of fans everywhere that get the humour obviously, but I think it's a fair assessment. Kinda like when Robert Plant makes a cheeky quip about not wanting to do the reunion or comments on Greta van fleet; English humour is dry. 

59 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yes. The less time they spend touring, the more time they – theoretically – spend working on new stuff, right? Anyway, this would look like the same old discussion about the credibility of Slash’s words all over again, so let’s not do it; when he said "the fall dates and that’s it and then work", I don’t see a single reason not to believe him. I don’t remember the last time he’s lied/misinformed the public in this regard (in the old days)...

I guess, what people are really questioning is whether anything will appear, rather than if Slash meant what he said. He also said that timelines and guns don't really exist and that he had no idea when the album might be finished and released.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thats what im thinking. Interesting slash said shows upto march and then supposed to be gnr studio time. Unless any album is done and a new tour announced. Its hard to keep up with this band 🤷‍♂️

Maybe between April and August they can work on the album?

59 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I guess, what people are really questioning is whether anything will appear, rather than if Slash meant what he said. He also said that timelines and guns don't really exist and that he had no idea when the album might be finished and released.

Yea but no, the question was whether them being on the tour is the reason why they haven’t released new material yet. To which I say yes – in general. Say if the tour ended in 2017, we’d be listening to a brand new record right now instead of MacDaddy, I have no doubts about that. 
And again, I don’t see a single reason to start doubting Slash’s words (i.e. intentions) all of a sudden. They’ll start working, and he and Duff are going to want to put shit out sooner or later. 
Apples and oranges, this is not Chinese Democracy any more. ;)

59 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yea but no, the question was whether them being on the tour is the reason why they haven’t released new material yet. To which I say yes – in general. Say if the tour ended in 2017, we’d be listening to a brand new record right now instead of MacDaddy, I have no doubts about that. 
And again, I don’t see a single reason to start doubting Slash’s words (i.e. intentions) all of a sudden. They’ll start working, and he and Duff are going to want to put shit out sooner or later. 
Apples and oranges, this is not Chinese Democracy any more. ;)

Ok... Slash and Duff can 'Want' all day long, they don't have the final decision, and if the man doesn't lay vocals on it, then it isn't getting released. I believe they'll start working, but I also say there's no great reason to be expecting anything 'soon', if we were getting a record soon, Slash would not have followed up his comments with a "let's wait and see how it turns out, Guns never has a timeline" type comment. He has no real idea when this record may actually be out, that's the point I was making. I don't doubt what he said, I just think we should fully hear what he's saying ;)  

"This is not Chinese Democracy anymore"... my oh my, considering the topic, I think you'll live to eat those words:lol:

I'll end with saying, I kinda... possibly, anticipate a new record next year... at what time? I don't know!

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Ok... Slash and Duff can 'Want' all day long, they don't have the final decision, and if the man doesn't lay vocals on it, then it isn't getting released. I believe they'll start working, but I also say there's no great reason to be expecting anything 'soon', if we were getting a record soon, Slash would not have followed up his comments with a "let's wait and see how it turns out, Guns never has a timeline" type comment. He has no real idea when this record may actually be out, that's the point I was making. I don't doubt what he said, I just think we should fully hear what he's saying ;)  

"This is not Chinese Democracy anymore"... my oh my, considering the topic, I think you'll live to eat those words:lol:

I'll end with saying, I kinda... possibly, anticipate a new record next year... at what time? I don't know!

Of course it’s about Axl, but it’s not solely about Axl any more, that’s the thing. I was never saying I believe in some "soon" concept, but I believe if Slash says shit’s gonna happen, then shit’s gonna happen. It could be six months or it could be a year and a half, but I don’t think there will be another massive tour (continuation of NITL? or even Up Close and Personal now?) before a new record is released. I hope I’m making sense, as I’ve had a few...

Edited by jamillos

10 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Because it was rock in rio, and rock in rio has a contract with Globo that includes broadcasting every concert live, so every artist that signs to play rock in rio gotta agree to broadcast their concert beforehand. But apparently Drake broke that contract and threatened not to play if the broadcast wasn't cancelled (he didn't want to do the show since the beginning saying that "the stage was too small for a big artist like him" but accepted after a 4 million dollars deal, fired his light engineer and re-hired because couldn't find a substitute, came from canada just for this show and immeadtly went back home. Total dick) otherwise they'll have to explain to 100k people that flew from all over the country just to see that asshole who was playing for the first (and only) time in Brazil, that the show got cancelled. They even had the RIR VP on live TV to awkwardly explain why we wouldn't be able to watch drake's set lmao.

Long story short: that's why we have proshot of every show GNR has ever done in RIR, because it's under contract. But lolla isn't :/ 

Are you sure the broadcast isn't part of Lolla's contract too? I remember Robert Plant and Metallica were broadcasted, don't know about other years or artists.

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yes, theoretically. What I'm saying is even though Slash is saying the truth (and I guess he is, I don't think he would lie about that now), the tour doesn't get in the way of the planning of a new record.

First, because they can all work abroad if they really want to. Plus, at the very least, anyone can write some ideas just using their computers and bouncing it back and forth with other members. The recording sessions may have to happen in a proper studio (I assume they could fund the project by themselves, but the record company may be interested again in a new GNR record with Slash and Duff), but if everything is already figured out, that could be a fairly straight foward process and wouldn't take more than three months IMO. 

Second, they had enough time already if they wanted. They could've rework the CD sessions. They could've rework the 1996 sessions. They could've write new things together on their previous tour. They could at least release a single before getting on the road again. This works with any other band. 

If they chose to play more gigs, it means they/Axl just didnt want to focus on the record. It's not the other way around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yes, theoretically. What I'm saying is even though Slash is saying the truth (and I guess he is, I don't think he would lie about that now), the tour doesn't get in the way of the planning of a new record.

First, because they can all work abroad if they really want to. Plus, at the very least, anyone can write some ideas just using their computers and bouncing it back and forth with other members. The recording sessions may have to happen in a proper studio (I assume they could fund the project by themselves, but the record company may be interested again in a new GNR record with Slash and Duff), but if everything is already figured out, that could be a fairly straight foward process and wouldn't take more than three months IMO. 

Second, they had enough time already if they wanted. They could've rework the CD sessions. They could've rework the 1996 sessions. They could've write new things together on their previous tour. They could at least release a single before getting on the road again. This works with any other band. 

If they chose to play more gigs, it means they/Axl just didnt want to focus on the record. It's not the other way around. 

The stuff in bold. That's what it's all about. That... is the Alfa and Omega. : D

Edited by jamillos

The tour they're doing right now are not delaying anything related to new recordings. Slash was touring n promoting his record, that was already in the plans. Duff did the same, and his tour ended less than a month prior to the GNR dates.

Now that they are together again, i believe that there are some discussions going on, and possible some time between these dates in North n South America to work on something. The Hardschool appearance in the setlist it's the indicative that at least this song was in some way approached by Slash n Duff, maybe studiowise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo said:

The tour they're doing right now are not delaying anything related to new recordings. Slash was touring n promoting his record, that was already in the plans. Duff did the same, and his tour ended less than a month prior to the GNR dates.

Now that they are together again, i believe that there are some discussions going on, and possible some time between these dates in North n South America to work on something. The Hardschool appearance in the setlist it's the indicative that at least this song was in some way approached by Slash n Duff, maybe studiowise.

Exactly! People here tend to forget that the UYI records and also the TSI record were also recorded during the first leg of the '91 Get In The Ring Tour.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The stuff in bold. That's what it's all about. That... is the Alfa and Omega. : D

I know, I'm just point out that at the end of the day, it's up to them really. It's never about the gigs getting in the way. 

4 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Agreed. I do believe the situation right now is very different - less pressure for Axl, maybe; less worries from the record company, for sure. 

Call me naive all you want, but I do believe they are working in some new material and they intend to release it. 

• Like 1