Steven Adler *accidentally* stabs himself

1 minute ago, action said:

they are absolutely disgraceful for not mentioning anything about it

Of course they are. And for not letting him be the drummer, not letting him play as much as he wants when he shows up and for every other way they don't revolve their world around Steven Adler. 

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

This might be me just holding out hope, but maybe they want to wait and see what the actual cause was before they release a statement or message....maybe I'm just overly optimistic today

If it's not being confirmed by the family I don't think it's GNR's place to report he tried to kill himself, if that's what happened. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Why? Don't you think it's personal? It only concerns Steven and his family and friends. No one else. His family told someone he's totally fine. So they obviously don't want to make a big thing about this. Why should GNR make any reference to it?  The only thing that matters is Steven will be fine. Anything else is really none of our business at all. This is exactly what's wrong with all that social media shit. People think they're entitled to know everything. The family said he's fine. What more do you want? Even if it wasn't an accident, it's not our business.

I don't get how some of you think at all.

Exactly this, it's disgusting. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soon said:

This news gave me whiplash. Poor guy.

We all love you Steven! So happy you are on the mend!

Steven seems like he's maybe a foodie? I say this because he often references diners out, sushi, and specifically he speaks frequently about his vegan meal club that includes John 5. These days everyone takes the Kitchn Knife 101 course and feels empowered to show off with large incredibly sharp knives. Like, don't go spatchcocking a chicken before you are very in tune with your knives and the angle that they bounce back at. Just throwing that into the speculations.

Thanks so much for throwing this into the speculations. I feel ill right now, and your comment has really helped and comforted me more than I can say. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just a thought for all you guys saying "oh it's private don't bash the band" - you are wrong, it's not.

We're talking about the original drummer of one of the biggest rock bands of all time who was a crucial part of one of the greatest rock albums ever.

This is not private, it's public cultural interest - or else USA Today, Rolling Stone etc. wouldn't report about it.

Unless Steven explicitly asked them to refrain from acknowledging it in public, the band being radio silent on this looks like absolute shit to me. But if that's who they are then so be it.

Let's hope it was just an accident and Steven will recover soon.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, action said:

they are absolutely disgraceful for not mentioning anything about it

Or maybe the best thing is to not immediately post on social media about it and give a guy who is possibly in a bad place, some needed privacy? 

I honestly think that calling them disgraceful for not mentioning last night, is not the right way to go about thinking about this with all due respect

Edit:  Or maybe they didn't mention anything too, because it is coming out that he will be fine, it was a superficial wound and all that?  This isn't the thread to look for reasons to bash the big 3

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

From TMZ:

-- Adler's rep tells TMZ ... the stabbing was not a suicide attempt, and simply an accident.
The rep would not specify what caused the accident, except to describe it as a "very minor, superficial wound." So much so, we're told Adler still plans to perform a July 12 gig in Las Vegas. The show must go on, as they say. 
As for Steven's past substance abuse -- his rep assured us he's been sober for several years.

Very happy that this is the case if true!   Glad to hear it was nothing that serious both physically and mentally

My head is spinning, and I feel quite ill. I'm so so so grateful that despite the vague, misleading, clickbaity headlines/articles, at least all agree that the wound is not life-threatening and he will be ok. I love Steven with all my heart, and I couldn't stand for anything to happen to him. 

TMZ has an update that his rep said it was a minor, superficial accidental wound, and that he will perform on 12 July. https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/27/guns-n-roses-steven-adler-drummer-stab-himself-hospital/   On the one hand, I find that very encouraging; on the other, I'm freaking out bc I'd rather he rested, healed, and didn't push himself. 

I really hope the references to suicide are just tabloids being tabloids. I'm so worried because Steven has attempted suicide before. This is particularly heartbreaking as he was doing so well of late. What is even more upsetting is that rather than showing a little compassion, some fans are using this against him to call him a liability and justify the decision to keep him out of the tour. There are things in this world more important than money. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Just a thought for all you guys saying "oh it's private don't bash the band" - you are wrong, it's not.

We're talking about the original drummer of one of the biggest rock bands of all time who was a crucial part of one of the greatest rock albums ever.

This is not private, it's public cultural interest - or else USA Today, Rolling Stone etc. wouldn't report about it.

Unless Steven explicitly asked them to refrain from acknowledging it in public, the band being radio silent on this looks like absolute shit to me. But if that's who they are then so be it.

We are not owed any Tweets from Slash, Duff, or Axl any time someone we are a fan of that they know personally, gets accidently injured.

Again, we know nothing about the situation.  Maybe they all called Steven and his family and they said "don't make a big thing out of it, it isn't serious". Or who knows - point being this is not the type of situation to make up reasons to bash GNR for a situation we know virtually nothing.   Just because news outlets post about it, doesn't make personal injury a situation that shouldn't be as private as the person injured can make it be

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I don't know why people think Axl/Slash/Duff need to constantly be responsible for someone they were in a band with 35 years ago and kicked out 30 years ago. Even if they legitimately couldn't stand the man, that's fine. That's their prerogative. 

But it's much more likely they reached out to him privately and just haven't taken the reigns of the PR relating to an accident a guy who's not in their band had in his own home.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stizzy said:

My head is spinning, and I feel quite ill. I'm so so so grateful that despite the vague, misleading, clickbaity headlines/articles, at least all agree that the wound is not life-threatening and he will be ok. I love Steven with all my heart, and I couldn't stand for anything to happen to him. 

TMZ has an update that his rep said it was a minor, superficial accidental wound, and that he will perform on 12 July. https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/27/guns-n-roses-steven-adler-drummer-stab-himself-hospital/   On the one hand, I find that very encouraging; on the other, I'm freaking out bc I'd rather he rested, healed, and didn't push himself. 

I really hope the references to suicide are just tabloids being tabloids. I'm so worried because Steven has attempted suicide before. This is particularly heartbreaking as he was doing so well of late. What is even more upsetting is that rather than showing a little compassion, some fans are using this against him to call him a liability and justify the decision to keep him out of the tour. There are things in this world more important than money. 

Well said. I couldn’t agree more. Just hoping he can be happy and healthy. This is so awful for his wife and family too.

• Thanks 1

I was sure that someone will put blame in GNR....them seem easy target...but in this kind of things isn't all many simple as look's. I be thankefully that GNR don't take adventage about it , at least in public form. Maybe them want respect first the Steven family, and them are many surprised about it as we fans too. I wish the best to Steven 👍👊

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

Dude, come on. You are talking about GnR and Axl Rose in particular. The only time we got direct band infos was when Axl was in rage mode. This band has probably the worst fan communication in rock history and it won't change. Maybe when Axl is gone, but before that...no way. Do you think there would have been a press release when Slash would have die in 2002? no way. Axl Rose = Guns n' Roses. At least, he thinks so.

Slash almost died in 2002? Did I miss something? O.o

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Unless Steven explicitly asked them to refrain from acknowledging it in public, the band being radio silent on this looks like absolute shit to me

Or maybe they chose to reach out to him privately?

Or maybe they knew before we all did that it was a superficial wound.

Regardless, GNR has never been accused of being PR savvy, so really, what did you expect? 

• Like 2