Raz Cue - An Open Letter To Duff McKagan

Sosso

56 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, the crime was never "hidden".... there has been numerous reports in the press about what happened. The thing is no one paid attention to it, in part because the narrative used was that of an anecdote... like even Axl and Slash talked about it and they described the sexual act as consented, plus we never heard the girl's side of the story.

What exactly isn't true? :question:

That you're not invested in gnr anymore. You follow them on show days in threads that takes a lot of interest, you still have hope! 😃

55 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

TBF im not listening to GNR anymore either but i stick around because i like the forum.

If I didn't listen to GNR and enjoy doing so, I wouldn't be here... Nothing personal mygnr people 😄

• Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

That you're not invested in gnr anymore. You follow them on show days in threads that takes a lot of interest, you still have hope! 😃

"Invested"? ugh, far from that..... The last show I attended was in 2017 and I have read very few show threads after that.... actually, I have not even watched videos since my own shows... everything got boring after that, repetitive, stale setlist, singer's voice turned shitty and not one trace of new music.

My visits and participation in this forum has reduced considerably for the last year or so. There are some really cool people here I like talking to, about things that have nothign to do with GN'R :shrugs:

• Like 1

Not saying any of what (allegedly) happened is/was OK in any matter but it was a truly decadent and over the top era.  Guessing more than one underage girl was involved with our 80's "hero's" from many bands.  I mean wasn't Ted Nugent known for his love of the younger girls? I'm guessing with all the drugs and alcohol going on their was a lot of grey area.  I bet it never crossed anyone's mind sometimes to even think "are you 18"?   Again- NOT saying it makes it al right. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Original said:

Not saying any of what (allegedly) happened is/was OK in any matter but it was a truly decadent and over the top era.  Guessing more than one underage girl was involved with our 80's "hero's" from many bands.  I mean wasn't Ted Nugent known for his love of the younger girls? I'm guessing with all the drugs and alcohol going on their was a lot of grey area.  I bet it never crossed anyone's mind sometimes to even think "are you 18"?   Again- NOT saying it makes it al right. 

When I was 16, I wouldn't have said no to Axl :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

They were all degenerate shitbags. All 5 of them. I'm very dissapointed in Duff trying to revise history instead of owning up to their misgivings. Its clear he is embarrassed by his dark past, but that doesn't make it ok trying to cover it up with bullshit. Its better to own up to it and show how you changed and learned from it

Yes exactly, like Slash has when asked about these things.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

and that's the thing, right? They were young and thought the stuff they were saying and doing was cool. WE are all young and thought the stuff they were saying and doing was cool. We've all grown up since then; them AND us. So now we can all look back on it and say lesson learned. THAT'S the attitude Duff should have had with his responses, not that "it never happened" or "that's not what we meant" bullshit.

Agreed

3 hours ago, Flake said:

So what? That's what we loved about them. Duff is acknowledging that, just saying they didn't rape any women or make them do stuff against their will. And I believe that

A lot of stuff that they did back then would be considered assault or rape now. And tbh I'm sure there's loads of other stories (especially involving underage girls) that they've kept silent about in their books and in interviews. They've got a lot of skeletons and ghosts in their closets and they wouldn't want that getting out. We only know about the few stories that they wrote about in their books or mentioned in interviews.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I suppose we can kiss goodbye to any documentary or accurate recounting of the pre-AFD Hell House days - none of these guys have the stones for it. Needless to say, any Illusion era documentary they release officially will be an airbrushed pg-13 version where they photoshop out the drugs and groupies

Out of likes but I just wanted to add that yeah if that Perfect Crime doc ever does see the light of day it’ll be super filtered. Any anti-PC or criminal stuff will be edited out, as will anything portraying Axl as the ego-maniac he was at the time. People like Goldstein and Sorum will also be heavily downplayed, I bet.

oh, and I bet there will be no footage whatsoever of that time they partied with trump. XD

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Original said:

IMO nothing has changed that much.... abuse of minors has always happened, it still happens and it will continue to happen because humanity is putrid.
That simple.

What has changed now is that some victims feel kind of more "comfortable" to speak about it, to open up and say what they've kept in secret for many years, but there's still a lot of people who don't believe them.

Young girls and boys are vulnerable to horrible adults. It is not their fault to have their hormones messing up with them. The problem are the adults, the parents and the abusers, both of them are responsible for what happens to these kids.

38 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

A lot of stuff that they did back then would be considered assault or rape now.

I think it has always been considered assault or rape :blink:

Just because these guys didn't give a fuck about their victims, it doesn't mean that there were not laws.
They were able to silence girls either with money or with threats, the same way they have always done.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

When was that?

Like 1993. During one of their backstage theme parties they did after every show.

apparently those parties were super expensive and costed the band most of the money they made on the UYI tour. Axl’s siblings organized each party.

trump asked Doug to let him come to one of those parties once. Funny enough, he offered to pay for the documentary, apparently.

Edited by rocknroll41

Izzy didnt respond to Rikki Rackmans invitation to speak on the time Izzy sexually assaulted Vince Neils GF at the Cat House for the podcast, recently. I guess for Izzy theres always been an element of fear about his past being bought up. Put in context of the "loot" issue, its almost like he's still gangster and would be willing to be scrutinized publicly on a NITL level for sexual assault, pimping and dealing smack for a few million dollars, but no less?

Edited by soon

I feel like he would rather not talk about any of that stuff anymore.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Izzy didnt respond to Rikki Rackmans invitation to speak on the time Izzy sexually assaulted Vince Neils GF at the Cat House for the podcast, recently. I guess for Izzy theres always been an element of fear about his past being bought up. Put in context of the "loot" issue, its almost like he's still gangster and would be willing to be scrutinized publicly on a NITL level for sexual assault, pimping and dealing smack for a few million dollars, but no less?

I feel like he would rather not talk about any of that stuff anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Lol, no. Izzy probably didn't respond to Rikkis invitation because who would want to go on that podcast. 

Either way, this thread has nothing to do with Izzy. We don't need yet another thread derailed into discussing him. 

• Like 1

Well at least the statute of limitations has run out, so there is no way anyone will be brought up on charges. At the time this happened in California, it was 10 years and the victim had to report it before they reached 28 years of age. 

Honestly, reading the stories in several books and her story online, I feel this is more of an attempt to either get money from GNR or to promote her band or other business ventures.🤔

This was 35 years ago and the alleged victim would be about 48 - 50 today. The girl of then 15, might be dead or still drugging wild living or jail or a God finder and is an evangelist.

21 minutes ago, Latx said:

This was 35 years ago and the alleged victim would be about 48 - 50 today. The girl of then 15, might be dead or still drugging wild living or jail or a God finder and is an evangelist.

From the looks of things on her facebook and Twitter accounts, she is a singer, burlesque dancing, witch that also teaches witchcraft....not saying that to be mean, just stating the facts that she has put out there. <_<

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My impression is that Raz Cue doesn't really give a shit about the abused girl (to throw someone on the street naked -which seems to be the true part of the story-is abuse) who was "scarred for life," the same girl who he calls a "psycho chick" and a "bitch" in his book. He only cares about supporting Trump.

Which is kind of hilarious, considering the laundry list of accusations against that guy. Typical Trump obsessive.

Also, it seems he's calling out Duff/Axl about an allegation that he denies in the very book he plugs at the start, or am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Original said:

How old was perla when her and slash slept together during the illusions tour?.

Yeah, keep on blaming the victims.... horrible people :vomit:

26 minutes ago, Latx said:

She is ALIVE and she posted her story on a FB profile.

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Also, it seems he's calling out Duff/Axl about an allegation that he denies in the very book he plugs at the start, or am I missing something?

Raz Cue admits to be mistaken in the way he's described the events and that he has already apologized to this woman.

Apparently he didn't know her side of the story before he released the book.

• Sad 1